Rating Maya x Carina kisses vol. 2:
1. 361827/10. Top Carina supremacy, one of my favorite kisses, they were one kiss away of having sex standing up. Top!Carina and Horny!Maya is a combination that never fails. Bonus: Maya Bishop where did you put that hand😏
2. 20/10. Adorable gf’s. Love how Maya is just fixed on Carina’s lips. I don’t blame her because same Maya, same. Cuteness all around with them.
3. 171916481/10. Soon to be wives being adorable. They can’t stop touching each other and they are just so cute it hurts. Followed by a steamy session before marriage. Andy is still traumatized. Hands being pretty low, i see you Maya Bishop
4. 18/10. Gotta love a soft Carina caring about Maya being a lil insecure bean. Girlfriends supremacy. An added bonus is Carina’s hand holding Maya’s face, romantic and perfect just like them.
And that’s it for now! Thanks to the gif creators🤍 i’ll be back soon rating more kisses
Station 19: season 1
After watching the pilot, I wasn’t planning to rewatch the whole first season but then I got hooked when I remembered why I loved Maya from day one, and how badass Vic is (or used to be), and how the fires and rescues used to be so much better, and how the characters had better storylines that wasn’t all about relationship drama. So now I’ve watched all but the season finale (which will get its own post once I’ve watched it).
- The call outs were so good – the blue fire, the car stuck under a utility pole, the strip mall, the bus crash, getting trapped in the garage. Everything feels so tame by comparison these days. Even if there’s no budget for big fires, they can come up with some interesting rescues that add to the story. The show has become way too focussed on personal drama, whereas season 1 had a much better balance, I think.
- I love seeing where Maya started from to where she was by the end of season 4. (Yes, I’m ignoring season 5.) Embrace the pain, eyes forward, take the power; championing Andy to become captain – and seeing the start of her drive to become lieutenant and then captain. Also seeing her help Vic get over her fear of fire, pushing her too hard and in the wrong way because she always had that way of treating someone as she had been treated, rather than treating them as they needed. She’s always such a badass on callouts too - as annoyed as I am about the demotion, there’s a reason I love seeing her on the ground instead of co-ordinating.
- On a personal note, can we have more scenes of Maya eating strawberries like in 1x06? (Is there a gif of that moment? I need one!)
- I’d forgotten that Pruitt had promoted Andy to lieutenant so that she had a chance of taking over as captain. She has moments of brilliance in the first season, but she’s also a mess at times – letting her relationship with Jack affect her job, ignoring the mayday call during the incinerator trial. You can see how much she has grown into the captain role in season 5, when she clearly wasn’t ready in season 1. That said, they did her dirty in episode 8 – stopping to help the victims of the bus crash was the right thing to do and saved lives, the fact that Jack left a patient alone in the back of a stocked Aid Car (against Andy’s orders) was his fault and nothing to do with Andy not following protocol.
- It's hard to see Maya and Andy’s relationship without being reminded of the bts drama that has affected their screentime together these days, but they really do bounce off each other so well (ignoring their silly fight when Andy told Maya to back off and Maya overreacted). But ultimately they want what’s best for each other – Maya is always pushing Andy to be captain and Andy is the first to tell Maya to apply for lieutenant. I hate the way the show keeps pitching women against each other instead of making sure they have each other’s backs.
- Ah Mason. A brief appearance in two episodes and so many of us still hope that one day you’ll return one day! But seriously, when…?
- It still annoys me that they’ve forgotten that Jack had been lieutenant for longer than Andy and Maya, and was a serious contender for captain in season 1 – but now he gets overlooked any time someone needs to step up. Why wasn’t he promoted to captain in season 5 instead of bringing in Beckett? (Answer = plot device.)
- Vic was amazing in season 1 – running drills and teaching Ben, her friendship with Travis, generally being light and fun but also seeing her arc as she overcomes her fear of fire. Remember when she asked Andy and Jack who they’d save first in a fire when they were sleeping together, and now no-one cares that a firefighter is sleeping with a lieutenant?!
- I love how Travis is opinionated and will always say what he thinks. I feel like he’s been the most consistent character over the last five seasons – apart from the relationship drama with Emmett in season 5 that drove me crazy! Travis and Grant were such a great pair, they had great chemistry and I wish that had lasted for longer.
- Oh, I miss Dean! He and JJ were a disaster from the start. I’d forgotten how he’d struggled to keep up with her lifestyle, got too tired and was the reason the team ended up locked inside the garage of a burning house.
- Considering Ben was the link between Grey’s and Station 19, he’s always been underwhelming for me. The best thing about him is his relationship with Bailey, to be honest, and I love how they involved her in the show. It’s interesting to see her berate him for not telling her about the job and the scary stuff they do, knowing that when he does she ends up having heart problems and leads to them splitting up for a while.
- Ryan feels superfluous. He’s sweet but he’s really only there to prop up Andy’s storylines. I did like the friendship between him and Maya.
- I both love Pruitt but also find him annoying sometimes - especially when he’s condescending. There are several scenes in the season when he and Andy are talking about Andy’s mom, and I’d love to know if it was always in the back of their minds that she was still alive or if that was a curveball that Krista introduced when she took over as showrunner.
Does anyone else feel nostalgia for the early seasons?