I’ve been writing the old fashioned way since I’m not near a computer. Anyone wanna take a guess as to what I’m writing?
everyone talking about bran-home-alone-au this rickon-home-alone-au that and it’s just like??????? the answer is obvious and it’s ARYA home alone au??????? no further questions your honor
Arya: How do I make dates more romantic?
Robb: Try being mysterious.
Arya: Mystery. Got it.
Gendry: So where are we going?
Arya None of your fucking business.
‘She remembered the godswood […] and the sound of her brother’s laughter as he chased her through piles of damp leaves. She remembered making mud pies with Lysa, the weight of them, the mud slick and brown between her fingers.’ - Catelyn V, AGoT
’[Arya’s] hair all tangled and her clothes covered in mud, clutching a raggedy bunch of purple and green flowers for Father.’ - Sansa I, AGoT
A cute moment from Arya’s childhood.
I feel like Arya’s relationship with her mother often get overlooked, but I’ve always seen them as really similar, especially in how Cat describes her childhood.
If you like the post, please also reblog!
I honestly don’t know, I feel like if the Elissa Farman ending for her is legit then she’ll be doing that to escape the Faceless Men or something. However, I think that they are likely training her for whatever role she’s meant to have against the Others, so that will be the conclusion of her story with them.
I’m looking at chapter transitions between Dany and Arya and it’s not even subtle anymore that these two will be enemies.
1) Arya starts lessons with Syrio, ending with “the next day, their real work began.” -> Dany rides into the Dothraki Sea, with red flowers “like a sea of blood”, remembers killing her vulnerability in a dragon dream and has a gazillion foreshadowings for the birth of the dragons and massive destruction.
2) Mirri does her blood magic ritual and Dany sees scary shapes dancing in the tent, among them a wolf. -> water dancer wolf Arya smacks down a fat pigeon with her wooden sword like Syrio taught her, in a chaotic Flea Bottom all running to see a tyrant execute a Stark.
3) Arya arrives in legendary grand Harrenhal after a death march, is forcibly bathed and shaved and handed a roughspun shift and ill-fitting shoes and set to work, concentration camp-style. Weese tells her all he wants to smell is fear. -> Dany arrives in legendary grand Qarth, sees wolves, scenes of war and debauchery on the walls and sees little children scattering flowers in her path, dressed in slippers and paint.
4) Roose takes Harrenhal and Arya becomes his cupbearer, pouring him wine and vengefully watching arsonous Amory Lorch get killed by a “black brother” of a bear -> Dany arrives at the HOTU and they use “drinking = killing” metaphors almost right away, while decrying the place as an “ancient grey ruin” and “haunt of ghosts and maegi”. She is warned not to go in.
5) Dany learns Robert is dead and gets three ships she explicitly names after the “three heads of the dragon”. –> Arya contemplates heads dipped in tar rotting on the walls of Harrenhal.
6) After a respite at Acorn Hall where she dressed as a highborn girl, Arya receives the clothes of a boy and is told, “be brave”. -> Danny arrives in Astapor and meets Missandei, a girl of ten with golden eyes like Nymeria, who is in a later chapter described as “brave” and uses the phrase Valar Morghulis.
7) Dany takes Yunkai by treachery and has her “Mhysa” moment, specifically thinking that those she “freed” will not hurt her because they are “her children”. -> Arya returns to High Heart and hears the prophecies of dead kings, the maid killing a savage giant and is called “wolf child, blood child, smelling of death” with a reference to Summerhall, which was massive fire tragedy related to trying to re-create dragons.
Okay, sorry, but is that in any way possibly foreshadowing anything, what do you guys think?
List 10 different female faves from different fandoms and then tag 10 people.
Thanks so much for the tag my thirsty sister @even-in-winter! It was so hard to choose, but here are my current top 10.
Lucy Preston, Timeless
Arya Stark, Game of Thrones
Claire Fraser, Outlander
Anne Bonny, Black Sails
Octavia Blake, The 100
Moira Rose, Schitt’s Creek
Rowena MacLeod, Supernatural
Éowyn, The Lord of the Rings
Tagging @darknightfrombeyond @who-knew-what @hopeless-soul-happyface @potterandpromises @shydragonrider @chozenrogue @missemmalie @trench-coat-wearing-angel @fuzzyblanketcuddles @scratchybeardsweetmouth
’“It’s just a sword,” she said, aloud this time … but it wasn’t. Needle was Robb and Bran and Rickon, her mother and her father, even Sansa. Needle was Winterfell’s grey walls, and the laughter of its people. Needle was the summer snows, Old Nan’s stories, the heart tree with its red leaves and scary face, the warm earthy smell of the glass gardens, the sound of the north wind rattling the shutters of her room. Needle was Jon Snow’s smile. […] The Many-Faced God can have the rest, she thought, but he can’t have this.’ - Arya II, AFfC, George RR Martin
Decided to draw one of my all-time favourite Arya scenes, as she gives up needle outside the House of Black and White
If you like the post, please also reblog!