some people actually get sleepy with caffeinated coffee [side eyes my father] and for your sake i hope that’s your case, because if it were me drinking caffeine and sugar even early in the afternoon goodness knows i’d be tossing and turning for ages before i sleep! then again, i really cannot handle coffee anymore, so…
i’m glad to hear you’re otherwise good, though! 💕
tbh it doesn’t deliver here either and i still went and got it through a mail forwarding service and honestly? not that glossier stuff is bad, but it probably really wasn’t worth the trouble so don’t be like me :’)
so far it’s been fine! i finally did a yoga routine this afternoon which left me feeling wonderful, now i’ve made myself a big mug of earl grey and a snack and i’m sat down trying to psych myself up to start writing my thesis report, eek! i’ve been putting that off for way too long and i promised myself i’d at least get started today. and yours, dear?
hey dear! there’s no clear research that points towards biotin clearing your skin. rather, it’s reported that taking too much biotin could trigger cystic acne. your skin clearing up could have to do more with other changes in your life: lifestyle habits, eating habits, sleeping patterns, hormonal fluctuations, etc. and since you mention meds, depending on what they are, they may be a lot more likely to be responsible for that change than your biotin supplements. either way, i’m happy for you!
hey! that’s a very well known and unfortunate property of ascorbic acid. to me it smells like metal, to some it smells like pennies, meat or hot dog water. it’s hard to pinpoint the cause of the smell (ascorbic acid is scentless, and it puzzles even derms and formulators), but i’ve grown accustomed to it and don’t care one way or another. the results i get from vitamin C are by far worth it. however, some brands attempt to cover it with heaps of fragrance, which is hardly a better alternative, especially since vitamin C in high concentrations is already skin-sensitizing; you don’t want to add to that. this was the approach that primark’s P.S.-line brightening vitamin C took, though i must say the product was very efficient and affordable and i never caught a whiff of eau de hot dog underneath all the annoyingly fake citrusy scent. if that’s something you can overlook, you could try it, though i have no idea if it’s still being sold (it’s been ages since i last set foot in a primark).
overall, though, the products some people declare are bad-scent-free may still interact with your particular skin chemistry and cause that smell for you. it’s just very common, and hard to avoid. i suggest making your peace with it, because it’s hard to rival vitamin C for its anti-hyperpigmentation properties, but if you absolutely cannot abide it, you can try to add to your routine other actives with the same properties — check my post here on acne scars.
48. .. from a painting ? [to clarify: post a painting/art of someone wearing clothing you would wear]
not going to lie, this made me realise how many of my favourite paintings’ subjects are clad in little more than artfully draped bedsheets. of course, with one obvious exception: the icon, the scandal, the madame herself…
fun beauty fact for you guys: virginie gautreau, the beauty in the portrait, was renowned for taking her paleness to new heights by powdering her skin with violet-tinted powder. a girl after my own heart!
( please answer with images ONLY ! )
- .. to gather flowers alone in the meadow ?
- .. to a sweltering outdoor concert ?
- .. to a café date ?
- .. to a st. valentine’s day dance ?
- .. to a barefoot, springtime revel with friends ?
- .. to a pristine, secluded lake in the mountains ?
- .. to the creepy, abandoned lighthouse ?
- .. if you lived in a fairy tale ?
- .. if you lived in your favourite film or television show ?
- .. if you lived in your favourite book ?
- .. if you were in a music video for your favourite song ?
- .. to emerge from the sea ?
- .. to emerge from a curtain of crystal clear waterfalls ?
- .. to nap on the mossy bank of a river in summer ?
- .. to explore an abandoned manor with friends ?
- .. in the particular colours of your hogwarts house ?
- .. to the louvre ?
- .. into space ?
- .. to the forest wedding of a friend ?
- .. to peruse the spring flower market ?
- .. to the beach bonfire ?
- .. to relax by the hotel pool ?
- .. to your grandmother’s garden party ?
- .. that your parents/family would dislike ?
- .. to explore portofino with your love ?
- .. to an underground club ?
- .. to the premiere of an art film ?
- .. to the book club meeting that convenes in the solarium ?
- .. on holiday in the country with friends ?
- .. to slip lasily down the river in a small boat, your hand trailing the sun-bright water ?
- .. to the ball you were invited to via a cryptic invite stamped with a red wax seal ?
- .. to roam the yawning corridors of the castle at night, candelabra in hand, trying like the devil to keep your heart from beating out of your chest ?
- .. to investigate strange goings-on in the catacombs beneath the city ?
- .. to tend your cottage’s modest garden ?
- .. with a sword in hand ?
- .. with a cup of tea in hand ?
- .. with a cleansing face mask ?
- .. to collapse on the moors ?
- .. to do an interview regarding your recent cinematic debut in a modern retelling of a shakespeare work ?
- .. to tour the margate shell grotto ?
- .. to exemplify your current mood ?
- .. to rob a bank with your clique ?
- .. to attend a contentious family gathering ?
- .. to feel sacred/untouchable ?
- .. to feel magical ?
- .. to hike the picturesque cliffs overlooking the crashing sea ?
- .. to collect shells on the seashore with your younger family members ?
- .. from a painting ? [to clarify: post a painting/art of someone wearing clothing you would wear]
- .. to a séance ?
- .. when wandering through a hedge maze, looking for an escape, but only finding more and more floral curiosities ?
do not confuse the lack of foot traffic outside for cleaning the environment. big oil companies dumping oil in the ocean and large industries polluting greenhouse gases are what is hurting the planet.
animals going into the city is just entropy, it is less noisy or they have become dependent on human food or they are foraging. that is just normal. not a sign that mother nature is healing. just shut up.
people aren’t the problem, capitalism is what is causing global warming and climate change. we need to stop massive waste and large scale pollution.