mon cher (singer)
J’ai oublié de poster ceci la semaine dernière, alors le voici! J’ai achetée mes bonbons préférés hier alors je suis très heureux :-)!
here are a few study tips on how to learn a new language 💻☺️:
1. start speaking as soon as possible. even when you haven’t learned too many words yet, the most important part of studying a language is not being afraid of using it. so download apps like hellotalk to get in touch with natives! of course, it’s even easier if you already have friends or family members speaking your target language.
2. study the most frequent words! there are tons of free so-called “frequency lists” online that prevent you from studying vocabulary you don’t need in the long run. with only 500 of the right words you could already have basic conversations!
3. get a lot of native exposure - through podcasts, videos and movies. there are so many recommendations on the internet, no matter what language you’re learning. the earlier you start immersing yourself in native material, even if it’s children’s books, the faster you’ll find yourself having fluent conversations!!
4. keep a weekly or daily diary to practice writing in your target language. even if it’s only composed of basic sentences, it’s the best way to use the vocabulary you’ve learned!
qotd: what language would you like to study next? i really look forward to studying Italian once I have a little bit more time!! 💕
little ways to change your life:
- learn how to write a new style of handwriting. try wearing your hair or makeup differently. find a new perfume you like.
- do things for yourself, not for the validation of others. resist the temptation to post everything online.
- start doing something you usually can’t be bothered to do. like making your bed, folding everything neatly, stretching every hour, going on jogs, making a healthy meal from scratch or sleeping earlier.
- make your surroundings as cozy and as pleasing for you to look at as possible.
- bake delicious but sometimes deformed pastries. write things that no one “gets”. wear clothes and hairstyles that make u happy. crotchet a sock badly. draw a picture that won’t be aesthetic on instagram. let go of the perfect image of who you need to be. do things for yourself.
- be messy. self-expression isn’t always pretty. scribble messily in a notebook. draw messily an idea for a character. write a messy draft for a story.
- learn your thing from scratch, whether it’s astronomy, greek mythology, flower species, piano, japanese, making jam, drawing comics, or something completely different.
- let yourself fully enjoy everyday things like food, commute, and your morning routines. slow down and notice every single thing that makes you feel nice.
- appreciate nature, like the sunlight streaming through in the morning, the sound of rain, and the colors of sunsets.
- notice the deeper meanings and emotions in songs, poetry and paintings.
- let people in. give new loves and friendships a chance. initiate conversations when you want.
- read as much as you can. read different genres, popular and unpopular books, classics and new releases. give every book that catches your eye a chance.
- enjoy your solitude like you’re a character in a movie. if you can, go out for walks alone. visit the park to look at dogs, a café to people-watch, or a library to spend the afternoon buried in a book. bring a journal everywhere with you, and write poetry and quotes and doodles.
- collect little things, like vinyls, pretty rocks and shells, stuffed animals, whatever makes you happy.
- find a sport you like. pretend you’re a superhero. dance like no one’s watching. swim like you’re a mermaid. exercise is supposed to be fun, so find one that you like.
- make self care a priority. this includes taking your meds on time, starting to study for a test after procrastinating for weeks, deleting things that trigger negative emotions, and knowing when to let go and ask for help.
- distance yourself from sources of negativity. learn to be ok on your own. know your worth and boundaries.
- let go of the past. forgive yourself for the things you regret and start again.
- let go of old relationships. there’s a difference between missing someone and wanting them back in your life.
- let go of your need to be perfect. it does more harm than good.
- never compare yourself. it will always feel like a losing battle, no matter how amazing you really are.
- keep in touch with people you don’t speak to much. even a message can brighten someone’s day.
- be kind to everyone you meet, even strangers. if someone makes you happy, make them happier. compliment often, and be less judgemental. give someone a smile, you never know how much it means to them.
- wake up earlier in the morning. wake up with the sun and fall asleep with the moon.
- if you want to be calmer and more productive, remove things on your phone and social media apps that you don’t need. (which is most of them).
- make a list of qualities in the person you dream of becoming. write about your ideal life with what you have. make goals to be the happiest and healthiest version of yourself.
- don’t suppress your emotions, but don’t overthink them either. have a kinder relationship with your body and your thoughts.
- don’t be afraid to ask for help, whether it’s a teacher, therapist, friend, doctor or parent.
