Rating summaries for The Untamed, based off completely arbitrary things
Big LWJ fan energy. Jingyi definitely wrote it. I love it. Unfortunately, the phrasing is a bit clunky, and reads as if it were cut off halfway. Perhaps Jingyi wasn’t warned of the character limit. 5/10
Its pretty good. Short and sweet. Doesn’t wimp away from ‘soulmates’. 8/10
Unsure what to focus on: “fast friends”, the fact that this only mentions the first third of the plot, or how it calls Wen Rouhan a mastermind. Funny but confusing. To be fair, I’m pretty sure this is an automatic translation because I had to noodle around forever to get it in English so it gets a bit of an excuse for that. Funny but confusing. 2/10
Amazing. I can’t decide what I like better: “good friend” or “solve a series of murder mysteries”. Sounds like a shitty buddy cop comedy. 10/10
Nie Huaisang has favorites among his fans. Some have the nicest designs, some are so comfortable to hold.
It’s none of these he finds himself returning to every time he has to interact with Jin Guangyao.
It was a rare frivolous present from Nie Mingjue, even rarer because it survived the fire.
Its edges are a little too uneven, the wood a little too rough. If he holds it too tight, he has to clean it later from the tiny bloody cuts it leaves.
He has to clean it very often.
That’s not much of a problem, though. It gives him time to calm the seething anger and hate that wells up every time he has to restrain himself from wrapping his hands around a murderer’s throat.
Over time, the continuous cleaning and oiling gently smooths the wood. Over time, the storm of negative emotions calms.
Over time, it finishes absorbing what it needs.
Nie Huaisang never notices when the fan gains an aura of its own, a gentle fog that misdirects people from things he doesn’t want them to see. He doesn’t notice when the tips sharpen, when the paper becomes a fine razor edge.
When the shield becomes a sword.
MDZS/CQL Prompt #1:
Wwx and Lwj get turned into ~6 year-olds
All the elders and Lxc are out, so the junior disciples have to babysit. Naturally, having heard all the stories from back when they were teenagers, they expect Wwx to be a chaotic force of nature as a child. They are pleasantly surprised that he is as docile as they come; only to have their world turned upside down by the terror and destruction 6yo Lwj wreaks upon them (possibly pulling wwx along with him after some time)
PSA: MDZS/CQL Fanfiction Prompts
As always with me and fandoms, I have way more fanfiction ideas than motivation and time to write all of them.
So I thought I might start to share them on this blog as prompts so anyone who feels inspired can use them to write their own story!
- I may or may not write a few of them myself at some point, but of course that doesn’t mean that you can’t publish what you want to write/have already written for that prompt! The more the merrier!
- Honestly the more fics for a prompt the better imo 😉
- I try to keep the prompts short so you can take all the creative liberty you want! But for most ideas I have like half a plot already in my head/specific scenes already worked out, so if you need more inspiration or just don’t know where to start, feel free to message me and I’ll share whatever I have with you 😊
- I’m also willing to help you bounce ideas back and forth, whine about writing together, beta etc. Whatever helps ✌️
- Should you not want to write a whole fic, but only add a single scene/your own headcanon to the post, please go ahead! I’m always curious about them!
- If you’ve decided to write one of my prompts please PLEASE link me to the fic, because I will definitely cry if I miss it 🥺
Hmm, I think that’s it for now!
I hope you’ll find some prompts that you’ll like. I can’t wait to read any fics you guys might write 😘