IF YOU’RE SHORT ON CASH, HERE’S ANOTHER WAY TO DONATE TO BLM WHILE BROWSING THE INTERNET:
There’s an extension called Tab for a Cause that donates money to charity every time you open a new tab (on Chrome or Firefox).
- Basically, it puts two or three small ads on your new tab page and then donates the ad revenue to charity.
- You’ll get Hearts every time you open up a page, which act as “votes” that you can donate to various charities to tell Tab for a Cause where you want your money to go.
- There are a few charities that are always available for donations, but Tab for a Cause also “spotlights” a new charity every month – and starting today (June 2), in support of the BLM movement, the spotlighted charity is the NAACP Legal Defense Fund.
- Also, did I mention it’s incredibly gorgeous and functional, too? You can customize your new tab background, take notes, create to-do lists and more (I’ve been using this extension for several years and I still have yet to get sick of it)!!
- For those concerned about possible scams, this extension is super transparent. All of its code is open-source (x) (x) (x), and you can see all its quarterly financial reports right here.
Seriously, this is so so so easy – I usually hate posts that are all “there’s no reason not to do this!” but right now, I genuinely cannot think of even a single reason not to do this.
That said, if there is somehow something standing in your way, you can still help by boosting this post like crazy – I’m not a big blog, so every share counts. Otherwise, please take 30 seconds and install Tab for a Cause by clicking this link or typing tab.gladly.io into your search bar.
(By the way, that if you use the specific link in this post, it’ll register as a referral for me, which will give me 250 bonus hearts to donate to NAACP… just saying.)