Hiiiii! You’re my first anon everrrrr so thank you for sending this 😊
I’m fairly new myself so I totally understand what you’re saying.
Let’s see my top 5 right now in no particular order with a little Netflix blurb and why i like them:
1) One Spring Night: “ When Lee Jeong-in and Yu Ji-ho meet, something unexpected happens. OR it just may be that spring is in the air – and anything is possible.
I love this one because of the romance, the characters, and the storyline feels a bit more realistic and the chemistry between the leads is *chefs kiss*.
2) Crash Landing on You: “A paragliding mishap drops a South Korean heiress in North Korea– and into the life of an army officer, who decides he will help her hide.”
I just made a post (it has some spoilers) about this one and its just so damn great, a bit unrealistic sure but beautifully done, the epilogues at the end of each episode also really bring the story about.
3) Itaewon Class: “ In a colorful Seoul neighborhood, an ex-on and his friends fight a mighty foe to make their ambitious dreams for their street bar a reality.”
If i had to rank them this would be my #1. I love almost everything about it. The characters are great, the female lead is superrr different than the typical female lead as is the male lead, just a great story overall.
4) Something in the Rain: “ Reunited with her best friend’s younger brother, who’s back from a stint abroad, a recently dumped career woman begins to see him in a new light.”
This one features the Son Ye-jin form #2 above and Jung Hae-in from #1 above, which is why i watched it. They’re super cute together and while at times I was frustrated I still really liked it.
5) Bring it on ghost: “ A college student with psychic abilities takes an amnesiac ghost as his roommate– who ends up helping him hunt down spooky spirits.”
I’m currently watching this one and have yet finished it but I have really enjoyed it. It’s funny, has some action, the romance is cute, they explain things pretty well as why he can see ghosts. I’m hoping the ending won’t dissapoint.
Some honorable mentions: Love Alarm (my first Kdrama), Because this is my first Life, The School Nurse Files ( super weird but i makes you want to binge more), What’s wrong with secretary kim ( a bunch of tropes but pretty cute), cinderella and the four knights.
Cdrama wise: Put your head on my shoulder, my secret romance, wait my youth, Go ahead
Sorry this is so long but i hope you find something you like! Let me know if you want more info on them/ my thoughts on them or if you watch any of them :)