- afterglow ☁️
Cruel summer inspo
I will not stop posting about Wet’suwet’en people and the pipeline until the Canadian government meets their demands. Go ahead and unfollow me if you wish, but this is an issue that everyone needs to hear about. This pipeline affects all of us.
Didn’t think I could stan Taylor any harder and then I saw an Instagram post about her leaving a restaurant boozy with Ed Sheeran and walking into a door trying to avoid paparazzi… now I’m definitely sure we would be friends if we ever met 😂
I want to know what was Taylor thinking when she decided to not release permanent marker..
My #LoverFestWest outfit ideas!! I think I’m gonna make outfit 4 for Lover Fest.
Important message for Taylor Swift
I’m in a bad situation
I’ve been a fan of yours since 2006
You’ve saved me from a lot of bad… like a lot
But the past few years I’ve been abused￼
Emotionality and sexually￼
Breaking up with my abuser didn’t help
She’s still ￼￼virtually stalking and harassing me￼
I’m not getting the space I need to heal￼
So I haven’t gained the strength I need to stop getting sucked back in to this abuse cycle
I would file a no contact order but she has blackmail that she threatened to use if I ever try that
I can’t afford legal help and I don’t even know if it will do anything
I’m feeling so hopeless
I can’t stop watching Miss Americana specifically because I resonate so much with the parts that mention your experiences with stalking and sexual assault￼￼￼￼￼
At this point watching that documentary is the only thing keeping me sane because it makes me feel less alone, more validated, and more hopeful
And of course listening to your music is a huge comfort as well
I feel like this is just getting harder and harder and my outlook on life is getting worse
But you’re still there for me when I feel alone and helpless
If you happen to see this all I’m asking for is any kind of acknowledgment￼￼￼￼￼. Even if it’s just a like. You’re pretty much my only source of hope right now￼ since I’m feeling so stuck and exhausted and scared. Getting any sort of acknowledgment from you no matter how small would be amazing.￼￼
I love you Taylor. I hope one day I can meet you and give you a hug and thank you to your face for all that you’ve gotten me through.￼
Also I named my cat Swiftie 9 years ago￼ here she is ❤️
Dear John stabbing my heart tonight. Like damn it’s 10pm.
The lucky one is without a doubt one of the best songs Taylor has ever written. Hands down. No other answers. I will love that song until the day I die.
The world is slowly beginning to hear about the Wet’suwet’en pipeline protests, but nothing has been done about it in Canada. The government is not meeting the demands of Indigenous people on their unceded territory. This issue needs to be spread further. More pressure needs to be put on Justin Trudeau and his government.
If you’re not aware of what’s happening right now, here’s a quick run down:
- Canada is building a pipeline with the company Coastal Gas Link to transfer oil to Asia
- The pipeline runs through unceded Wet’suwet’en territory. This means that the land was never given to Canada. Canada does not have control over this territory
- Leaders of the community did not approve of the pipeline going through their land, but approved an alternate route. Coastal Gas Link completely ignored this alternate route and decided to stick with the plan to build it through Indigenous territory
- RCMP have been stationed at Wet’suwet’en territory to watch over the people like they’re criminals, when all that they want to do is protect their pristine land
- Indigenous and non-Indigenous allies across Canada have participated in protests. These protests include phoning politicians that change what’s happening, occupying government offices, parading through cities, shutting down major traffic intersections, and blocking railways.
- All of these protests have been peaceful, including the blockades. The blockaders even notified the national railway about what they plan to shut down. Multiple of these peaceful protesters have been arrested for defending their land and demanding human rights
Why are people protesting?
- Indigenous Sovereignty. Indigenous people should be able to govern themselves without Canada’s “help”.
- Humans Rights. As stated earlier, the RCMP are invading the Wet’suwet’en and are watching them with weapons at the ready. Peaceful protesters are being arrested for no reason. Additionally, there are so many Indigenous communities that have been on a water boiling advisory for years. Nothing has been done to help them. These are just a few examples of the struggles Indigenous people face in their own land. Indigenous people are not being respected.
- Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women. This has been an issue for a very long time. They’ve been reported to the police, but there is barely any effort put into resolving these cases. Many of these cases take decades to resolve. There are multiple cases from the late 1990’s and early 2000’s that have NOT yet been solved. The government will gladly take land from the Indigenous people but they will not help them.
- Global Warming. Oil is not a renewable resource, and it is a big polluter to our environment. We need to move away from oil and look at the renewable resources in front of us. Additionally, the pipelines carrying oil can leak and contaminate a communities drinking water, and a pipeline could also explode. An explosion from a pipeline could kill many and destroy the land.
Basically, the pipeline is a bad idea in almost every aspect. If you want to learn more about what’s happening, please search for sources that come directly from the Indigenous people. Most news and media companies are owned by big corporations that support the use of oil. A lot of the news stories from news companies are biased and unfair.
Please spread the word by reblogging this post. Participate in peaceful protests if you are able to. Put pressure on Trudeau and his government to meet the Wet’suwet’en demands.
WET’SUWET’EN STRONG ✊🏻
Can you believe that it’s been six months a whole six months since I met my song soulmate? I love you Cornelia Street 🥺💗
I bet everyone is thinking that Taylor will walk to the Lover Fest West and East stage but what if she flies there in sparkly pink butterfly wings. Just imagine it…