Ibn al-Qayyim Says:
Three things Sicken the body:
1) Talking too much
2) Sleeping too much
3) Eating too much
Four things Destroy the body:
4) Staying up late at night.
Four things Dries the face and takes away its Joy and respect:
3) Asking too many questions without knowledge
Four things bring to the Face joy and respect:
Four things bring Rīzq (provision):
1) Night full prayers
2) Frequent remembrance of Allah before dawn
3) Continious charity
4) The remembrance of Allah at the beginning and at the end of the day.
Four things Prevent Rizq (provision):
1) Sleeping early in the morning (after Fajr)
2) Lack of prayers
4) Treason and betrayal
[Bab-al-Tib(Zaad Al Ma'ad) | 378/4]
618 notes · View notes
18 Benefits of Salāh by ‘Imām Ibn Qayyim (rahimahullāh):
1. Prayer is something that causes one to receive sustenance.
2. It is something that safeguards one’s physical health.
3. It keeps away harmful things.
4. It casts away illnesses.
5. It strengthens the heart.
6. It brightens one’s countenance (face).
7. It delights the soul.
8. It gets rid of laziness.
9. It makes the limbs active.
10. It increases one’s physical strength.
11. It expands the chest (strength of soul; insight).
12. It is nourishment for the soul.
13. It illuminates the heart.
14. It safeguards one’s blessings.
15. It repels catastrophes (calamities).
16. It brings blessings.
17. It keeps away the shaytān.
18. It draws one close to Ar-Rahmaan
[Zaad al-Ma’ād, 4/304-305]
137 notes · View notes
I've seen so many of these circulating but none of random qs about you and Islam, let's connect and learn more about each other inshallah!!
1. What is your favourite surah of the Quran?
2. What do you recite when you are scared?
3. Where is the strangest place you've prayed?
4. What aspect of Islam do you wish people would pay more attention to?
5. Favourite mosque (visited/yet to visit)
6. Favourite Prophet of the book (before Muhammad pbuh) and why?
7. A comment about Islam you'll never forget
8. Favourite scholar and why?
9. A pilgrimage site you really want to visit (but haven't yet)
10. Your dream Hajj buddy- how would you describe them?
11. A bad habit you had when you first started praying
12. The most Islamic country you've visited- what makes it so?
13. Favourite Ramadan and why?
14. Favourite muslim podcaster/YouTuber
15. How do you usually break your fast?
16. Favourite iftar of all time
17. If you could ask Allah (swt) for a full explanation of one ayat only, which would it be?
18. If you could travel back to the Prophet (as) time and meet one person for a chat, who would it be?
19. When was your last prayer which was answered by Allah (swt)
20. Which of Allah (swt) names is speaks to you the most rn and why?
21. What aspect of your life are you looking to change next to become more in line with Islam?
22. What is the hardest part about being Muslim in your country?
23. Have you ever accidentally eaten anything non-Halal?
24. Which feature of the Prophet (as) do you look up to the most?
25. Have you ever had a major turning point in terms of your faith?
26. How do you picture Jannah in your head?
27. Which one of the 6 fruits mentioned in the Quran (date, olive, pomegranate, grape, banana and fig) is your favourite?
28. Favourite Eid memory?
29. Any Islamic book recommendations (other than the Quran ofc)?
30. How do you manage to wake up for Fajr consistently (insider tips please hehe)?
31. How long have you had your current prayer mat and how would you describe it?
32. Who are you praying for atm?
33. What common sin that you see being normalised do you hate the most?
34. Describe the last time you really felt part of the Ummah
Tagging @coldwateristasty @mhtyr @eleminim @seeker-of-peace @cherrysourlips
81 notes · View notes