Mo/Molly | 19 | she/they |
you get to deal with whatever I'm into this week
(I would say it is often animes at the minute but realistically it could be anything. What's the most recent post when you stop by? let me know) | Asks and messages welcome | Ao3: madcatm
We looked inside some of the posts by mango-of-the-sea and here's what we found interesting.
1. What is you middle name?
2. How old are you?
3. When is your birthday?
4. What is your zodiac sign?
5. What is your favorite color?
6. What’s your lucky number?
7. Do you have any pets?
8. Where are you from?
9. How tall are you?
10. What shoe size are you?
11. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
12. What was your last dream about?
13. What talents do you have?
14. Are you psychic in any way?
15. Favorite song?
16. Favorite movie?
17. Who would be your ideal partner?
18. Do you want children?
19. Do you want a church wedding?
20. Are you religious?
21. Have you ever been to the hospital?
22. Have you ever got in trouble with the law?
23. Have you ever met any celebrities?
24. Baths or showers?
25. What color socks are you wearing?
26. Have you ever been famous?
27. Would you like to be a big celebrity?
28. What type of music do you like?
29. Have you ever been skinny dipping?
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
31. What position do you usually sleep in?
32. How big is your house?
33. What do you typically have for breakfast?
34. Have you ever fired a gun?
35. Have you ever tried archery?
36. Favorite clean word?
37. Favorite swear word?
38. What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without sleep?
39. Do you have any scars?
40. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
41. Are you a good liar?
42. Are you a good judge of character?
43. Can you do any other accents other than your own?
44. Do you have a strong accent?
45. What is your favorite accent?
46. What is your personality type?
47. What is your most expensive piece of clothing?
48. Can you curl your tongue?
49. Are you an innie or an outie?
50. Left or right handed?
51. Are you scared of spiders?
52. Favorite food?
53. Favorite foreign food?
54. Are you a clean or messy person?
55. Most used phrased?
56. Most used word?
57. How long does it take for you to get ready?
58. Do you have much of an ego?
59. Do you suck or bite lollipops?
60. Do you talk to yourself?
61. Do you sing to yourself?
62. Are you a good singer?
63. Biggest Fear?
64. Are you a gossip?
65. Best dramatic movie you’ve seen?
66. Do you like long or short hair?
67. Can you name all 50 states of America?
68. Favorite school subject?
69. Extrovert or Introvert?
70. Have you ever been scuba diving?
71. What makes you nervous?
72. Are you scared of the dark?
73. Do you correct people when they make mistakes?
74. Are you ticklish?
75. Have you ever started a rumor?
76. Have you ever been in a position of authority?
77. Have you ever drank underage?
78. Have you ever done drugs?
79. Who was your first real crush?
80. How many piercings do you have?
81. Can you roll your Rs?“
82. How fast can you type?
83. How fast can you run?
84. What color is your hair?
85. What color is your eyes?
86. What are you allergic to?
87. Do you keep a journal?
88. What do your parents do?
89. Do you like your age?
90. What makes you angry?
91. Do you like your own name?
92. Have you already thought of baby names, and if so what are they?
93. Do you want a boy a girl for a child?
94. What are you strengths?
95. What are your weaknesses?
96. How did you get your name?
97. Were your ancestors royalty?
98. Do you have any scars?
99. Color of your bedspread?
100. Color of your room?
okay one trope in fic i enjoy but have issues with recently is prison aus, cos like if I am reading a prison au, i am here for the angst and violence, like i want people to be scheming and punching each other in the face while trapped somewhere they can't leave (and now i type this out i am wondering why oh why i am into this trope now of all times hmmmmm) but I have noticed a trend in these fics, at least long ones, where the main perspective person is in for some not too dramatic a crime and their love interest is scary and top dog and all of that and then oh it turns out the reason they're in there is they made a mistake or killed/hurt someone in an accidental way and oh they're actually such a sweet person who doesn't deserve to be there.
And there is a time and place for that story but lately i've been like, NO, give me a love couple of hardened criminals, or the crime turned out to be aggravated assault or something if you want to make it less intense, i'm not here for 'oh they can be redeemed, they're too good for this place and have been screwed over by the system', as i said, there is a time and place for that and is a story a lot of people like and connect with - especially as, y'know, that's the reason why most people are in prison in reality - but in fic sometimes i get annoyed when they writer backs down from making their fave a bad person in an au sometimes.
Sometimes i want my faves to get to be feral horrible people that still have good in them for those around them/that they care about, why do they have to be redeemable all the time, or you could let them be redeemable now but they were a bitch when they committed the crime. why do they have to be 'always a good person' i want them to have stabbed someone and meant it but they regret it now, maybe the people they've met while in prison that ARE good people screwed over by the system have made them want to be better, maybe their love interest makes them want to be better, maybe they're still aggressive af but don't want to be someone who kills/hurts people, or maybe they do want to hurt people! Maybe they don't have to be redeemed in the eyes of the grater society but are redeemed by how they treat a couple people. Or maybe they're not redeemable in that traditional sense or at all!
You can let yourself examine the worst elements of your favourite characters and bring out the bad sometimes! Let them have depth as the worst/worst adjacent version of themselves! Let them have motivations that were just dumb, not sad or happy or heartbreaking, just dumb! Let your characters be people, be characters with depth, be redeemable, without needing an entire tragic backstory just some of the time please!
And that last bit can go for original characters as well as fic. I love complicated characters and a character can be bad and complicated and great without needing to have an emo sadboi history that thus makes them oh so redeemable if they only had the chance
look at this picture of suki and tell me she wasn’t meant to be a pirate. tell me it doesn’t already look like she’s hanging onto the rigging of a ship, hanging out over the water. tell me that she would not be the baddest bitch out there, pillaging and plundering her little heart out.