hi! i don’t have nearly as big of a presence in the d20 fandom as i do on twitter, but here goes nothing. i’m running a giveaway on my twitter account for d20 merch or a dropout sub where every entry is a proof of donation to one of ten organizations that support the black lives movement + protestors on the front lines. if you’ve ever wanted a dropout sub/d20 merch but don’t have the money, you only need five dollars to get a chance to win a free shirt or a dropout sub!
(p.s. if you do decide the join the giveaway, please read the entire thread before you do anything. thank you!)
ik that ‘dont look at the notes’ is like a tried and true tactic to avoid brainworms on this website but with protest and anti-police tactics going around you *need* to start reading the notes. read the notes on those cheeky posts about how 'i hope nobody realizes that you can xyz to zyx’ and read the twitter thread, op’s and replies. the spread of misinformation right now could lead to unnecessary fear at best and *real physical harm* at worst. right now I’m talking about that plywood shield post but this could literally be about anything. please do your own research even if it’s very cursory to make sure you won’t be ,like, killing somebody
adding image descriptions
[image 1: screenshot that reads
MISSION: Brave Space Alliance is the first Black-led, trans-led LGBTQ Center located on the South Side of Chicago, dedicated to creating and providing affirming, culturally competent, for-us by-us resources, programming, and services for LGBTQ individuals on the South and West sides of the city. We strive to empower, embolden, and educate each other through mutual aid, knowledge-sharing, and the creation of community-sourced resources as we build toward the liberation of all oppressed peoples. ]
[image 2: screenshot that reads
Brave Space Alliance was created to fill a gap in the organizing of and services to trans and gender-nonconforming people. Currently, very few LGBTQ social services or advocacy networks exist on the South and West Sides of Chicago. Furthermore, the few trans-specific resources in the city are located in majority-white neighborhoods on the North Side, which are inaccessible geographically, and also regularly result in the hyper-policing of trans people of color who attempt to access them.]
they are actively providing jail support and asking for donations to give detained protestors that are finally being released food/water/rides home. voices coming out of chicago are saying detained protestors are being denied food and water and were held overnight so this support is vital, follow them on instagram for more info
A lot of the lists on tumblr have been circulating all week and some of the organizations have taken in as much as they can use with the size/scope of their mission. I signed up to the excellent Reclaim the Block and they just posted this list on their facebook.
Black Table Arts - Gathering Black communities through the arts, towards better black futures.
Centro de Trabajadores Unidos en Lucha - CTUL is a worker-led organization where workers organize, educate and empower each other to fight for a voice in their workplaces and in their communities.
Du Nord Riot Recovery Fund - Du Nord Craft Spirits is a Black-owned distillery with a building that was damaged. They’ve “received a tidal wave of love and support from across the nation and many have asked how they can help… Therefore, Du Nord is establishing this fund to support black and brown companies affected by the riots.”
Little Earth Residents Association - Food and safety needs for residents of Little Earth of United Tribes.
Migizi Communications - MIGIZI Communications advances a message of success, well-being and justice for the American Indian community. Support them rebuilding after fire.
Minnesota Healing Justice Network - We provide a supportive professional community and mutual aid network for wellness and healing justice practitioners who also identify as IBPOC (indigenous, black, or people of color).
Northside business support - support businesses on Minneapolis’s Northside that have been impacted by recent demonstrations.
Pimento Relief Fund - We’re partnering with Pimento to provide black business without insurance relief after white supremacists set them on fire during the protests.
Powwow Grounds - send via paypal to email@example.com - Native-run cafe, currently providing meals to elders, protectors and community, purchasing medical supplies, fire supplies, cooking supplies.
Southside Harm Reduction- Southside Harm Reduction Services works within a harm reduction framework to promote the human rights to health, safety, autonomy, and agency among people who use substances.
Spiral Collective - A volunteer full-spectrum reproductive options and support group comprised of doulas, birth-workers, and passionate reproductive justice advocates. based in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, occupied Dakhóta territories.
Women for Political Change - Holistically investing in the leadership and political power of young women and trans & non-binary individuals throughout Minnesota.
Unicorn Riot - A decentralized media organization that has been live-streaming uprisings
The Du Nord Riot Recovery fund and Black Table Arts websites both say that they’ve achieved their funding goals (at current 9:24 EST June 1st).
The Minnesota Healing Justice Network, Pimento Relief Fund, Powwow Grounds, Southside Harm Reduction, Spiral Collective, and Unicorn Riot all have PayPal as an option!
I posted this on Twitter and then forgot to crosspost, but: I do not have artistic skills, but if anyone’s interested, I will write you a few hundred words of anything you want within reason (I don’t do nsfw, but I’ll write your OCs, I’ll write your D&D character backstory, I’ll write fic of any property I know) in exchange for a recent, timestamped donation of 10$ or more to Black Lives Matter, Black Visions Collective, Reclaim the Block, a bail fund, or any other relevant organization.
hi everyone! I know things are fucked everywhere, but two nights ago in Omaha, NE, a 22-year-old black man was murdered by a racist white man in the middle of the protest. the murderer was initially arrested but it was just announced a couple hours ago that no charges are being pressed.
if you’ve still got money to donate, please consider sending it to the Nebraska Left Coalition, with “bail” in the memo line. (that link goes right to their paypal, but they are listed in bailfunds.github.io from the National Bail Fund Network as a legitimate source, and there’s more information about them on their website and facebook page)
his name was James Scurlock, and he deserves justice.
