1. Glimmerkit: hope- Sandstar’s first kit (and her only kit at the time), who had died pretty soon after being born. As this had happened to three of her mother’s kits, this had left Sandstar devastated and with little hope of having kits live to even be apprentices, much less warriors.
2. Dustdapple: determination- Sandstar’s mom! Overall a very determined cat, who wanted to pass that to her daughter.
3. Ashstar: strength in conviction- Ashstar had been the leader during her kithood, and had died as a result of the fighting between RiftClan and GlenClan at the time. A few weeks before his death, he had made Hickoryleap his deputy. A controversial decision, but one that Ashstar knew would lead to the bond healing between the two Clans.
4. Magpiepaw: mentoring- Her first and only apprentice, who died two days before Sandstar became the leader.
5. Hickorystar: foresight- Hickorystar became leader in a time of great turmoil. He set the groundwork for fixing the bond between RiftClan and GlenClan, And wanted the next leader after him to carry that legacy. Following Tuftear’s retirement, Hickorystar made young Sandstripe his deputy. His time as leader was short, but impactful all the same.
6. Sharptooth: courage- Sandstar’s grandfather and mentor, who taught her to be brave in the face of everything life may throw at her. Sidenote: he is also the source of her sense of humor and love of puns
7. Snipkit: love- Her tiny brother, who died barely a month after being born, had only ever know the love of his mother and siblings and wanted his big sis to feel the same.
8. Timbertail: justice- Timbertail was killed in a border skirmish before he could even see his kit become an apprentice. He gave her a life of justice, for himself and every other cat killed in the fighting.
9. Basilnose: peace of mind- As her last life, her grandmother Basilnose gave her a life to know that no matter what happened, things would eventually turn out okay.