before and after; my new house 🌱
we’re getting there
my bf brought home fresh french bread from his job and my mom bought me these pretty flowers 🌸☘️
In A World of My Own. By me.
Acorn Magic 🌳🐿🍃
- Place acorns on your altar space to promote wisdom and invite prosperity, luck, and good fortune.
- Between Midsummer and throughout Autumn, wear a dried acorn around your neck as a pendant to bring good luck and protection.
- If you gather acorns under a full moon it is said they’ll attract fairies, which will bring blessings to your home and garden.
- Place acorns in your windowsill during Midsummer to help ward off lightning.
- Acorns are a major symbol during Mabon and Midsummer, as well as oak trees.
- A bonfire made of oak on the night of Midsummer’s Eve is said to please the Green Man, and the ashes can then be spread in your garden to ensure a good harvest and bless your crops.
- Pour wax into the caps of the acorns and stick in a little wick to make floating acorn cap candles.
All of it
Smoking a Lot lately. I almost for got about this blog 😆 and preparing my garden for this year.
I take two photos of most things. One with flash and one without. With flash is usually sharper and you catch cool details like all those spider webs on those rose buds but the flash tends to burn out colors:
Same rose without flash. The image isn’t as crisp but the colors are better. One of these days I’ll break down and buy a new camera:
This Knockout rose at the southwestern corner of our house is a beast that reaches the roof line and, unlike most Knockouts, has a faint scent:
A dianthus in our front flower bed. These dianthus struggle a bit due to competition from the Mexican Petunia behind them and the Zoysia grass creeping in from our lawn in front of them:
A Daisy in our front flower bed:
That little dark thing with legs under that petal on the right hand side is the butt end of a spider:
I call the color candy stripe. This clematis is the first to leaf out in Spring and last to blossom. They are the first thing you see coming out our backdoor: