Christmas au when there’s a xmas party at Cloud Recess and Nie Huisang is teasing Wei ying that he’s never kissed anyone and dares him to stand under the mistletoe and kiss the first person that walks by even if that person might be Lan Qiren. Wei ying obviously takes him up on that offer and goes to stand under it.
Lan zhan is about to walk by but wants to turn around for some reason but Nie Huisang who’s next to him “accidentally” pushes Lan Zhan like the little snek he is which causes him to crash into Wei Ying. The latter is like thank god and kisses the life out of Lan Zhan.
8.) That is a tough request, Lan WangJi.
I got my very straight friend to watch The untamed after she asked me to recommend a TV show while she is at home with the flu. She is painfully straight but a sweetheart. I told her nothing of the novels or plot or characters, experience has thought me that she hates spoilers.
Halfway through she had her
- Harold, they’re lesbians TM moment
And it was so cute and funny. I called her to ask how she is recovering and she said she loves the show but she thinks “Wangji is tragically in love with Wuxian, but Wuxian is infuriatingly oblivious…”
Awwww, I love her 💕
That feel when you want so much to start a series but you know you’re not emotionally ready for the angst that Tumblr spoilers say you will encounter
𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏
𝒐𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈
𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒓𝒉𝒚𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏
𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒐—𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒏
(𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒏 / 𝒈𝒆𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒆𝒍)
After a spell went awry, the last thing Lan Wangji expected was to find was a charming elf, hidden deep within a magical forest. Drawn like a moth to a flame, he spends his nights there, before the sun rises.
A gift for my lovely partner @tkacz-art for the @mxtxbigbang event
Chapter 1 is up, chapter two and three are in the works right now. I hope you enjoy!
More modern MDZS au stuff
- Wei Wuxian, Nie Huaisang, and Wen Ning are basically bffs all thru college. Mo Xuanyu is three years behind them and heavily admires Wei Wuxian’s work
- Mo Xuanyu does makeup tutorials on youtube
- Nie Huaisang is genderqueer and pansexual, Wen Ning is aro/ace, and Mo Xuanyu is gay
- Wei Wuxian is bi but he doesn’t know it yet. All of his college buddies know and are waiting patiently for him to finally come out
- Madam Yu, Madam Jin, Madam Qin, and Meng Shi have a wine and whine night every friday where they get together to complain about men and gossip. They used to drag their kids along for a group hang so the Jin siblings and Jiang trio have known each other from a young age
- Lan Wangji has a collection of unpublished poetry that is all about Wei Wuxian; he refuses to let anyone read them, until the day he finally confesses to Wei Wuxian
- Wen Qing and Wen Ning often babysit their late cousin’s son A-Yuan. A-Yuan lives with their Granny for now
- Wen Qing and Wei Wuxian manage to become friends even though they’ve often at each other’s throats; Wei Wuxian is a reckless idiot who injures himself often and goes to Wen Qing for medical advice and she’s just like “go to the hospital!!”
- Lan Wangji pre-orders all of Wei Wuxian’s comic books and keeps a special space for them on his bookshelf so he can go back and reread them whenever he wants
- Jiang Yanli is the best big sister. She not only mothers Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian, she considers Meng Yao, Qin Su, and Mo Xuanyu her siblings long before she even marries Jin Zixuan. All of them live much happier lives with Jiang Yanli there to make them soup and listen to their teenage woes
- Mian Mian sews her own scent pouches and sells them on etsy
WWX: *uses babydoll eyes*
LWJ: *It’s super-effective!*
Wen Qing: *snickers in the background*
MDZS Modern AU Family Businesses
So in my au the five main clans would have family businesses which make the children fairly high-class
- Owns a family restaurant called Lotus Soup
- Madam Yu runs the kitchen like a female Gordon Ramsey
- Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli both go into the family business; Wei Wuxian their adopted brother still sucks at cooking and is forbidden from entering the Lotus Soup kitchen
- Wei Wuxian was adopted into the family at the age of 8. His father had worked at Lotus Soup and was a good friend to Jiang Fengmian, but his mother was a journalist who did a lot of traveling, so when they got married, Wei Changse decided to travel with her. They died in a care accident (cliche I know) when Wei Wuxian was 6 and in a different country so it took two years for Jiang Fengmian to learn what had happened
- Wei Wuxian decides to be a graphic designer instead. He’s been doodling macabre art from a young age, and eventually starts his own horror comic series
- Owns the Pavillion Review, a literary magazine
- Everyone in the family is a published author. Almost all of them publish nothing but nonfiction. Lan Wangji’s morher is the exception. She’s a poet. It was quite scandelous when she married into the family
- Lan Wangji’s parents were actually in love this time around
- Lan Wangji secretly writes poetry and only lets his mother and brother read it. He is very embarrassed about it
- Around age 15 Lan Wangji suddenly starts writing a whole bunch of love poems for and about Wei Wuxian because he’s a hopeless romantic who doesn’t know else how to express his feelings. It’s the only poems he refuses to show anyone
- Lan Wangji attends a prestigious college and gets into literary criticism just like his father, uncle, and brother, but he also starts publishing his poetry under a pseudonym
- Own a law firm called Jin Brothers & Associates
- They mainly do corporate law
- Yes they’re vaguely corrupt; what did you expect?
