Full image of Bruno I made a while back!
Bruno + tweets (1/?)
Image descriptions under the cut
1. Bruno doing finger quotes, smiling and looking up. internetanja’s tweet reads “my whole vibes is that i am just kidding”
2. Bruno carrying a rat, smiling at it. strawberrybebbes’s tweet reads “yes i’m a dilf (disgusting insane little freak)
3. Jorge standing next to Mirabel, doing a thumbs up to a man on a ladder. jzux's tweet says (me, still acting really weird) sorry i acted so weird the other day
4. Bruno staring at Mirabel in front of him during their first meeting. another tweet from jzux reads "well well well, if it isn't the bridge i said i'd cross when i came to it
5. Close up of Bruno’s face, looking tired. coltondoe’s tweet says “”you look sad today” bro im sad everyday i just didn’t have the energy to hide it today
6. Bruno having a vision, pointing at something off-screen. acorny_belle's tweet reads "things may suck now. but at least it's not as bad as it will be soon"
7. Bruno is hiding among potted plants, behind a railing on Casita’s mezzanine. He is peeking over the railing and looking to the side. misterpostsman’s tweet reads “That one guy who’s meek as fuck but lowkey inheriting the earth”
8. Bruno standing in front of his sisters, hands spread, from the scene in the movie where he says “I’ll go fist. briantheruler’s tweet reads “how everyone doing. i’ll go first i’m doing bad”
9. Bruno in front of his door, holding a rat on his palm, gesturing to it with the other while looking at the viewer. IwriteOK’s tweet says “why yes i would like to adopt a tiny, semi-feral animal with a lifespan just a fraction of my own and then make its continued survival the lynchpin of my mental health”
10. Jorge with a bucket on his head, holding a knife spatula. a reddit post by 12jonboy12 reads "can i advertise my house as being "made with real cheese" if i mixed a tablespoon of parmesan into over the cement for the foundation? or does it have to be a certain percentage before i can say that"
Camilo: Whenever Mariano asks me for the Latin names of Isabela's plants, I just give him the names of rappers.
Mariano: These Ludacrises are coming in great.
small encanto detail i love - when abuela first sings in the family madrigal, she's using the dos oruguitas melody, showing how she's still stuck in the past and embedded in her trauma
but when she next sings in all of you, she's moved on to a different melody, because she's grown and isn’t stuck in the past any more
Yes yes everyone’s talking (or not) about Bruno and other plot twists in Encanto, but I want to explore the REALLY GROUNDBREAKING points of Encanto that you never expected in a modern Disney movie:
Heroine has two LOVING, ALIVE parents who are STILL MARRIED.
Both main married couples on-screen have been faithfully married (and NOT died) for at least 20 years.
The husbands are both LOVING and AFFECTIONATE to their kids and wives. (Yes I WILL go on about healthy marriages and families portrayed in media and you CANT STOP ME)
The main character’s dad is kinda goofy but still shown to be wise and capable when it matters.
A boy got the requisite animal companion(s) instead of the main girl.
The main girl has NO potential love interests ANYWHERE.
EVIL IS NOT LIME, I REPEAT, EVIL IS NOT LIME!!!!
Luisa: What do you call two witches sharing an apartment?
Isabela: [simultaneously] Lesbians!
Haven’t seen anyone discuss the potential of Bruno becoming the town cryptid after the events of the movie even though it’s right there. Like, this guy no one dares to talk about just fucking appears one day after ghosting everyone for ten years. His social skills are somehow worse than the last time you saw him and that’s saying something. He’s really into rats now for no discernible reason. You ask his family where the hell he’s been for the past decade and they look you dead in the eye and say “oh, he was living in our walls :)”
i would kill for a show about their childhood
So glad these newer Disney movies are refuting the old "lime green things are evil" stereotype.