If you or someone you know is struggling with an eating disorder, you are not alone.
If you are in the United States, please try:
National Eating Disorders Association (support, resources, treatment options)
If you are outside the United States, visit IASP to find help lines related to eating disorders for your country.
For self-help courses on body image and general peer support, please try Koko.
If you need some inspiration and comfort on your dashboard, follow Post It Forward on Tumblr.
the feminine urge to lose 20 kgs, grow my hair out, dye it black and buy a cute pearl necklace all within the next 15 minutes
[thinspo tip/reality check]
if you’ve ever observed SOME “naturally skinny” people, you’ll realize how different your lifestyle is to them.
“naturally skinny” traits
- barely thinks about food. it’s only a small fraction of their day. sometimes they even FORGET to eat.
- always moving. “it’s too far” is not really part of their vocabulary, since they don’t perceive walking as exercise. it’s only a means of transportation. if they want to drop by their friend’s house five blocks away, randomly? they will. if they can’t find their airpod case, they will go out of their way to find it. moving doesn’t calculate in their heads as something painful, it comes like breathing.
- they LISTEN to their body. many naturally skinny people still overconsume calories from time to time- but the reason why they never binge to the point that some disordered people do is because when they’re full, they stop. you’ll hear the words, “i’m so full” “i’ll eat it later” “i can’t eat the whole thing”
- TINY PORTIONS. it may seem like they eat often, but they probably eat less than the size of your palm each serving. that skinny girl in your class might always be snacking on goldfish but she rarely finishes the whole bag. she eats one at a time, sometimes even forgetting it’s there. then she puts it away after eating 🤏🏻this much
YOUR traits, probably
- always thinking about food. what are you going to eat next? how many calories? how to distract yourself? how to burn it?
- you view even the slightest movement as exercise. sometimes it’s gotten so severe that you tried to google how many calories chewing burns. you associate walking of any length to burning calories, and often associate working out to PAIN instead of a hobby.
- you continue to binge even when you feel like you’re going to explode. you don’t listen to pain, discomfort, or your body. you have an attachment to the stimulation food gives you, and that’s all that matters. then you live with the guilt after, or maybe even eat more from it.
- you stress out about when you’re going to eat. you make big portions of low calorie foods you don’t actually like - all in order to satisfy your appetite size. instead, you could be reducing your appetite and eating less each day, more frequently. you care about being full and the ACT of eating instead of actually enjoying food.
pretend you’re taste testing everything you eat. once you know what it’s like, you have no reason to consume a huge portion of it.
I wish I could eat like a skinny person. Super slow, small portions, and super picky. Like imagine having that will power all the time. I’d be like skinny skinniiii
How do I even do it? like all the time? SOS? Help? Tips?
I find it funny that we all ed tumblr see a post that says
“I want to be skinny at the point where people worry that they’re going to break me if they touch me”
And be like: YEAH EXACTLY *REBLOGS*
am I not putting my stats in my bio to remain cool and mysterious or am I just embarrassed, keep watching to find out