Imagine being so strongly chaotic neutral that both god and the devil won’t let you die cause neither want you
I just started The Umbrella Academy.
Pray for my soul.
That moment when your artwork gets featured by the show’s cast but they’re from people who repost your work without credit 😩😩😩
Mehn this is so discouraging 😭
After my first time watching TUA, I saw a lot of people complaining about why the siblings don’t believe Klaus can see Ben and I kind of brushed it off. Of course they would believe he COULD see Ben. They just must believe that he isn’t seeing Ben when he says he is.
However, after my last re-watch, I have some more theories.
1. The siblings honestly don’t believe Ben is there with Klaus. This is an idea I kind of brushed aside at first. Yeah the siblings all do stupid things, but they are not stupid people. Deep down, they have to know it makes sense for Ben to be there, right? So if they don’t believe Ben is there, there has to be a reason.
Then I started thinking about all the times Klaus mentions Ben around the siblings. And by all the times, I mean two. He mentions Ben a grand total of twice. That’s it. The first time is saying “If Ben were here, he’d agree with me.” The second time is when he tells the siblings that Ben saved Diego.
The first time, Klaus is bringing up Ben 100% as leverage. No one bats an eye at this, which makes me think maybe this isn’t Klaus’s first time doing that. Oh, that’s just Klaus, using Ben to get his way.
Assuming Klaus brings up Ben that way multiple times before the show starts, it would be easy to see why the siblings would think Klaus is doing that again the second time. They’re in a serious situation and Klaus is trying to focus attention back on himself and his own importance. Of course they would be annoyed if they think he’s making it up.
Furthermore, if Klaus has specifically used Ben as a tool to get his way in the past (and based on his behavior to further his addiction in the beginning of the series, it’s 100% believable that he would use Ben to further that addiction as well), you can see how the siblings could immediately see through that. We see Ben disagreeing with Klaus and calling him out all the time. That’s part of who Ben is. If the siblings know that, and yet Klaus is constantly presenting Ben as being on his side 100% of the time, they would definitely be suspicious.
2. Vanya says everyone went their separate ways when Ben died. If that happened very quickly, then it’s entirely possible that Klaus’s first time seeing Ben, he was not with his other siblings. Furthermore, if Klaus was that torn apart by Ben’s death, it’s likely he dove even deeper into his addiction. If so, then the first time he talked to his siblings after Ben’s death, he may have either been high off his ass or trying to get more drugs and (again), using Ben as leverage for that. Either way, even if the siblings wanted to believe him, both of those things would sew doubt into the situation.
Klaus does drugs to block out the dead, right? So if he’s that high, how can he still see Ben? And if he’s using Ben as leverage, well, see point #1.
When it comes to the drugs issue, look at the way Diego reacts to Klaus talking to Ben in the first episode. For a moment, he absolutely believes Klaus is talking to someone, but he brushes that off pretty quickly. Because Klaus is high, right? It’s probably not the ghosts talking. It’s the drugs. (Which they also know blocks out the ghosts because they bring that up in the very first episode when Klaus says he can’t see their dad)
So, in the end, maybe it’s not that they don’t believe in Klaus’s ability to see ghosts, so much as they don’t believe in Klaus’s ability to stay sober long enough for his powers to work anymore.
And granted, that’s very sad, but sometimes that’s what happens when people have been struggling with addiction for so long. The people close to them stop believing things can change because they’ve seen so many times that it hasn’t changed.
That’s why Ben’s so important, as someone who sees Klaus for who he is, not who he projects to other people. He knows how strong Klaus is and he knows the kind of pain that he has had to endure, and he’s going to tell him every day that he can beat this, even if he sees that nothing is changing. Because what else is he going to do for the only family he really has anymore?
It also makes me suspect that this may have been one of the things that was so special about Dave. At one point, Ben tells Klaus, “I know you’re better than this. Dave knew it too.” Now there are plenty of fics that show Klaus managing to get sober in Vietnam. Based on the fact that we absolutely see him getting drunk in the flashbacks, and the fact that he would constantly be surrounded by angry and frightened dead people in a war zone, and based on how bad his withdrawal was when he got back, I don’t really buy that. What I do buy is the idea that Dave stood by him and believed in him and may have possibly stopped him from sliding as far into his addiction as the circumstances may have prompted him to. It may have been because Dave didn’t have a history of seeing Klaus in his addiction. Or maybe Dave was just that special. Maybe he was one of those uniquely kind and accepting people that looks at you with all your faults and stands by you anyway. Or maybe he just saw that same spark in Klaus that Dave did, that same ability to be strong and to make it through hell eventually.
