survival tip : daydream, romanticise and plot murders
968 notes · View notes
tote bag coffee morning
679 notes · View notes
Please forgive me if I don't talk much at times. It's loud enough in my head.
287 notes · View notes
the archaeology students
the sound of your shoes against ancient stone floors
ruined architecture illuminated by the gentle light of dawn
dreaming of all the discoveries you will make someday
frustration over the fact that there will always be things we don’t know about the past
calloused hands, fingernails encrusted with dust from the dry earth
a love for the past and the pursuit of new knowledge
marveling at shards of pottery and stone tools just as much as massive architectural feats
wanting to solve every historical mystery
understanding the cultural value of knowing where and who we come from
a hoard of ancient coins, heavy in your hands
handling artifacts with care, revering these treasured reminders of the past
deep concentration on your work
being in awe at the scope of human history
imagining the lives of people who lived and died thousands of years before you were born
hours spent in musty museum basements
visiting famous archeological sites - the Acropolis, Machu Picchu, the pyramids at Giza
the smell of old things
a delicate touch, working patiently at a dig site
guiding your friends around your favorite museum exhibits, regaling them with extra pieces of information
fighting to restore stolen artifacts to their original owners
wondering how our understanding of history will change in the future
193 notes · View notes
The soul of the world is nourished by people's happiness, and also by unhappiness, envy and jealousy.
160 notes · View notes
dark academia wardrobe essentials
according to me
turtlenecks (for layering)
wire frame glasses (if applicable)
148 notes · View notes
Alone in the office means pics of me pretending to work
117 notes · View notes
Chaotic academia concepts
But make it stuff I do/have done/ has happened to me
• You open your water bottle, give a bit to your plant, then you drink. "Cheers" you say before continuing with chemistry homework
• Putting random spices in your tea. It works and you will do it again.
• Going to sleep late, waking up early.
• Messy notes on books
• Orwell, John Green and The Bible next to eachother in your library
• It's autumn and you're wearing a perfume called "coconut kiss" from a bottle with topical fruits
• Eating the cinnamon bar out of your tea while trying to figure out what's the pattern for this type of math exercises
• Confused at class, somehow manages to get high grades
• Having to reorganize your binder every two weeks because you keep just throwing your notes in there
• Knowing random bizarre facts
• Being well versed in some random topic, like astrology, mammals, plant communication, color theory, languages, traditions of ancient cultures...
• Using coloquial language while explaining academic topics.
• Studying history through different memes and vines in your head.
• "I like how you dress, what's your aesthetic? "Uh....yes?"
• Secretly analyzing every piece of literature or cinema you're given
• Now playing: Kiss me more — Doja Cat. Next in your playlist: Storm — Vivaldi
• From "well actually..." To "I have no idea what it's going on rn" real fast.
• You developed the ability to do your makeup while walking/on the bus and without looking in a mirror after (almost) missing the bus several times. Where does time go?
• Complaining to your teddy bear, talking to your pencils
• Changing your notes color code constantly
• "I hope you don't mind I'm (belief/religion you do not share and/or have never heard much about)" *already taking out a notebook and a pen* what?
• You're learning more than one language at a time, it's a fact I know about you, don't try to hide.
• where has all my paper gone??
105 notes · View notes
the month of september is spent finishing half-read books and trying to catch the brief midday sunshine
144 notes · View notes
The Cabinpedia on Instagram
89 notes · View notes
Before Dawn - Xiao Hua Yang
27K notes · View notes
okay but waking up in the middle of the night to soft rain and knowing you've got hours to sleep, when you're toasty warm and comfortable and sleep has made you forget all your worries and you go back to sleep feeling as content as ever.
63K notes · View notes
That intimate moment between you and the book you have just read the last words of, where you sit there taking in the enormity of what you have just finished.
23K notes · View notes
soon it will be autumn, and i'll have a cup of warm tea, an old, unread book with crinkled pages, and the leaves would be a beautiful shade. everything would be alright again.
20K notes · View notes
Sir please thats my emotional support stack of books that i havent read
86K notes · View notes
there is no greater mystery than What Was That Deleted Video In My Youtube Playlist
61K notes · View notes
I lost every friendship I ever had and it still hurts.
1. Finneas O’Connell / 2. Ocean Vuong / 3. adampvrrish / 4. Otessa Moshfegh / 5. Fairycosmos / 6. Richard Siken / 7. frenchtoastlesbian
12K notes · View notes
Latin phrases I adore
And what they mean + where they come from
• Veritas liberabit vos (Jesus of Nazareth, John 8:32) — Truth shall make you free
• Post Tenebras Lux — Light after darkness
• Post tenebras spero lucem (version of post tenebras lux appearing in the Vulgate version of Job 17:12) — After darkness I hope for light
• Amor vincit omnia/Omnia vincit Amor — Love conquers all (reference to verse 69 of Eclogue X: "omnia vincit Amor; et nos cedamus Amori" (Love conquers all, and we yield to love), from the Bucolics, a series of poems of pastoral environment of Virgilio.)
• Ars longa, vita brevis (Hippocrates) — Art is long, life is short — translation from the original greek "Ho bíos brakhús, hē dè tékhnē makrḗ"
Ὁ βίος βραχύς, Life is short,
ἡ δὲ τέχνη μακρή, and art long,
ὁ δὲ καιρὸς ὀξύς, opportunity fleeting,
ἡ δὲ πεῖρα σφαλερή, experimentations perilous,
ἡ δὲ κρίσις χαλεπή. and judgement difficult
• Ad astra per aspera — to stars through difficulties
77 notes · View notes
people who know random things are so platonically attractive to me like yes let me be your best friend tell me about the history of liquid soap
45K notes · View notes