Manhwa List (2019) pt. 2
Here’s the part 2 of what I’ve been reading so farrr. These are all recommended and are reads that cleanse my poor soul
This Villainess Wants a Divorce!
We all hate the greedy villains hell-bent on sabotage. Enter Carnelia Easter, the awful secondary villainess of the romance I’m reading, who trapped the prince in marriage at the behest of the evil empress. I didn’t shed a tear when her head’s lopped off, but now I’m Carnelia! I gotta play this smart and convince him to divorce me instead! Still, between the prince, the empress, the heroine, the second prince, my terrible health... this story’s getting unpredictable. Will I survive after all?
THOUGHTS & WHY READ THIS:
- plot - 4/5
- battle of power between the first prince and the empress with the mc being in between (the emperor just stays out of it for the most part)
- artstyle = 4/5
- BLUSHING CEASAR
- CEASAR IS A POOR INNOCENT BOI
- SMOL BOII TRAP IN A BIG BODY
- CANA IS PRETTY
- characters are pleasing to the eyes especially my dear ethan
- G R A C Y IS A QUEEN (YES GO GET THAT POWER)
- CANA X GRACY
- CEASAR AND CANA
- noah being a good brother is making me cryy
- NO CANA CEASAR WONT DIVORCE YOU
- “HOW CAN I NOT LIKE YOU WHEN YOU’RE TRYING SO HARD TO HELP ME” OKAY OKAY
- the brother of the empress is also hot
- the butler/attendant/whatever of the empress is mysterious and who doesnt love a little mystery? hehehe
- CEASAR IS A GOOD BOI I SAID WHAT I SAID
- BASICALLY CEASAR BEING A BLUSHING TOMATO IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I’M READING THIS
Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp
Dr. Song, the youngest professor at the leading College of Medicine in Korea, was a royal brat of a princess in her previous life. But just as she's about to meet an untimely death over the ocean, she wakes up as Princess Elise once again?! Enlightened with the medical knowledge of a master surgeon, is this her chance to mend her past relationships and heal an ailing empire, or is fate sealed to repeat itself?
THOUGHTS & WHY READ THIS:
- a character who knows their evil doings before and wants to change for the better? check
- redemption story of the mc who did evil things that cost her life before
- beautiful beautiful characters
- E L I S E x L I N D E N
- the brothers of the mc are hot
- M I C H A E L
- PLOT = 3.5/5 so many med stuff that i find interesting but also make my head hurts
- you’ll learn about med here a lot (idk if it’s accurate but maybe??)
- art style = 4/5
- so many cute moments between characters so ready your heart
- light read if you want to be happy and not stressed over politics and stuff like that
A Talented Maid
As Maurina, she's on the run as the last of her kingdom’s royal line. Disguised as Marie, she is just a maid, serving the victorious empire. She’s never been very good at anything, so when she's told to make a wish, she asks for the ability to help others and bring them happiness. Now as visions of brilliant and skilled people fill her dreams, she’s imbued with a bounty of abilities perfectly suited for any dilemma. But will her secrets last as the crown prince seeks out both Maurina and Marie?
THOUGHTS & WHY READ THIS:
- same author as doctor elise
- PLOT = 3/5 (for now cause we’re not in the fun parts yet??)
- art style = 10/5 tbh i love the art style of this compared to the others idk why
- marie is love marie is life
- R A E L
see what i mean??!?!
- rael being a fair and just prince is beautiful
- ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE GOOD LOOKING
- marie doing her best to help other ppl
- rael being ‘aware’ of marie is wonderful
- BASICALLY RAEL AND MARIE MUST BE PROTECTED DO NOT HURT THEM
- light read you’re gonna get stress whether or not she’ll get caught by the prince
Accused of being a witch and a murderer, Evony’s imprisoned. For years, she awaits the day of her execution, her back bearing scars from beatings inflicted by the guards who despise her. But one day, she is granted her freedom and placed into the guardianship of Grand Duke Schneider. Warmed by his doting staff and under his admiring tutelage, she regains her strength and becomes the wild card in an intricate game of power. With nothing to lose, will Evony orchestrate a new future for the empire?