I don’t know, but I’m having a lot of feelings about Klaus today and I just had to throw them out there.
What do you guys think?
The Umbrella Academy as bending styles
Allison: Water (Blood)
Klaus: Earth (Metal)
Ben: Earth (Sand)
Five: *being an intellectual and talking intellectual shit*
Diego: that doesn’t make any sense
Five: Well, it would if you were smarter.
Luther: Someone, explain right now.
Ben: it was Klaus
Klaus: it was Ben lmao
Klaus: don’t listen to Ben it wasn’t me I swear
Klaus: ben shut up
Klaus: seriously ben
EVEN MORE random BS about the Umbrella Academy
- Luther is absolutely terrible at Mario Kart.
- Ben makes little noises whenever he does things, less so than he did when he was alive because he can’t really touch much, but he still does a little series of beeps and bops when he goes up stairs.
- Klaus once ate an entire block of cheese in three minutes and then threw it all up ten later.
- Diego used to get really upset when his stutter got in the way, so he would just end up screaming for a minute before not talking until Grace calmed him down.
- Allison once rumored her way into a Beyonce concert.
- Vanya has gone days without eating because she cant just will herself to. What usually gets her out of her rut is her love for strawberry ice cream.
- Even though Five distances himself from his siblings, he cares about them deeply, and he’s only proved that a couple times. One memorable time is when he space-jumped next to Diego and pushed him out of the way of a falling chunk of ceiling, ending up with broken ribs, a broken shoulder, a broken arm, and a concussion. Of course, when he woke up, he said he regretted it, but the second thing he did was ask if Diego was okay.
WE OUT HERE LOVING THE FACT DIEGO WEARS A HARNESS
I’m sure someone’s said this already, but I haven’t seen it yet
Crowley totally could’ve been a nanny for the Hargreeves kids before warlock. I’m sure Reginald would’ve known of his existence
actually, wait i dont give a H*CK!!!! here are the hargreeves kids to what i think are their house alignments according to sortinghousechats (more moral/choice alignments as opposed to interests/where they’ll think they’ll flourish)
- Ravenclaw (or Stripped Gryffindor) primary
- Hufflepuff secondary
- Burned Hufflepuff (or Gryffindor) primary
- Gryffindor secondary
- Slytherin (or Gryffindor) primary
- Ravenclaw secondary
- Burned Hufflepuff (or Petrified Slytherin) primary
- Slytherin (Hufflepuff model) secondary
- Burned Hufflepuff (or Slytherin OR Fallen Ravenclaw) primary
- Slytherin (Ravenclaw Model) secondary
- (Burned) Hufflepuff primary
- Ravenclaw secondary
- Burned Hufflepuff (or Petrified Slytherin) Primary
- Slytherin (Neutral state) secondary
Season 2 of umbrella Acadmy = blast to the past in the story line = kids relieving and working their childhood = maybe five getting a name?
Klaus: Someone needs to take me out
Any of the others: Like on a date or with an assassin?
Klaus: Either works
Here is my drawing of the umbrella academy symbol on the Hargreaves blazers… it’s not the best but I hope you like it ❤️
Armchairs and Lullabies
The hargreeves house was cold and drab most of the time, the kids were told to focus on studies, no time to have fun.
None of them liked that rule. But ben and five found the most comfortable place in the house was next to each other, curled up in the softest armchairs in the library, reading from whatever book interested them.
Ben mainly read fantasy, stories of dragons and fairies, happy endings that gave him hope in his own life.
Five preferred fact over fiction, picking up books about science, maths, history. It reminded him that the world is static, that it was all just math and science.
The two often invited vanya along when she wasn’t playing her violin, or sometimes to play while they read. Every so often, Five, being the strongest reader, would read aloud any story they chose.
Vanya liked hearing detective stories, which eventually attracted deigo’s attention, giving him ideas for techniques on missions. And when ben started picking out romantic novels (he said it was because he likes soft things), allison joined them as well, dragging Luther in with them.
Klaus, forever the air-head, was there all along. Although he was usually getting high in another section of the library, but after hearing five clearing his throat, cigarette smoke having disturbed his reading, klaus decided he’d distract himself with the group reading instead of drugs.
At some point, grace and pogo had started coming to the sessions as well. But once Reginald, the grey man that he was, discovered the group, he ordered that they stop immediately to focus on training instead of “useless rubbish like this”
It was hard to stay together as a hargreeves child .
A/N: imma keep doing stupid tua stories, even tho no one reads them :/