It sure would be nice if university was paid for, wouldn’t it.
I was tagged by @i-mossy
do you have a certain place at home for reading?
- When it’s nice enough, I like reading on my balcony, but otherwise, I mostly read in my big chair or in bed (which are kind of the only options).
do you use bookmarks? if so, what kind?
- Yep, I have a Zevran bookmark that I bought on Etsy a few years ago that I use all the time. I have a few more that I made with my laminator and a handful of ones I’ve gotten from bookstores that I use when I need more than one bookmark.
can you just stop reading or do you have to make it to the end of the chapter?
- Unless I need to do something right away, I have to make it to the end of the chapter (or a paragraph break in a book with long chapters).
do you eat or drink while reading?
- I usually drink while reading and sometimes I’ll read and eat, but only if I’m eating at a table.
music or tv while reading?
- Most of the time I’ll have one or the other on (although usually what’s on the TV is more for background noise than to actually watch it). When I’m reading something complex, I need either silence or instrumental music.
one book at a time or several at once?
- More than one. I usually have a physical book, an audiobook, and at least one ebook going at any given time.
reading at home or out?
- I bring a book literally everywhere I go, but I do most of my reading at home bc it’s quieter and weird people won’t try to talk to me.
reading silently or out loud?
- Silently, although if I get annoyed by people being too noisy, I’ll start reading out loud.
do you read ahead, skip pages?
- Sometimes when I’m stressed out about something or if I want to see if pushing through a boring book will be worth it.
breaking the spine?
- Not unless it’s really stiff/new.
do you mark your books?
- Yep. I probs could get away with not doing it bc eidetic memory, but it’s easier to just mark them.
I’m related to quite a few cops, but you don’t see me glorifying the fuckin system. ACAB all the fuhkin way or get out. I was talking about how I can pretend to be straight or cis around cops, but people of color can’t pretend to be white, and this bitch told me to my face that he would out me to the cops if he was with me. The fucker’s vietnamese and he still had the fucking AUDACITY. He’s one of the people I’m fucking protecting if shit goes south, and he’d sell me out for free. Fuck cops and fuck you, too.
anonnie said: you wrote a Nick Rye at one point? get out!
// yup, the good ol’ sky Rye himself. I loved that guy…
need to find a job that I can do from home
I just realized it wasn’t the quarantine that prompted my anxiety. It was the perspective of its end. The idea I’ll have to start living among all those people again. I’m not sure I can make it again.
Did I just order $60 worth of mexican food, including two jumbo margaritas? Yes. Yes I did.