some parallels i noticed between the avengers (2012) and endgame
(these have probs already been found but *shrug*)
- when tony in unconscious on the ground after falling from the wormhole, cap, thor, and hulk stand around him. this is vaguely, for lack of a better word, reminiscent of how pepper, rhodey, and peter stand around him at his death. also, none of them were around him at his death, which kinda shows how tony has more of a family in endgame, and that being iron man isn’t his entire life anymore. the fact that he has the people whom he loves and love him is entirely different from in the avengers where the only people around him were basically strangers and only knew him from fighting alongside him as soldiers, all of which goes to show how this character changed over the course of the mcu. he starts out as a selfish prick, with the only person really close to him being pepper and jarvis. the people surrounding him on his deathbed are strangers following him as iron man, a suit of armor around him, protecting him from vulnerability and caring for other people. he ends being next to his best friend, his wife, and his surrogate son. the strangers who fought by his side (yes, thor, cap, hulk, and clint weren’t strangers, but they represented the family of the avengers, which was completely tied to his iron man persona) took a back seat. in the end, tony wasn’t alone with strangers, he was surrounded by his family.
(oh fuck this is longer than i thought im sorryyyyyy)
- i’ve heard a bunch of parallels between cap saying “we won” and when he said “we lost” in infinity war, but the connection between when peter says “we won” to tony when he dies and how cap says it when he survives… idk i thought i did something there, but it wasn’t as deep
- also something, not deep at all: cap says son of a gun, a 1940s saying, then in aou he says son of a bitch… wonder where that came from…
- here’s more not as deep parallels (wow i started so strong): when tony’s unconscious, cap deadass tries to hear and feel his heartbeat through the suit (the thick-ass metal suit) whereas pepper asks friday tony’s condition, proving once and for all pepperony > stony (pls don’t attack me im sorry)
- this one’s sad, so imma end it here: when tony’s doing his whole “yay schwarma” bit, he says “let’s just not come into work tomorrow”, which connects with endgame in how he couldn’t go anywhere the next day ‘cause he’s deadddddddddddddddddd