ugh how the fuck do you cover letter
Greetings, Exalted One. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight and friend to Captain Solo.
I know that you are powerful, mighty Jabba, and that your anger with Solo must be equally powerful. I seek an audience with Your Greatness to bargain for Solo’s life.
With your wisdom, I’m sure that we can work out an arrangement which will be mutually beneficial and enable us to avoid any unpleasant confrontation.
As a token of my goodwill, I present to you a gift: these two droids. Both are hardworking and will serve you well.
- Polite greeting (Greetings, Exalted One)
- Self-Introduction (I am Luke Skywalker)
- Establish Credentials (Jedi Knight)
- Explain how you learned of this opportunity (Friend to Captain Solo)
- Establish Purpose (I seek an audience with Your Greatness to bargain for Solo’s life.)
- Show what you can bring to the organization ( I present to you a gift: these two droids. Both are hardworking and will serve you well.)
This actually maps really well.
Hey. If you can’t manage hope–that’s okay, I get that–hold onto surprise.
Hold onto the fact that, even in this utter hell year, things keep happening that you could not have predicted. (Like, we joke about the bingo cards, but literally no one had murder hornets on their bingo card.) Even when the surprises are terrible, hold on to that feeling of startlement, that jolt where the world becomes something other than you expected.
That jolt is you realizing that you do not know what the hell is going to happen. Not tomorrow, not in a month, not in a year. That jolt is what reminds you that things can change.
Because right now–when it’s, so, so easy to give in to despair; when it’s so easy to give up because we know how this will play out, we know there’s no fixing any of this–it’s more important than ever to remember that actually? We don’t know shit. Anything could happen. Even change. Even success. Even happiness.
Hope would be nice. I’d like to experience it again some day. But in its absence, radical uncertainty will keep you going a long time.
every so often i ask for the most fucked-up fic recs you can come up with, and it has been many moons and it is again that time. tony/anyone, steve/tony, most witcher ships. please?
- this one’s happy but Thought Experiment by dirigibleplumbing
- anything by Diomedes on Ao3?
- Satin in a Coffin by invasionradio
- Shock Value by Purrgatorio (Nekositting)
- always devastating Superior Iron Man/Old, De-Serumed Cap by wynnesome
- pretty sure isozyme wrote another heartbreaking one just like above, only genderbent
- Very Good Bad Thing also by isozyme – happy ending but hey! bad BDSM etiquette and some Whitney/Tony
- old Civil War goodie by beckydawolf
- Transit and Exit by @viudanegraaa
Can’t find my Witcher recs, sorry.
what’s the funniest reaction you’ve had to coming out to family/friends?
i’m screaming at theperson in the notes whose friend accidentally called them queen and then corrected to “monarch”
here’s a compilation of my favorite responses:
tag yourself i’m “hide the pans”
HS cooking class and we had a sub teaching us to fry eggs. Her first instruction? “Alright children, grab a pan”
And my buddy fucking picks me up and goes “alright, next step” and I have never achieves such flawless pan jokery again