Reminder: during this week, allow yourself to eat, and to eat enough to sustain you. Nourish your body with good food, drink lots of water, take your medication if they were prescribed to you. Rest. Get enough hours of sleep not to feel drained in the morning. Take a good warm shower even if your energy is low, it will make you feel better. Avoid triggers and watch cute animal videos. Take care of your body, of your mind, of your heart.
Diary Excerpts #51
Lately I've felt like
all I am doing is 'existing'-
I am 'just here'.
I wake up day after day,
each one a repeat, an endless loop.
Nothing happens anymore,
I'm just going through the motions
to get the damn day over with
just to do it the next day.
This is not what I had envisioned-
this is not living.
I didn’t realize that Shriek Week was supposed to be a play on “Spirit week”. Why didn’t they just call it “Spirit” Week then? That seems like a better pun.
Jack Antonoff and Taylor Swift: photo from Jack’s Instagram post (November 23rd 2021)
Learnings from this week !
1. The hard things either take you or take the fear.
2. Nothing is neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so. Our life, is dyed by the color of our thoughts. Perspective is everything. So choose it wisely.
3. Almost anything in life can be learned faster. Most people learn passively. They wait for insights to come to them. But you can speed things up by actively searching for useful ideas. One strategy is to ask the top people what they do. Make their best practices your baseline.
4. Motivation often comes after starting, not before. Action produces momentum.
5. Here is a rule to remember in future, when anything tempts you to feel bitter: not ‘This is misfortune,’ but ‘To bear this worthily is good fortune'. Life is too short to remain bitter about the negative things that occur in your life. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself, take what happens to you in stride and take pride in your ability to move forward with dignity.
6. We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path.
7. No matter how bright it is, an ember removed from the fire will end up going out quickly. No matter how clever a man may be, far from his neighbors he will never manage to conserve his heat and his flame.
8. Having a rich life is not only about money, but about flexibility in your lifestyle and freedom from worry.
9. Embrace the uncertainty because it is the only path forward. If you were ready for it, it wouldn't be growth.
It has come to my attention that many people don’t know that each day of the week is asociated with a planet and in some languages you can accually see a clear connection. And so for all of you that did not know this, here is the list.
Monday - Moon
We can see the moon in Monday or Moon day, in Spanish Monday is Lunes and as you may know, Luna means moon in Latin and many other languages. Moon is asociated with the goddes Artemis of Diana the protector of maidens and womenhood.
Tuesday - Mars
In Spanish Tuesday is Martes after the Roman god of war and also the planet.
Wednesday - Mercury
Mercury is the Roman god of traveling, messengeres but also thieves. In Spanish, Wednesday is Miércoles, and the association with Mercury is also visible. In Norse mythology, Wednesday was Odin's day and when the Romans came up north, they thought that Odin was Mercury, making Wednesday Odin's day till today.
Thursday - Jupiter
The Roman king of the Gods. The god as well as the planet are both very stormy, take from that what you will.
Friday - Venus
Viernes in Spanish, Friday has many cultural references to love, Venus is the goddess of love and sex. But the English word is also associated with a goddess of love. Friday is either named after Freya or Frigga, two overlapping goddesses of love and fertilty of the norse mythology.
Saturday - Saturn
Saturday is named after Saturn, the only titan planet. Saturn was the first ruler of the world before he was overthrown by his children.
Sunday - Sun
People born on Sunday are considered happy, it might do with the happy connotacions. The Greek and Roman god of the Sun is Appollo, one of the happiest gods as he is also th egod of music and plage, in Christian mythology, Sunday is the resting day. In Czech, for example, Sunday is called Neděle, and that litterarly means no do day, a day when you don’t work.
I hope this gave you some new informations.
Questa settimana, fai qualcosa che ti piace...
meriti di divertirti.
∆ 29/08/2021 | Post 52 ∆
This week, I will let myself rest.
This week, I will not overthink my flaws.
This week, I will not overwork myself.
This week, I will take care of myself first.
🌸plan for this week🌸
small inspiration planning so i can tune on working
didn't use this notebook quite a while, i bought it once in Flying Tiger during my med school and writing a thesis..
and now i start working!
Mark Dugdale with Oleksandr Slobodyanyuk to the left in the red trunks, posing at the 2017 IFBB Arctic Pro.