Jora’s Bio (Original series)
Full name: Jora Ladybird Holiday
Nicknames: Jo, Jojo, Lil’ Lady
Physical Traits: Jora has very deep brown skin, dark brown eyes, and black hair. She often wears girly outfits in a variety of colors. She is rather tall for her age and has a chubby body type. Whenever she uses her powers her entire body emits a soft neon glow. Among her accessories are hair clips in odd designs (pizza, fruit, bugs, etc) and headbands. She always has her hair in buns as well as white lace gloves.
Personality: Jora is very timid and often a just bystander, unwilling to act on her own without the guidance of other people. This leads to her becoming too dependent and clingy. Through the summer she becomes less clingy and more resourceful, able to solve problems on her own. Initially she was ashamed of her powers and even tried to get rid of them on one occasion, until an event led to her finally realizing her true worth. Jora is more feminine with a love of playing dress up, and even designing her own costumes. She also has a deep respect for nature, but dislikes it when people become too dead set on pushing their beliefs on others.
Likes: Costumes and playing dress up, taking care of her indoor garden, hiking, insects, nature, apples, fantasy novels, and ramen noodles
Dislikes: Her powers, hypocrites, unnecessary conflict, being made fun of for her interests, bullies, being and feeling abandoned, asparagus, and blatant disregard for natural habitats
Powers: As a member of a clan mostly comprised of earth and nature elememtals, Jora has the very unusual ability to manipulate any (and possibly all) species of fungi, as well as inducing decay in organic objects. The downsides of this is that she must always wear gloves when in contact with other people, and her powers hold little effect on materials that are not fully organic (glass, metals, certain fabrics, etc.). She also requires a source in order to multiply her element to effective use. She can create thick clouds of mold to hinder opponents, and a mushroom tornado attack.
- As she grows older Jo gains greater control over her power to the point where she doesn’t need gloves in certain intervals. She still wears them as a young woman
- Her hypothetical voice actress would be Keke Palmer (all series)
- Jo’s paternal cousin Pattibelle and friend Ginger are a magical girl pop duo that she works with on occasion
- Jora doesn’t have a place in UAF because she’s busy fighting her enemies; she did remain in contact with the Tennysons throughout the years though
- She returns in Omniverse as the lead female and Ben’s endgame love interest (anyone who been on my alter account should know by now I HATE Benkai)
- Jora doesn’t have a main color; I guess it can be rainbow, or pink or teal because nature
- She has a nature motif to contrast with Ben’s aliens and Gwen’s magic; she also serves as foil for Kevin 11
- Much of her character was based on CardCaptor Sakura; she’s also based on Kid Rot from Grossology and Flora and Mirta from Winx Club
- Her birthday is in March