Nobleman Ryu’s Wedding Fic
Woops, I slipped and have turned the first two tiny episodes of fluff into an 8000 word epic historical fanfic. Please enjoy my angsty, melodramatic, tension filled fic version of this silly show. WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL.
The main things I have changed so far;
- the marriage is high stakes - lives on the line, gambling debt, secrets, etc.
ie; Ho Seon is GAY, hello, - which is why he couldn’t/wouldn’t marry on his own. and Ki Wan’s sister is GONE like baiii not coming back she yeeted herself out of the story, Ki Wan is properly married to Ho Seon for good not just “till his sister gets back” because we need STAKES honey, we need TENSION.
- Ki Wan’s true identity remains hidden (for now) to add to said tension.
- the sister in-law is gone (hate her, gross no thanks)
- the mum is AWESOME but also sick and old, hence the desperation for the daughter-in-law for her only son (so sad, I made myself sad).
- Ki Wan and Ho Seon are full of mutual angst and pining and confusion and guilt; Ki Wan for keeping his gender a secret, and Ho Seon for keeping his sexuality a secret and they are both slowly falling for each other (secretly) MWAHAHAHAH ANGST
update: I have now also made Tae Hyung a creepy evil antagonist. sorry babes but I am not here for love triangles, I’m here for life threatening situations.
Part 1: The Wedding Night [x]
Part 2: Newlyweds [x]
Update: Part 3: The Honeymoon Is Over [x]
120 notes · View notes