THOUGHTS & WHY READ THIS:
- gosh shows how unfair the society is to women
- MY EBONY NEEDS A HUG (lemme hug you)
- S O C I A L R E L E V A N C E
- the employees treating her nicely and like a human being
- shows the unfair justice system
- basically shows how unfair it is for women i already said it but it’s really unfair
- plot = 4/5 (there’s only few chapters but so far so good)
- art style = 3.5/5
- archduke being an open-minded and sympathetic person is everything
- E B O N Y WILL FIGHT FOR HER RIGHTS JUST SO YOU WAIT YOU UNFAIR SOCIETY
"I think I’ve fallen for you." With a single drunken confession, Renesha's plans to live a comfortable and uneventful life were shattered. Somehow she confessed her love to the wrong man: the Grim Reaper of the Battlefield, Duke Cavert Willard! It's the worst thing to happen to her since she woke up in this fantasy universe and discovered her divine powers. In the midst of a war with a neighboring country, Renesha must balance her duties as a healer with her feelings for two alluring knights. When romance blooms on the battlefield, who will be victorious in the battle for Renee's heart?
THOUGHTS & WHY READ THIS:
- hilarous start hahaha
- plot is interesting (still has 2 chapters but yeah i can tell it’s good)
- cabel is love
- art style = 6/5 i just love the way they drew these charactersss
- C A B E L
- cabel being sly person knowing what he wants
- poor reneshaaaa
431 notes · View notes
Reading Recommendations Part V: Manhwa, manhua and web novel
Hello! I hope everyone is well ^^ I have been holding posting as I was hoping to make the list longer but I’ve been busy with school and work ;_; If you have any reading recommendations please feel free to share ^^
His 10,000 Romantic Traps- Manhua (characters are quite stylish)
Exclusive possession of your heart/The heart in captivity- Manhua
The naive Mr. Lu- Manhua : I previously mentioned that I was going to be reading this comic and I actually got all caught up. It is quite a funny story and at times it feels like reading BL
Death is the only ending for the villainess- novel and manhwa
One of a kind romance
The only love I know
Sweet Spooky Darling
Your throne/ I want to be you for a day- manhwa
Positively Yours: It seems to follow a typical storyline but it has a lot of comedy involved which makes it a refreshing read.
The Evil Lady’s Hero: The FL is very straightforward and open, in this story the ML is the shy one
Sweet bite marks- Manhua- complete with 3 seasons
The Villainess Lives Twice-manwha
My Fair Footman-manhwa
I won’t accept your regrets- novel
I’m only a stepmother but my daughter is just so cute- novel
A villain is a good match for a tyrant: both novel and manhwa
The end of an unrequited love- novel
You’ve got the wrong house, villain- novel
To help you understand- novel
To love your enemy- webtoon and modern college setting
The beginning after the end- webtoon- adventure theme
Ever ever after- novel
Omniscient reader’s viewpoint- webtoon- adventure theme
A capable maid- manhwa
It looks I fallen into the world of a reverse harem-manwha
I want to do it, even if it hurts- manwha
Gatabutata- super cute story. Pure first love and college setting
Sealed with lips -manhua)
First miss reborn- manhua
Poisonous Phoenix- manhua
Perfect secret love: the bad new little wife is a little sweet (manhua and novel)
Trial marriage husband: need to work hard- manhua and novel
137 notes · View notes
manga/manhwa reading update
The Stereotypical Life of a Reincarnated Lady - SO, SO, SO DAMN FUNNY! No slapstick humour, no weird forced comedy. While the situations the FL gets into is super funny, the thing I enjoy the most is her internal monologue. Someone give her an award. She is so candid and natural, she has got to be the most logical, stoic, and relatable ‘reincarnated in an isekai’ character. And she’s just so funny I can’t. I love the way she’s so passive about whatever’s happening in her life rn, as if she’s just a ‘side character’ that needs to do her scene and scram. Also love how the ML is supposed to be some big tough guy and he’s trying to keep her happy (read: seduce her) but he’s just falling head over heels for this peculiar woman. I love the complicated situation the characters are in right now, the side characters’ reactions. The misunderstandings, the confusion, give it to me!!!! Also love the fact that the scanlation group leaves one-line commentaries after a ridiculous or intense scene. Makes reading so much more fun!
