Really the loml, huh <3
If I don’t start my workout with The Man then I’m not doing it lmao
Taylor Swift wonderland magazine 2013 💌✨
I will not stop posting about Wet’suwet’en people and the pipeline until the Canadian government meets their demands. Go ahead and unfollow me if you wish, but this is an issue that everyone needs to hear about. This pipeline affects all of us.
HAPPY ONE YEAR TO THE PALM TREES!!! This is madness! I still remember all the theories that came after Taylor posting this! Time really is moving fast 🥺🤩😁💕
The world is slowly beginning to hear about the Wet’suwet’en pipeline protests, but nothing has been done about it in Canada. The government is not meeting the demands of Indigenous people on their unceded territory. This issue needs to be spread further. More pressure needs to be put on Justin Trudeau and his government.
If you’re not aware of what’s happening right now, here’s a quick run down:
- Canada is building a pipeline with the company Coastal Gas Link to transfer oil to Asia
- The pipeline runs through unceded Wet’suwet’en territory. This means that the land was never given to Canada. Canada does not have control over this territory
- Leaders of the community did not approve of the pipeline going through their land, but approved an alternate route. Coastal Gas Link completely ignored this alternate route and decided to stick with the plan to build it through Indigenous territory
- RCMP have been stationed at Wet’suwet’en territory to watch over the people like they’re criminals, when all that they want to do is protect their pristine land
- Indigenous and non-Indigenous allies across Canada have participated in protests. These protests include phoning politicians that change what’s happening, occupying government offices, parading through cities, shutting down major traffic intersections, and blocking railways.
- All of these protests have been peaceful, including the blockades. The blockaders even notified the national railway about what they plan to shut down. Multiple of these peaceful protesters have been arrested for defending their land and demanding human rights
Why are people protesting?
- Indigenous Sovereignty. Indigenous people should be able to govern themselves without Canada’s “help”.
- Humans Rights. As stated earlier, the RCMP are invading the Wet’suwet’en and are watching them with weapons at the ready. Peaceful protesters are being arrested for no reason. Additionally, there are so many Indigenous communities that have been on a water boiling advisory for years. Nothing has been done to help them. These are just a few examples of the struggles Indigenous people face in their own land. Indigenous people are not being respected.
- Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women. This has been an issue for a very long time. They’ve been reported to the police, but there is barely any effort put into resolving these cases. Many of these cases take decades to resolve. There are multiple cases from the late 1990’s and early 2000’s that have NOT yet been solved. The government will gladly take land from the Indigenous people but they will not help them.
- Global Warming. Oil is not a renewable resource, and it is a big polluter to our environment. We need to move away from oil and look at the renewable resources in front of us. Additionally, the pipelines carrying oil can leak and contaminate a communities drinking water, and a pipeline could also explode. An explosion from a pipeline could kill many and destroy the land.
Basically, the pipeline is a bad idea in almost every aspect. If you want to learn more about what’s happening, please search for sources that come directly from the Indigenous people. Most news and media companies are owned by big corporations that support the use of oil. A lot of the news stories from news companies are biased and unfair.
Please spread the word by reblogging this post. Participate in peaceful protests if you are able to. Put pressure on Trudeau and his government to meet the Wet’suwet’en demands.
WET’SUWET’EN STRONG ✊🏻
6 months since Lover and 5 months till LoverfestEast Night 1💕💕💕
Can you believe that it’s been six months a whole six months since I met my song soulmate? I love you Cornelia Street 🥺💗
Totally wondering why were hiding under unbrellys again… Hope its just cause paps are annoying.
I bet everyone is thinking that Taylor will walk to the Lover Fest West and East stage but what if she flies there in sparkly pink butterfly wings. Just imagine it…
Fun fact: I STILL have people blocked on Twitter from 2017 when LWYMMD was released and they wouldn’t stop making fun of swifties and saying that Taylor was problematic. If not blocked, I definitely don’t interact with them since they’re nearly all snarky, bitter people. A Twitter Swiftie never forgets.
Fuck boys. I only stan mature men who don’t let society shape their opinion of someone they don’t know. PERIOD
Today at work, I got one of my co-workers to listen to Reputation. Two tracks in, he pauses it to ask me “So how many songs of these are about her ex’s? I’ve got to know” and I just stared at him like ‘what the fuck’
Then another white privileged male turned around and said “Maybe the problem isn’t her ex’s, maybe it’s her!”
They continued to talk and dig a deeper grave for themselves so I turned around and ignored them in the middle of talking to me.
CAUSE WHAT DO WE OWE WHEN A MAN TALKS SHIT?!
👏🏻 N O T H I N G 👏🏻
Something like say it’s been a long six months???🌷 here’s a lover inspired edit for my favorite album of all time>