Y/N, to Bucky and Sam: And then I kicked h-
Hydra agent across the field: *Screaming* hey! I can see you!
Y/N: Shit. Hide!
*Y/N, Bucky and Sam hides*
Y/N: *Screams back* can you see me now?!
Hydra agent: *Signs* Yes!
Y/N: *Whispers* damn it.
Y/N: *Hides behind a tree* now?!
Hydra agent: *Sighs louder* oh my- YES!
Y/N: *Screams* do I at least look good?!
Sam, and Bucky: *Wheezing in the background*
121 notes · View notes
Sam Wilson Soft Headcannons
Gif is from Google
• This boy is showing you off as a prize, literally his pride and joy
• His braiding your hair, it was messy to begin with but this man mastered it in a matter of a few weeks
• Buying flowers for each other
• Movie nights on the laptop so he has an excuse so snuggle
• Man is a cuddle bear but holds your hand in public
• Buying vintage pins to put on a denim jacket
• Beach walks normally end up with Sam throwing you in the water
• Helping fix the boat
• Has called you every cute name under the sun
• Mocking him with bird calls
• Everytime you see a lonely bird you ask if he knows him
• Going on Zoo dates
• Teasing him that he only ever listens to Marvin Gaye
• Always kissing your knuckles and temple
• Trying to fish together but you gave up
• Makes the BEST hot chocolate
• For valentines day Sam took you both to a chocolate factory
• Bragging that the FALCON/CAPTAIN AMERICA is your boyfriend
• Watching re runs of Supernanny
• Looking after Sarah's kids while Sam and her catch up, Sam ends up watching you the whole time
• You went home and had the kid talk
52 notes · View notes
I don't know if it's that deep, but I suddenly realized the difference between why Steve became Captain America and why John Walker became Captain America, and how that relates to Sam so well.
Steve never got picked for the serum because he was particularly tall or strong or skilled or smart, he got picked because Erskine saw something good in him, something special he knew would become even greater with the serum.
Erskine specifically didn't pick the obvious choice he was pressured to pick by others, which was Hodge at the time. Like Col. Phillips said, "Hodge passed every test we gave him. He's big, he's fast and he obeys orders. He's a soldier", does that remind you of someone?
John Walkers is big, fast, and he obeys orders. He's a soldier.
Steve never chose Sam because he was big or fast or a good soldier, he chose Sam because of why Erskine had chosen him; his good heart and the determination to do what's right. He saw that in Sam, the goodness of his heart, his determination and the strong will to help others no matter the cost.
That's why Sam is Captain America, even without the shield. The shield is not Cap, the heart is. The shield is a tangible symbol, one you can hold up and claim as yours, but the "not a perfect soldier but a good man" metaphor of Erskine is what's most essential, and that can't be forced by governmental support or flashy public stunts.
John Walker with his missions and skills and orders may be a perfect soldier, but Sam is a good man. A good man who kicks ass
And that's why Sam Wilson is Captain America.
14K notes · View notes