The Problem of My Love Affair - another funny romcom. Didn’t like the visuals of both leads at first but they grew on me. ML is such a tsundere (MY WEAKNESS) while FL is a no-bullshit, not-weak, badass lady. I love me some strong female protagonists. Also I love drunken mistakes. I am a glutton for punishment.
Survive as the Hero's Wife - Since it’s scanlated till the end of Vol 2 this manhwa offers some closure. There’s no high stakes love game rn. Both leads are more or less secure with each other, so this was a nice, leisurely read.
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Desperate Situation! On the Verge of Doom - This is like reading bakarina fanfiction. Sooo satisfying. And the destruction flag avoidance game is more high stakes because man Katarina was a right bitch her whole, how is she gonna fix it now? Also, sadistic Gerald/Geordo? I want.
A False Confession - Two Words. Cabel Willard.
The Evil Lady's Hero - most possibly my fave manhwa rn. A drunken one night stand with consequences is my favourite trope but a drunken one night stand with the guy who’s gonna lead you to your death takes the cake for me. I like how the FL thinks. Love the art style. Also the smut. Def the smut.
For Certain Reasons, the Villainess Noble Lady Will Live Her Post-Engagement Annulment Life Freely - Light and entertaining. Also there’s a new villain in town that’s /not/ the FL soo can’t wait for the her relationship to progress with the ML! Claude is a refreshing ML with no signs of the usual ‘I’m a righteous dumbass’ trait.
Game: Suit no Sukima - fuck buddies with a colleague... a bad idea? DUH. But that doesn’t stop these two from doing so. The latest chapters aren’t scanlated on mangadex yet but the ML is a fuckboy. Waiting for his redemption!
Skip Beat! - oh my god. long awaited confession. The latest let me down idk why. I’m okay with them not going into a relationship at this point of their career but I didn’t particularly like the execution of the whole scene.
117 notes · View notes
What if there was like an Isekai Quartet but for (female) reincarnation manwhas. Idk what the main 4 manwhas and the side manwhas will be but here are some interactions I think will happen:
Melissa (Beware of the Villainess) would fold Ruvellis (Abandoned Empress). Like absolutely demolish him. Idc if he redeemed himself and Aristia forgave him or whatever, he would get folded.
Rael (The Evil Lady’s Hero) and Yuri (Beware of the Villainess) would be friends/be friendly to each other.
So would Canaria (Survive As the Hero’s Wife), Satiana (What It Takes to be a Villainess), and Athanasia (Who Made Me A Princess) because they’re all just tryna survive by manipulation.
So would Eumelia (Villainess Level 99: I May Be The Hidden Boss But I'm Not The Demon King) and Claudia (I’m Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness Doesn’t Mean I’m a Bad Person!) because they’re both misunderstood.
So would Bertia (Observation Record of a Self-Proclaimed Villainess’ Fiance) and Katarina (My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom) cuz they have similar personalities.
The Reincarnated Villainesses would have a club. Athanasia is an honorary villainess. Aristia is on thin ice.
Ezekiel (Who Made Me A Princess) and Nine (Beware of the Villainess) would be friendly to each other but don’t have much to talk about so they’re just silent.
Lucas (Who Made Me A Princess) and Melissa would be frienemies and would talk crap about everyone.
105 notes · View notes