Or just lethargy.
Couldn’t have said it better myself
Title: Things Fall Apart | Author: Chinua Achebe | Publisher: Penguin Classics (2006)
Well, this is embarrassing.
Remember when I said that I’d get back on track and be all productive again? Yeah, that didn’t happen. I’m still as unproductive as ever, except now I’m not so rattled because I’ve been doing just okay in uni and there’s like a month left. Don’t get me wrong, I have a lot of things to do (papers, projects, reports), I’m just not as bothered as I was a month ago. I’ve been here before. I will crawl the rest of this semester if I have to.
Anyway, I finished reading one (1) book since my last blog entry. It wasn’t even on my reading list. I just picked up a book in the library, read a few chapters, got hooked so I downloaded the eBook off of the internet. Two weeks later I finished the book. As a science nerd, I found the book really, really interesting. My book review is already up at my review blog. But despite all that, I’m still three books behind schedule (well, not schedule, it’s the challenge I set for myself: to read 12 books this year). I want to catch up but then I’d feel guilty for not focusing more on my academics.
About the sweets thing, I managed to avoid sweets for the most part. I ate a slice of cake yesterday because it’s chocolate cake, how can I refuse? And then just a few hours ago I had a sandwich with chocolate spread which I only ate because I wanted to try the chocolate spread, I swear. Other than that, I managed to cut off my almost-everyday peanut butter and/or chocolate spread binge and my buying-dessert-after-lunch habit at school. No, I didn’t lose a lot of weight (I think I lost like a kilogram).
Lastly, I wanted to mention that I started writing some fan fiction for this fandom I’m a part of. I’ve published two works on AO3, and I have a couple in the works (which I haven’t worked on for about a week or so now). My first kudos and first comment felt really good.
That’s all I have for you for today. Have a nice rest of the day!
TWW: Things Fall Apart (6.21)
• I decided not to start a new show and continue this rewatch instead cause it’s been a minute
• also the title makes me think of that horrible book I had to read in high school
• zoey and Charlie in the recap? Oooooh
• lol Charlie got a message from Zoey saying “!!!!” what a mood
• wait VP nominee?
• “we need Daddy to step in”
• oh this the start of the shuttle leak plot nooo
• “I had a good teacher.”
“I meant Will.”
• oohhh this is the ep where Bartlet catches Charlie coming out of Zoey’s room
• lol how awkward
• also Charlie please shave that mustache
• “maybe it was me doing the screeching… inside.”
• ok what even was that dialogue? It was so weird and clunky sounding. they managed to pull it off but like what were they even trying to say?
• also I love how Abbey doesn’t give a f about Charlie coming out of Zoey’s room lol
• if Charlie didn’t want to “make an honest woman” out of Zoey then what was he talking about?
• also when Charlie asks Bartlet if he would have his blessing to marry Zoey and Bartlet says “I’m not the member of the family you should be concerned with” is he talking about Zoey or Abbey? I never got that.
• “remember 3 feet on the floor at all times.”
lol Josh stop
• Vinick probably meant what he said but yeah he just won over a ton of Democrats.
• also me literally every time Vinick speaks: we deserved him!!!
• the way they end the episode alludes to the fact that CJ leaked the shuttle story but in the end it turns out to be Toby. However a lot people hate that he did that so to explain his behaviors they theorize that Toby only takes the fall to cover for CJ
Things Fall Apart was such a beautiful book that I honestly did not fully grasp until the very end. Everything written was deliberate and though I hated the main character he wasn’t written to be loved but rather to just be understood.
“The white man is very clever. He came quietly and peaceably with his religion. We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. Now he has won our brothers, and our clan can no longer act like one. He has put a knife on the things that held us together and we have fallen apart.”
Things Fall Apart, Novel by Chinua Achebe
There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts
Things fall apart- Chinua Achebe