Here is a compilation of places to donate (IF you can, simply reblogging and sharing this can help) and petition to sign. I found these websites and organizations on twitter.
- THE MINNESOTA FREEDOM FUND: Donate to this to collect funds to pay jail bonds for the protesters who get arrested.
- BLACK LIVES MATTER: An organization fighting for the BLM movement. Donate if you can.
- BLACK VISIONS MN: an organization that is led by Black, Queer and Trans people. Donate if you can.
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund: Fights for the overall equality fight. Donate if you can.
- Willie Simmons has spent 38 years in prison for a $9 robbery. He had two prior convictions similar to robbery that he served time for. He was prosecuted under the Alabama Habitual Offender law and was given a life sentence for his third strike - stealing 9 (NINE) dollars. Sign his petition.
- Breonna Taylor was killed by police who were conducting an UNANNOUNCED drug raid, where they gave no request to enter. They bashed her door and entered, shooting her EIGHT times. They were in the WRONG HOUSE.
- George Floyd was killed by a police officer who knelt on his neck and suffocated him to death, after George pleaded with the officer and told him he couldn’t breathe. The officer had pulled him from where he sat in his car on an alleged FORGERY. You can also text “FLOYD” to 55156
- ARREST THE OFFICERS WHO KILLED GEORGE FLOYD: The main police officer who murdered George is being kept in PROTECTIVE CUSTODY. You probably have heard he was arrested, but this is NOT TRUE. He was placed under PROTECTIVE custody because of the riots and “threats” on his life.
If you know of ANY other organizations or petitions, PLEASE ADD TO THIS LIST. The fight for justice doesn’t end here, it will never end. Especially when the president of the United States calls white supremacists good people and protesters of a mans death THUGS. USE YOUR VOICE. NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE. FUCK COPS. FUCK “BLUE LIVES”. ALL BLACK LIVES MATTER!
the minnesota freedom fund is asking folks to donate to other organizations instead. the specific ones they listed are black visions, linked above, and these two:
- northstar health collective, organized healthcare professionals working with anti-authoritarian groups
- reclaim the block, a collective that aims to redistribute funding away from police and towards more community-oriented projects in minneapolis
these are the links i send to my facebook friends who keep running their mouths about “the protests hurting the community”
- minnehaha food shelf & calvary church food shelf are both centered in the south minneapolis area where the riots started. the grocery stores in the area have been decimated, so food shelves and food insecurity charities need a lot of love right now.
- northside funders group is a philanthropic group in the twin cities that’s using all its funds right now for helping local businesses
- migizi is a native american media/history nonprofit whose office was destroyed in the riots
- we love lake street is devoting funds specifically towards rebuilding the lake street area in south minneapolis
some more groups that could use your help
- the healing justice foundation is a national nonprofit that’s specifically focusing on mental health resources for bipoc right now
- ctul is a nonprofit focused on low-wage workers and workers rights in minnesota
- mpd 150 is focused on policing and specifically trying to reroute the conversation from “we need to change police procedures” to “the police need structural reform”
- the spiral collective is providing funds for supplies, medic kits, and other things that protesters will need on the ground
- unicorn riot is a media collective that has had people on the ground filming every night in minneapolis
last but not least some more bail funds
Another thread of pictures and videos of white people destroying property and setting fire to buildings / cars agaisnt protestors wishes there is something sinister happening and whether or not these people are involved with the police does not matter at this point, they are getting poc arrested in mass and attacked because of their behavior
Multiple accounts nation wide of white “protestors” coming into cities they don’t live in and destroying property is being spread black and brown protestors are being ignored while begging them to stop, all the white people in these photos and videos seem to follow a similar dress code this is NOT just happening in minneapolis this has been recorded in over 20 cities so far, do not let these people spin the narrative, these white protestors are not on the side of poc and are inciting violence and destroying our communities
There was a supposed “protest” lead by a Neo-Nazi in Asheville. I understand wanting to jump at any opportunity to protest right now but please do your research and be careful!
DO NOT go to any protest that you cannot prove is organized by BLM or another well-established local organization. Try to wear a mask that looks more “I’m not spreading the rona” than “I’m hiding my face”. Bring fire extinguishers. If you see white people engaging in violence, confront and photograph them. Defend black and immigrant shopkeepers if necessary.
Much is not as it appears.
I liked the concept of gorgug giving ragh a flower crown and then got WAY too caught up drawing all the leaves and petals! here are the boys… vibing…
you dont care about the black people dying.
youre just looking to push forward your own agenda while emptying your mind of all sympathy for black people. its transparent.
your commie revolution is only for you and for people like you, and doesnt involve the liberation of black people who are brutalized on a daily basis for existing.
either boost our voices or shut the fuck up.
there is no difference between a white conservative who hates black people and a white leftist who makes jokes about black protests while speaking over black people.
one is just less of a coward about being open to how they really view us.
white people see riots and protests against police brutality directed towards black people and be like “oh is this my commie dream revolution” no bitch it isnt!!
“did you roll that with disadvantage?”
kin with jens tap dancing emotionally
THIS IS ME TALKING AS MURPH I THINK EVERYBODY NEEDS THERAPY AND NEEDS TO STOP BEING FRIENDS WITH TOXIC PEOPLE LIKE JENS