- Jin Guangshan has a bunch of kids out of wedlock and pays their moms to keep mum, but Madam Jin finds out anyway and bands together with the other moms so that the kids can grow up alongside their siblings
- That said some of the children still want a relationship with their dad (Jin Zixuan and Meng Yao especially) even though they know he’s not a particularly good person
- One of Jin Guangshan’s happiest clients is Mr. Qin, whose daughter Qin Su happens to also be one of Jin Guangshan’s illegitimate children
- Own the Qinghe Hunting Lodge
- It’s basically exactly what it sounds like
- Nie Huaisang is a disappointment to the family because they’re a genderqueer vegetarian who would rather shoot animals with a camera
- They’re also really into bird watching
- Nie Mingjue loves his little sib anyway even if he doesn’t understand them
- Nie Huaisang enters into the same art program as Wei Wuxian and the two of them become art buddies
- Work in the Qishan Medical Center
- Wen Ruohan is one of the main surgeons. He’s very good at what he does but also a super bad person who would happily recommend unnecessary procedures if it means more coin in his pocket
- Wen Xu takes after his father
- It’s a miracle that Wen Chao has not yet been sued for malpractice
- Wen Qing is the most promising of the med students, but she clashes with Wen Ruohan over every decision he makes
- Wen Ning tried to get into medical school but he didn’t have the nerve for it; so he transfers into the art program and becomes bffs with Wei Wuxian; he eventually goes into the comic book business with Wei Wuxian and helps him with the background art
lan wangji looking at his husband
He gave him gay porn.
He gave him gay porn…
‘‘Why do you always act so reckless?’‘ Lan Zhan asked , as he carefully took care of Wei Ying’s wounds.They were not too severe , scratches and bruises, just enough to trouble him for tonight.
‘‘Not my fault that I’m clumsy!!’‘ he pleaded , a not so innocent smile on his face.
Lan Zhan watched him in suspicion , his hands gently bandaging Wei Ying’s knee , if only he managed to sneak into the house with his wounds without waking up Lan Zhan. , but the moment he placed his keys in the bowl Lan Zhan was awake and asking questions.
‘‘You still won’t tell me how you got these?’’ he asked , a hurt look in his eyes that just begged confide in me.
‘‘I did tell you , slipped on the ice and fell.’‘ Wei Ying averted his gaze , being extremely vulnerable to Lan Zhan’s soft voice , and caring hands and gentle eyes , and he was very close to breaking as he heard Lan Zhan sigh , his thumbs brushing delicately down to his calf.
‘‘Wei Ying.’‘ he called tenderly , breaking whatever dam Wei Ying tried to hold.How can Lan Zhan be so persuasive with just saying his name , he did not know.Wei Ying huffed in defeat.
‘’Ok , maybe I withheld some details.You know how you said you want to take me out to ice skate.’’
‘‘Well I don’t know how to ice skate , so , well , I asked A-Yuan to teach me tonight and he was great , but I was not.’‘ he dangled his feet , showing the proof.
‘‘Wei Ying.’’ Lan Zhan continues to stroke the small bruises on Wei Ying’s legs. ‘’I could’ve taught you.No need for you to already know.You can lean on me.’’
He did look at Lan Zhan now , how he had that glow while gazing at Wei Ying , a sheer aura glinting on his looks that only seemed to light up while looking at him.Warmth bloomed into his chest and his hand came to brush Lan Zhan’s jaw , pressing a kiss there.
‘‘Very well.I will lean on you.’‘ he whispered , grateful , lips already coming to press down another kiss.
‘’But I will also fall a thousand times because I am very very bad at skating.’’
‘‘Don’t worry. I will catch you.’‘ Lan Zhan assured.
‘‘Every time?’‘ Wei Ying asked giggling , not expecting an answear.
‘‘Every time.’‘ Lan Zhan answeared.