♡ Yandere Headcanons: The Umbrella Academy || Beloved With a Fear of Intimacy Due to Trauma ♡
♡ 00.01 || Luther Hargreeves
- Luther has a hard time trying to accommodate his intimacy-repulsed Beloved. He knows it’s from past trauma but he can’t help projecting his own fears and insecurities. What if his Beloved secretly doesn’t like him? And can’t his love heal their lingering trauma? It’s definitely a strain on the relationship but it’s not a complete deal breaker for Luther; he can learn to adapt.
♡ 00.02 || Diego Hargreeves
- Diego’s own childhood trauma has manifested in a similar way so he completely understands. He knows there are other ways of expressing love, other ways of being intimate outside of traditional touch. He’ll do things like cook or clean, play his Beloved’s favorite show/movie/music, buy them a small gift, and other little actions that shows he cares and is thinking of his Beloved.
♡ 00.03 || Allison Hargreeves
- It’s a little disheartening for Allison to not be as intimate as she’s like to be with her Beloved, but she doesn’t mind too much. She loves her Beloved dearly, this is something they can work around together. She knows her Beloved loves her even if they show it in a different way and that’s what is most important to her.
♡ 00.04 || Klaus Hargreeves
this is just Horrance
- Klaus thrives on intimacy in all its forms, it’s how he operates as a yandere: manipulation of emotions through intimacy via imitation and denial. Having a Beloved who is intimacy repulsed stripes Klaus of his tactics as a yandere, so he has to work it from another angle. While Klaus never demands his Beloved give something unwillingly he will guilt trip and threaten to leave his Beloved in arguments knowing the lack of intimacy is an Achilles’ Heel for his Beloved. Like with Luther, the lack of intimacy brings up Klaus’ own insecurities, but Klaus numbs them, like everything else.
♡ 00.05 || Five Hargreeves
- Five knows communication is key, that what his Beloved may be comfortable with one moment may not be okay the next. He keeps an open dialogue with his Beloved, and not just about boundaries and comfort, but the trauma and abuse too. He wants his Beloved to know they can reply on him fully for safety of all kind.
♡ 00.06 || Ben Hargreeves
- Ben understands in his own way, he has interseminsional beings that can tear apart the human body in a matter of seconds hidden away in his chest… he has his own fears about intimacy. Can he control the beasts should they ever get a will of their own? Where do the monsters end and Ben begins? Is he even worthy of love when he’s hurt so many people? He doesn’t talk about it with his Beloved. It’s just sort of this thing between them, unaddressed and ignored, worked around. It doesn’t hurt the relationship, but it doesn’t help it either.
♡ 00.07 || Vanya Hargreeves
- Vanya never wants to make her Beloved uncomfortable, or inflict more trauma, but her fears get in the way. Is she too ordinary? Is she not enough for her Beloved? Still she loves and supports them, and tries to create a healing environment while keeping her own insecurities at bay.