Anyway, quick shout out to Women Assault Survivors that were assaulted by other women. Women who will never feel safe in “Women’s Only” spaces ever again. Women who no longer feel safe in their friendships with other women. Especially, shout to Sapphic Women who have survived assault from other women. All of you are incredibly brave and deserve to feel safe in your relationships.
Since this is making the rounds again I just want to add that this post is absolutely for trans women as well. Trans women that have survived assault from other women deserve nothing but safety, love, and support.
You don’t even need to be sexually assaulted to feel unsafe around other women. Even women who were bullied primarily by other women for being different in some way, or women who were body-shamed by other women will also feel this.
You don’t have internalized misogyny for being ostracized by the kind of women who think women only matter when they look or think exactly like them.
THEORY: CIVIL WAR AND HOMECOMING HAPPEN IN 2020 MAKING ENDGAME IN 2026
Everyone was completely put out when Spider-Man: Homecoming went and ruinee the coherent timeline of the MCU with its 8 years later of the Battle of New York. Which thanks to Endgame is canonically 2012.
But what if Hoco is right? What if it has been 8 years.
We know that Hoco and Civil War happen the same year, so that would place them both in 2020.
During Civil War Ross states that for the past 4 years the Avengers have gone unsupervised, but who supervised the Avengers? S.H.I.E.L.D. And what happened? That’s right, Hydra caused S.H.I.E.L.D. to have to be taken down during the Winter Soldier. Then we place WS 4 years before CW making it 2016.
And if CW happened in 2020, then IW happens in 2021, and Endgame in 2026.
My biggest issue is really just that Peter is said to be born in 2001, he would have to have been born in 2006 and would only be 5 during the events of IM 2.
CA WS: 2016
CA CW / Hoco: 2020
CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME: Marvel intentionally made us ship ironstrange.
Why? To make people stop bitching that Stephen and Tony were too similar.
This was a pretty common complaint following Doctor Strange - the characters had similar backgrounds (rich geniuses), personalities (arrogant with a heart of gold), stories (redemption arc/phoenix from the ashes), and goatees.
Where’s my proof? BITCH I’M GLAD YOU ASKED
- Tony and Stephen are paired up early in the movie, forming 2/3rds of a group - the last member of which just so happened to be Peter. Now, I’m not sure how aware Marvel is of what goes on in the fandom, but that seems an awful lot like superfamily but with a new dad to me
- Tony (and Peter) save Stephen from Maw
- Tony explains (vents) his reasons for not returning to Earth to Stephen - and he listens. He respects Tony’s opinion and treats him as an equal. And we all know how rare that is.
- Did I mention that they do this while standing in front of a starry background? I’ve literally seen people say they originally thought Tumblr photoshopped this until they saw the movie because it was just so gay
- Stephen protects Tony and Peter when they crash land on Titan, then helps Tony up a minute later - a minor point, but they start to build up
- Tony helps Stephen after he looks into the future in a scene reminiscent of helping someone who’s had a panic attack - something Tony has personal experience with
- The big one. The main event. The thing that cemented this ship into the fandom: Stephen sacrifices the time stone for Tony. Is this a tactical choice? Yes. But for it to work as a ploy on Stephen’s part, Thanos has to find it believable that Stephen would do this or else he would just think it’s a trick and have no reason to trust him. And Thanos might be a dumb bitch, but he was spot on with this. Also, Stephen is putting his faith in Tony to save the universe here. And if trust is a part of a healthy relationship, then I can’t think of a better way to show it
TL;DR: Marvel tricked us all into shipping ironstrange, and I love them for it
Some of these things could be coincidental, but the way Tony looked at Stephen after the Cloak smacked his ass? And said “I’m … going to allow that”? They KNEW what they were doing with that!
also the way Stephen looks down on the ground while talking about Tony’s ice cream flavour as if he was feeling embarrassed that he knows something about a person he’s never met before? that’s such a high school crush behavior
Every person who reblogs this with further proof is a member of the revolution
In the afterlife, souls can see how many living people still know you once existed. You, who had lived a fairly normal life, finally saw the count drop to 0 just 200 years after your death. 500 years later, 95% of the Earth’s total population suddenly knows about you.
And they all know I sold really, really shitty copper.
I laughed UNREASONABLY hard over this.
explanation for those who want it!
Love being brutally called out by the British Library
Oh my gosh I went here a few days ago do you guys want to see the whole sign
I’m covered with “Librarians from Everywhere” but as a former museums professional “Tourists who think we’re the British Museum” really speaks to me on a personal level.
I’m “all ten people who think they’ve got the most niche interest in the whole building”
one day I will write my irondad soulmate fic. one day. then u will see. then u will all be sorry
omg so if peter was born in 2002 he’d be 6 when afghanistan happened which is about the time children begin to be capable of writing multi-word sentences and my point is several days into his kidnapping tony looks down and sees a poorly written “hello I loev yu” in what’s Clearly a child’s handwriting and he’s like yeah. I’m breaking the Fuck out of here