The perfect seasonal dish for a chilly fall night.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni
Farfalle with Butternut Squash
1 box farfalle
6 tbs evoo
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
3 leaves of sage, sliced
3/4 cup shredded Parmigiano cheese
1 cup hickory smoked bacon
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1. Place a pot of water to boil.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté onion with half the olive oil and sage for about three minutes.
3. Add butternut squash and cook thoroughly, season with salt and pepper.
4. Add veggie broth and simmer for another five minutes.
5. In another small skillet, sauté bacon until slightly crispy, discard melted fat and deglaze with balsamic vinegar, reduce until perfectly glazed.
6. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions and drain.
7. Toss with butternut mixture, stir in Parmigiano cheese and top with bacon and balsamic vinegar before serving.
41 notes · View notes