- remember that healing and loving yourself is just starting over and over. it’s not too late. you’re still young and you can move and grow at your own pace. your peak is yet to come.
jasmine; what mythical creature do you wish actually existed?
lavender; soundcloud or vinyls?
primrose; what book does everyone right now need to read?
lunar mist; do you like wearing other people’s shirts/jackets?
bird of paradise; what was the best thing that happened to you this month?
gardenia; what’s a promise you’ve recently made to yourself?
lion’s fairytale; would you rather be the sky, the ocean or the forests?
whirling butterflies; would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
marmalade skies; do you plan your outfits?
apricot drift; how do you feel right now?
everlasting daisy; what’s the last dream you remember having?
queen’s cup; what are you craving right now?
lavender dream; turn ons/offs?
water lilly; when was the last time you cried? why?
lily of the valley; did the one person who hurt you most in your life apologize?
winterberry; do you bite or lick your ice cream?
honey perfume; favorite movie ever?
desert rose; do you like yourself?
snapdragon; have you ever met or seen in person a celebrity?
night owl; how many countries have you visited?
heliotrope; have you ever been in a castle?
creams and sky; what’s the craziest/bravest thing you’ve done?
lantana; what’s on your mind right now?
pumpkin patch; what’s your zodiac sign?
tulip; name 5 facts about yourself.
daphne; do you believe in karma?
queen of the meadow; ever been in love?
wisteria; whom do you admire and why?
angel’s face; what was your favorite bedtime story as a child?
remember me; did you make someone laugh today?
iris; do you believe in ghosts?
lilac; if you could go back in time which time period would you visit?
caramel kisses; would you want to live forever? why/why not?
primula; what makes you sad?
rain lily; was today typical? why/why not?
queen anne’s lace; who do you trust the most?
lady’s slipper; what did you have for breakfast today?
forget me not; do you have any regrets looking back in your life?
lunaria; what’s your favorite fictional universe?
violet; favorite tv show?
sunflower; share a favorite quote.
snowdrop; what does your ideal day look like?
tiger lily; do you have any hobbies?
peony; share a small random book passage that means something to you.
tea rose; what’s something you always wanted to do but were too scared?
honeysuckle; do you usually date people your age or older/younger?
sweet pea; who means the world to you? why?
love in the mist; best books you’ve ever read?
foxglove; who is your favorite cartoon character?
magnolia; coffee or tea?
crown imperial; would you rather be extremely rich or extremely loved?
snowflake; are you a dog or a cat person?
bell flower; what is your biggest addiction?
cosmos; do you ever think about the galaxy?
moonflower; what’s your favorite color?
freesia; do you have a good relationship with your parents and siblings? why/why not?
sundrop; are you a morning or a night person?
poppy; have you ever dealt with a mental illness?
clover; how would your friends describe you?
dandelion; do you consider yourself and extrovert or an introvert?
lilly; what’s something you love watching/reading but you are too embarrassed to admit you do?
anemone; describe yourself in 3 words.
lotus; best memory as a child?
angelonia; what is your eye and hair color?
dahlia; do you like crystals?
buttercup; if you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
baby’s breath; what’s your hogwarts house?
calendula; biggest pet peeve?
blanker flower; would you rather go to a cocktail party with your best friends or stay home and read a book/watch a movie with your pet?
blazing star; share a secret.
carnation; would you rather live longer or happier?
petunia; who’s story is your biggest inspiration in life? why?
bluebell; do you wear glasses?
nymphea; forest or river?
orchid; do you like exercise?
pansy; do you like poetry?
morning glory; any special talent that you have?
- congrats ! past papers are your new best friend. don’t forget the mark schemes.
- repetition repetition repetition
- start big and condense down. notes to mind maps to flashcards.
- don’t spend a full day studying. please. you will hurt your brain.
- teach someone! if there’s nobody to listen to you teach, teach your teddy bears god dammit
- plan what you’re gonna do with your time. even just roughly.
- organise your shit, bruh. you don’t need fancy planners and wall posters, just know what you need to study and know what homework is due
- flash cards are great but only if you keep reviewing them
- mind maps are great for linking concepts !!!
- make sure you’re looking after yourself bc you’ll never work well otherwise
- on that note, here’s a bunch of foods that boost your brain power
- extra reading !! books and articles and videos on your subject can massively help you in exams okay
- practise recall, not recognition
- just put your phone away. or turn it off. whatever works.
- colour coding is great, so long as you don’t go overboard
- don’t ! listen ! to! music ! with ! lyrics !!!!!!!!
my weirdest study tip
if you’re a tea drinker like me, you’ve definitely gotten through a cup and not wanted to get up from your studies to make yourself another(breaks are good, but only sometimes.
do you have a thermal water bottle? Swell bottles and their knockoffs are perfect for this. yes? okay. when you make your tea, heat enough water to fill that as well. fill the water bottle, cap it, and take it to your desk with you. brew and enjoy your tea, and then just pour more still-hot water into your mug(most bags/servings of tea can actually make two or three cups without any flavor loss).
boom, a second(and third) cup of steaming hot tea without getting up from your desk :)