USS Wisconsin (BB-64) passing the Bay Bridge in San Francisco, California, circa September 1945.
Note: she is flying a homeward bound pennant.
It is a tradition in the Navy for a ship to fly a red, white and blue pennant on her return voyage back to her home. In the blue field, the number of stars would represent every officer. For the enlisted crewmen, every foot of the red and white striped section would represent them. Sometimes, balloons would be attached to the end of the pennant so it would touch the water. When the ship returned home, the pennant would be cut up and given to each crewmen.
Missing holiday lights this year? If you live near Norfolk, Virginia, you don’t have to! Amidst countless cancelations of winter festivities this year, the battleship Wisconsin is restoring a little light to the season- literally. Kicking off the massive ship’s first annual WinterFest, the entire boat is decked out with so many lights that they can probably be spotted from space.
The battleship USS WISCONSIN (BB-64) fires its Mark 7 16-inch 50-caliber guns to eliminate shoreline targets in preparation for an amphibious landing off the coast of Khafji during Operation Desert Storm.
In the order of when they pop into my head because that probably means I AM WEAK to these...
x - Romantic
and - multiple
& - platonic
1) Ami Mizuno x Makoto Kino - Surprising no one that's been on my blog for more than a day.
2) Ochako Uraraka and Izuku Midoriya - They're cute, okay? And for many reasons I have different ships for them.
3) Zelda x Link - Always been a background ship, but recent people... @logo-comics, have brought it to the forefront.
4) Daria Morgendorffer and Jane Lane - This one I am fine with shipping them both ace to both bi. I just enjoy these two interacting.
5) USS Enterprice NC1701-E - Just the look and FEEL of the ship on screen did something to me.
6) Harry and Hermione - I will fight canon every step for this one. Either as found siblings or lovers.
7) Izuku Midoriya x Dekubowl - There is a chaos to this harem, and I crave it.
8) Mihoshi Kuramitsu x Kiyone Makabi - The interactions of these two make me happy.
9) Katie 'Pidge Gunderson' Holt x Princess Allura Altea - I feel that there was a lot of potential hi-jinks and shenanigans that were glossed over here... and yes "We have a LOT to talk about." was loaded.
10) Millennium Falcon - I connect to the old gal on a spiritual level sometimes.
11) Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing x Seras Victoria - This one is difficult to explain. So I won't.
12) David the Gnome x Lisa the Gnome - I grew up with this happy couple, and loved them. Schlitz Veit.
13) Tsuyu Asui & Mineta Minoru - I have a feeling that these two would be a good balance.
14) Rose Lalonde and Kanaya Maryam - It's complicated, and there are multiple quadrants at play. Unless you're into Homestuck, don't ask.
15) The Miraj - If you knew this was from Silverhawks before I told you, you know why I love it.
16) Roxy Lalonde & Jane Crocker - To be honest, I feel that these two got shafted out of a really great friendship that could have been a great stabalzing force in their chaotic lives.
17) Izuku Midoriya and Shoto Todoroki - There is a lot of potential for emotional growth of both characters in this ship, and I will be here for it.
18) Twilight Sparkle x Sunset Shimmer - There is so much bloody subtext in the animation. Especially the music videos.
19) Kyoka Jirou and Momo Yaoyorozu - They play off each other so nicely that I feel myself loving it.
20) USS Cobia - The submarine at the Wisconsin Maritime Museum. It's been amazing to walk it several times growing up and as an adult, if you get the chance, I would recommend it and just imagine being inside of that for prolonged periods of time.
This was fun, how about some more? Q&A Sunday