Making spooky wand outfits with some of my favorite Halloween designs!
(Note: These are listed as what I named the outfits, not the design names!)
Pumpkin witch: MA-6837-2182-0985
Coffin: MA-1965-8509-5688 (Shame on me, I added a couple of my own designs)
30 notes · View notes
So... first of all, please ignore the wooden pathing covering the island that's visible in some of these shots. I'm working on getting rid of it.
Now then. I have flattened my island and I'm trying to redesign it. This post shows what I have so far. (The atmospheric lighting was not on purpose. I'm time traveling day by day to farm fossils / Tree's Bounty items, and this is how the weather happened to be.)
I'm really struggling with how to lay everything else out, how to transition between areas, etc. I only got my Switch in May, so I know I need to leave room for stuff from future holidays and seasons. I'm looking for advice, suggestions, references, maybe what kind of "-core" aesthetic I should google to find inspiration. The fandom seems to be really hopping lately due to the update news, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.
So far I have a "main street" along the back of the island, with all the movable buildings except the campsite lined up. The museum has its own little mountain with a plaza, a waterfall, and a peek-a-brachiosaurus.
(The stegosaurus is going to have a middle. I just haven't found it yet.)
I'm very happy with my zen garden. I'm very unhappy with the janky corner by the campsite where I stuff all the plants I don't have places for. I'm probably going to thin out my pumpkin patch after Halloween and fill in with the other plants coming in the update.
Some other sort of general fandom notes:
* I am NOT focused on getting a five star island. I tried that and it just stressed me out. I am trying to build an island that looks nice and will be easy to live on. (Specifically, if I suddenly remember I need to do something at a particular location, I want to be able to bolt straight there.)
* I know I'm going to want all the Halloween / Christmas / Easter / cherry blossom / etc DIYs in all their customizations. I have no idea how to display those effectively. Should I set up different parts of the island dedicated to different seasons? How would I transition between them?
* I like a kind of "natural" look, I tried to make my river look realistic, but I'm also rather... linear-minded. I did not do well with the time I tried "The Path".
* I don't especially care about making my airport entrance look fancy. The only person who visits me regularly is my partner, and she's already unimpressed. 😘
* Resources are no object. I have all the resources. ALL OF THEM.
* I have no idea how to transition the front side of Main Street into, uh, anything else.
So. Um. Does anybody have suggestions, like where I can look for inspiration that's a little more specific than just surfing random dream addresses?
22 notes · View notes