omg im so glad you enjoy this blog but, seriously, russian propaganda blog? wow! what is this, the red scare? we live in some trying times u_u
thank you!! 🌻🌻
Things they don’t tell you about top surgery
- Talk to the surgeon about the size you want your new areolas/nipples (don’t be afraid to ask)
- Numbness. No one talks about this for guys who are about to have surgery. You’re going to be numb all in your chest area, especially where the incisions were. They cut nerves as they pass along your chest, and it can take up to a year to regenerate those nerves. Still, feels super foreign for the first two weeks
- Make your bed into a pillow chair, body pillow, two on each side, and two for your head.
- Sleep alone. I tried to sleep with my girlfriend and it was miserable. You really do need the entire bed for yourself
- Go on Groupon, & get yourself a 10 foot lightning cable iPhone charger, BEST THING EVER, can reach from wherever you are
- Don’t take a week off from work, take two. You will regret the one week, and love the extra time
- When they say “don’t move too much, even after the first week”. LISTEN. I moved way too much and got so sore super quickly.
- Drink lots of water & eat if your taking the pain medication, otherwise your stomach feels super funky.
- Get stool softeners, & don’t be afraid to take those babies. Don’t wait a week to poop. you’ll surely regret it.
- The drains are scary & they may hurt while draining or rewrapping your dressings, but once they come out, the second they do, its no more pain, its crazy.
i hope this helps someone, because i wish i knew all of this when i was having mine a month ago. Looking back its like everyone forgets all the real negatives, its a great experience, & i healed very well & quick compared to most, but the first few days are crazy. They hurt, suck but it gets better.
To the few guys I know having surgery this week!
-the headache you get a couple days after the surgery because the anesthesia is leaving your body hurts 200 times more than the surgery itself. And even that isn’t too bad.
-after a week or, you ITCH. It’s awful. Try not to touch your stitches too much. An ice pack will help.