1. Spirited away + Howl’s moving castle . I absolutely love Hayao’s work. Beautiful stories and scenery. They help me calm down and relax when the world is passing by.
2. Never Back Down. Not sure why I have such an attachment to such a bad movie. Lol. The acting is cringeworthy and so is the plot but I love the message. Simply put. Whenever I want to give up I give it a watch.
3. Friday the 13th 😅. Not exactly comfort but it relaxes me. Lol.
4. Nightmare on elm street. Following the same vibe as before.
6. Shark tale. A damn gem from the childhood.
5. Ice age!!!!! All of them. They’re so fun and lighthearted and magically make me feel cooler just watching them. Lol when heat is upon you in a tropical country you try anything to cool off.
7. I know Black mirror is a series but each episode could be a damn movie. The depth it offers to look at society and how people think is beautifully done, except last season. 😂
Suggestions on how to decorate a tiny bedroom without looking cluttered? I’m thinking of get a few tiny plants. Maybe some thyme and…a 🌵(since I can hear the haunting heaviness of my friend’s suggestion) 🤣.
I got some plant stickers to put around my work area
2. If you’re staying home, who’s there with you? My partner.
3. Do you have pets to keep you company? Hm, no but do plants count? And ladybugs and bees who occasionally visit our place?!
4. Who do you miss the most? My family!!!
5. When was the last time you left your home? Yesterday evening when we went grocery shopping.
6. What was the last thing you bought? Hm, I think boxershorts (tmi) and slippers for my boyfriend! Oh and I sent my father flowers because it is his birthday todayyyy !
7. Is quarantine driving you insane or are you finally relaxed? Actually, I am a hardcore homebody (at the moment) and kind of an introvert (really need to do a personality quiz…) so staying home is fine. And I really enjoy working from home
8. Are you a homebody? Yes, yes, yes!
9. What movies have you watched recently? The last movie was “Inside Out“ -so cute!! And before that Hobbit! <3
10. An event that you were looking forward to that got cancelled? There was a concert in May and one in March and a conference in Glasgow :( Really wanted to finally visit Glasgow and in general Scotland… *sigh*
11. What’s the worst thing that you’ve had to cancel? Hmm, I think just the fact that we had to postpone experiments and I am not able to visit my parents. But really nothing dramatic, luckily.
12. What’s the best thing you’ve had to cancel? Well, I guess not going to work and interacting so much with my colleagues and supervisor xD haha
13. Do you have any new hobbies? Not really, I have a lot of hobbies that require time that I don’t have, haha#Phdlife (but let’s be honest, I should make time)
14. What are you out of? Movement and sleep schedule.
15. What music are you listening to? Everything from A to Z. And I grew up with 90′s Hip Hop and RnB/soul :D. Yeah, really everything from A to Z.
16. What shows are you watching? Nothing really, just Friends and Simpsons on TV.
17. What are you reading? Currently: Nick Hornby “How to be good“
18. What are you doing of self-care? skincare, stretching.
19. Are you exercising? Yes and no. Haha. Need to up my game.
20. How’s your toilet paper supply? Good good, thanks :D
Thanks for tagging me @students-diamonds. This counts as one of my social connections for the week :) Was really feeling out of it
1. Are you staying home from work/school? Yes.
2. If you’re staying home, who’s there with you? The ghost in the washroom
3. Do you have pets to keep you company? All the dogs outside belong to me. I’m just letting the neighbours borrow them. I enjoy watching them from my windows
4. Who do you miss the most? My family
5. When was the last time you left your home? Monday to look for a new apartment
6. What was the last thing you bought? Groceries! Still waiting for them to be delivered
7. Is quarantine driving you insane or are you finally relaxed? Honestly I haven’t felt this good since being here in terms of being by myself. I really hate zoom meetings though and I’m getting more work to do at home so that’s kinda driving me insane.
8. Are you a homebody? Helllllll yeah!
9. What movies have you watched recently? So hard to keep track these days/ Oceans 8, Madea’s Family Reunion and Boo 2
10. An event that you were looking forward to that got cancelled? My sister and I finally made the step to get tickets to a BTS concert in May and now everything is up in the air. Still waiting for my refund. Looking at you BigHit!!!!! I really am disappointed though, I wanted to see the boys, especially ____.
11. What’s the worst thing that you’ve had to cancel? Aside from the devastating trip to that concert? I wanted to finally start some lab work for my project. I’m hoping this doesn’t set me back too much cuz I plan to finish my PhD in the next 3 years. Oh and my part time job. Needed that extra moolah.
12. What’s the best thing you’ve had to cancel? Oh boy! Interacting with people when I have to go to work. All the dirty smelly people on public transportation
13. Do you have any new hobbies? Nah, I’ve just been putting in more time in the ones I already had. I’m trying to exercise more though since I’m not moving around.
14. What are you out of? SLEEP! Insomnia has taken me over for the last few days.
15. What music are you listening to? J-Pop, K-Pop, 90s R n B. Maybe some Western pop music too
16. What shows are you watching? I’ve been watching Naruto Shippuden (heaven help me). Obsession: Dark Desires, Forensic Files and Meteor Garden
17. What are you reading? Haha, read you say? Journal articles
18. What are you doing of self-care? exercising, drinking more water, taking a few breaks from media
19. Are you exercising? Glad you finally asked! lol Super proud to say I’ve done so for 17/21 days so far.
20. How’s your toilet paper supply?Let’s just say I might have to be showering 6 times a day soon.
21. Have you made any changes to your hair during quarantine? The highlight of self isolation! I braided my hair with blue wool and it looks amazing.
Don’t have anyone to tag but this was fun! Got me out of my head
So…just to update/keep myself accountable. I posted early this year that I’d lose weight this year.
It was a bold fucking statement but I decided to post anyways.
I’ve been trying to do so for about 5years. My highest weight last year was 168lbs and thankfully I am now down to 158lbs. I can’t even believe I’ve managed to lose 10 lbs even with inconsistent exercise.
I actually dropped to 156 lbs last month but slipped up with this isolation eating. On thé plus side I’ve been exercising more consistently so that’s great.
Proud of every little step. I have 13lbs more for my target weight of 145lbs. Giving myself til December to get there. Imma be a goddamn snack if I do say so myself. Already started loving the body I see.