After having a stern talking to with this chapter I have convinced it that it is my bitch and I will be spitting in its mouth tomorrow when I finish and upload it (:
Turns out 25 is the end of kyp and all of the characters die of a terrible pandemic. The end.
Finally, my prints are available for sale! Hurray! As of Nov 28, 2020, the selections available are:
All prints are (6”x8”), $15 USD +Shipping at this time. Please DM my main account @worm800 for orders.
Thank you to all who have supported me and my art page!
I would like to ram my head into a wall. This chapter will be the death of me. Someone else can have this story lmao I don’t want it.
Darling, what are ur top 5 writing/editing tips? I'm a newbie and I have like 3 finished one shots but I never feel brave enough to post them :(
you would think I would know what I am talking about by this point but my writing process is very much nothing more than hoping something good comes out
Of course I can only speak from what I do and any kind of creative outlet varies from person to person. With that said…
- I go into writing with high points I want to hit, so I divide the chapter/plot into 3-5 sections and start from there.
- Although this pains me to say - sometimes the big fancy schmancy words are not what is needed. Think of the vibe you are trying to create and choose your words with that in mind.
- When editing, check your tenses. I still mess up my tenses (past, present, future) and have to think of alternative routes of phrasing. Parallel structure is no friend of mine.
- Just a personal tidbit - The most frequent mistake I see pop up in my writing is switching between “you” and “your” simply because I was typing too fast to notice. A quick scan should catch most of them.
- Remember that you are writing for yourself. It is your story. It is what you want it to be. Try not to get mixed up into trying to please other people.
I think the only way to get over that fear of posting is to post them. You may feel unsteady at first, but what is the worst that can happen? The best thing you can do is share your art with the world (:
Blasting my kyp playlist bc I want to get this chapter out before the close of the month