(in case you wanted to know because i fucking love this language)
- ad astra per aspera - to the stars through difficulties
- alis volat propriis - he flies by his own wings
- amantium irae amoris integratio est - the quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love
- ars longa, vita brevis - art is long, life is short
- aut insanity homo, aut versus facit - the fellow is either mad or he is composing verses
- dum spiro spero - while I breathe, I hope
- ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem - with the sword, she seeks peace under liberty
- exigo a me non ut optimus par sim sed ut malis melior - I require myself not to be equal to the best, but to be better than the bad
- experiential docet - experience teaches
- helluo librorum - a glutton for books (bookworm)
- in libras libertas - in books, freedom
- littera scripta manet - the written letter lasts
- mens regnum bona possidet - an honest heart is a kingdom in itself
- mirabile dictu - wonderful to say
- nullus est liber tam malus ut non aliqua parte prosit - there is no book so bad that it is not profitable in some part
- omnia iam fient quae posse negabam - everything which I used to say could not happen, will happen now
- poeta nascitur, non fit - the poet is born, not made
- qui dedit benificium taceat; narrat qui accepit - let him who has done a good deed be silent; let him who has received it tell it
- saepe ne utile quidem est scire quid futurum sit - often, it is not advantageous to know what will be
- sedit qui timuit ne non succederet - he who feared he would not succeed sat still
- si vis pacem, para bellum - if you want peace, prepare for war
- struit insidias lacrimis cum feminia plorat - when a woman weeps, she is setting traps with her tears
- sub rosa - under the rose
- trahimir omnes laudis studio - we are led on by our eagerness for praise
- urbem latericium invenit, marmoream reliquit - he found the city a city of bricks; he left it a city of marble
- ut incepit fidelis sic permanet - as loyal as she began, so she remains
// 30.11.20 //
ah yes, another weekend has come and gone and i still hate school :)
i worked a lot this weekend so i didn’t have much time to do homework. i’ve been trying to go to bed earlier lately and get into the habit of drinking more water and tea rather than coffee and i am SAD. i miss it alright, let me be deprived in peace.
december is tomorrow so my family and i put up all our decorations and our christmas tree so at this point i’m just waiting for the christmas break. my course load has been like i’m drinking from a firehouse and it’s a lot to take in but i’m keeping up to the best thing f my ability
// 27.11.20 //
hi everyone!!!!! long time no see :) i know i haven’t been active on thing blog for a while since i finished up my exams, but i’ve started my new semester! i’m taking AP world religions and AO grade 12 literature. i originally went into the semester thinking literature would be easy despite the fact that it’s a grade above mine, but the work load is heavier than expected. overall, i am enjoying both my classes and teachers!
it’s started snowing here and we have our christmas decorations up! winter is one of my favourite seasons since i positively adore christmas and everything about it. we don’t really visit any of my family so the fact that my city is likely going back into quarantine doesn’t affect our holidays which is nice. i hope you’re all safe and healthy!! love you guys <<33
♔photos are mine♔
hey folks! as september rolls around and everyone gets back to school, the studyblr community is getting a bit more crowded! I thought to help everyone (myself included) get back into the swing of school (and therefore having things to post!) I’d create a little challenge. Each day, post a picture (or text post) following that day’s prompt, and be sure to tag them #universi-tea challenge so I can see!
- Goals for the semester
- What are you excited about?
- What’s in your bag?
- Study essentials
- Favorite study snack
- Your handwriting
- Daily routine
- Good morning!
- Good night!
- Favorite subject
- Least favorite subject
- Something you’re proud of
- How you study best
- Supplies + reviews
- Shelfie/pic of your books
- Your favorite part of your school
- What’s in your pencil case?
- Show off your favorite back to school outfit!
- Coffee or tea?
- Your study style
- Favorite way to take a study break
- Study playlist
- What motivates you?
- Favorite quote?
- Favorite study spot
- Your to do list
- The best thing about school
- Your top 3 tips for school
I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with! Don’t forget to reblog and tag #universi-tea challenge!
if you’re into dark academia or studyblr or just enjoy new knowledge, especially that related to the history of math and physics, i HIGHLY recommend watching Tibees on youtube. she’s an amazing youtuber, with a very soothing voice and has such insightful videos.
// 24.11.20 //
well hello there! it has been a while friends :) i’ve been busy with school and work so i do apologize for my absence.
i’ve started my new semester and it’s pretty light! i am taking AP world religions and AP english, although i’m taking the grade 12 course (the grade above mine) since i did a reach ahead course over the summer! my teachers are both very nice and they’re very helpful so i’m hopeful for this semester. i’m still doing online but i’m very excited for christmas coming up!!!
♔photos are mine♔