Listen. I want to tell you guys about the Dollar Tree. If you ever need to rebuild your life fast, you want a dollar tree. Everything in a dollar tree costs one dollar. No exceptions. Nothing has a price tag. Everything is one dollar.
This is Dollar Tree not Dollar General.
Dollar Tree looks like this:
Their stuff is off-brand but decent quality.
Here are some things you can buy at the dollar tree for one dollar:
- any kind of makeup- foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick, lip gloss, mascara, etc
- Sports bras (sometimes)
- combs, brushes, hairclips, scrunchies, hair ties, headbands
- clothes hangers, laundry bags, mothballs
- any kind of office supplies or school supplies. Staplers, pencils, posterboard, pencils, pens, etc.
- party supplies including paper plates and balloons
- all kinds of toiletries- shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, washcloths, deodorant, razors, shaving cream, nailclippers, etc. Decent sizes, too.
- ceramic/glass plates, bowls, cups
- reading glasses, sunglasses
- plastic buckets
- cleaning supplies, detergent, bleach, laundry syrup, fabric softener, dish soap, sponges. brooms
- electronics, headphones, night lights, phone chargers, batteries, screen cleaners, phone cases
Basically? If you ever get kicked out of your house or find yourself with a couple bucks and nothing else, get thee to a dollar tree.
All the dollar tree stores I have been in have some sort of medical aisle too. Its actually where I went first when my tooth broke for some off brand orajel (Works much faster and better than orajel imo, longer too if you put it on a cotton ball and keep it in the area) And sometimes even emergency temp tooth repair kits, which are at least $7 elsewhere.
Dollar tree is a miracle.
I love Dollar Tree. When I first moved out this place saved me.
Every 20-something individual needs a Dollar Tree nearby.
Dollar Tree also sells PREGNANCY TESTS and yes they work! Go in and buy like 5 of them, don’t spend $25 on three at CVS, not worth your money and honestly has saved me TONS of anxiety.
Dollar Tree also takes EBT. I nearly cried when I discovered that, because of my strict dietary needs.
Dollar Tree is good for greeting cards, as well. Don’t have a lot of money?
They have a 50¢ section and a $1 section!
They literally have EVERY candy you’d get at a theater too, and way more. Their snack row is to DIE FOR.
Also–college kids! When my roommate stole all of my forks and bowls and then moved out unannounced in the middle of my freshman year, I went straight to Dollar Tree and got 2 packs of forks (each pack is 4 forks) for $1 each and some cute bowls that are still my favorite bowls in the house. Not only is their silverware sturdy, but their plates and bowls are really cute.
A few dollar tree stores near me have even added a cold foods section! So check your local Dollar Tree for a $1 bag of frozen chicken nuggets and get yourself a meal!
The Dollar Tree actually has quite a few name brand products now too!
Their website also has a lot more items than you may find in your local store (still only $1!). Online ordering is temporarily suspended due to coronavirus, but definitely check back once this is all over. Some of their physical stores even carry yarn and fiber art supplies, which you can also (normally) buy by the case online.