queencember day 1*: Draw or write your version of Queen!
sounds like an excuse to put way too many drawings in one image again lmao. its 6AM i can’t write a funny caption so i’ll just say i love this idiot woman and go to bed
* - wont be doing every single day... but i will do some of them 💙
1K notes · View notes
“She got nervous and couldn’t speak.”
608 notes · View notes
some parallels I noticed
so, I've seen the theory that the secret bosses reference the no-mercy route bosses of undertale in reverse, but I think there is more going on than just that. I think that there are many more key similarities from undertale that are playing out in reverse in deltarune.
so, here's what I noticed:
during Asgore's fight, he does not look you in the eyes. He is so caught up in the fact that his choices have forced him to play the villain of your story that he can't even look at you, and is surprised when you show him mercy. This matches up with Susie, who isolates herself and plays at being a villain and whose eyes are not visible until the last fight of chapter 1 when Kris protects her. Susie and Asgore had both given up on life and acted against us, Susie with defiance born of despair and Asgore with despair born of defiance in a way that left them devoid of the will to live and the resolve to change fate: determination.
Mettaton is enamored with himself, and his tendency to be the loudest person in the room hid from him the fact that he was deeply loved by his fans, and that he had not been fair to those fans by trying to leave when they still needed him. This is inverted in Noelle, who is unable to say "no" to people, leading to their voice being lost under the far louder berdly and far more outspoken queen. Both Metttaton and Noelle had failed to consider the wants and needs of someone, in the case of Mettaton, his viewers who he brought hope to by means of entertainment, and in the case of noelle, herself and her friends who were put in danger by the queen's poorly informed guesses about what Noelle really wanted. Berdly and Alphys also share a dilemma, using their wits to try and improve their self-esteem so that they don't have to feel like they are worthless and inferior. These 4 characters were all failing at being fair to themselves and others, and their stories correspond to the soul of justice.
if we are going by the photoshop flowey sequence of souls, then the next in the sequence is the green soul of kindness, which could mean that Ralsei will receive deeper character development next chapter. My prediction is that it will involve his habit of coping with traumatic experiences by ignoring them. This would fit very well with the gameplay associated with the green soul, where you have to "face danger head-on". the symbolism would be fantastic. Also, if Ralsei's character development inverts Undynes arc in undertale, Ralsei may be put up against someone he wants to be friends with, but needs to fight instead. That would be a fascinating situation to see Ralsei in.
152 notes · View notes
I w0uld like t0 listen t0 berdly ramblez plz
I will fucking DELIVER— Not fic related, sorry, but very important to me bc I have many thoughts on Berdly
1. Let me start by saying that he’s def an asshole, but he has huge potential to be speedrun enemies to friends with the cast, and I think that’s beautiful. (I’m gonna be honest I think KrisXBerdly is hilariously fun if Kris ever becomes free.) I WANT BERDLY REDEMPTION ARC NOW
2. He’s trying!! In the Dark World!!! He wakes up and thinks it was a dream, so obviously he’s not going to immediately take the lessons he learned to heart, but it’s a start for him. I hope he’s able to continue to grow for the rest of the game :)
3. Also the way he chose to interpret the lesson of not having to be the smartest? Where he decided he would just be proudly stupid instead? Fucking amazing. Let Berdly be cringe and free.
4.This poor kid feels shoehorned into being the “smartest kid”. That’s a theme in this game: not knowing who you are/need to be. So he keeps trying to keep up the facade b/c he doesn’t know what else to do— HE’S A TEENAGER Y’ALL. For some reason ppl judge him like they would a grown man.
5. Queen said it!!! Rudely, but she said it!!!!!! “There’s nothing wrong with him, he’s just annoying” He’s my little guy and I love him
6. Berdly isn’t an incel, and I honestly have no idea where the fandom got the idea 😭— he’s just a kid who’s hilariously misunderstood the situation b/t him and Noelle. He loves her, ofc, but platonically— he apologized for leading HER on (unnecessarily, yeah, but it was VERY funny). He loves her SO MUCH that he’s willing to fight Kris during Snowgrave to free her (and also his attacks avoid her and GHHH it’s such a sweet but sad detail)
7. Speaking of fighting, he fucking destroys his own arm to help his friends if the player chooses to ignore him when he’s under Queen’s control??? Why are we ignoring this???? I felt genuine dread when I saw the cutscene in the library and he couldn’t move his arm— he just looked so lost :(((
8. He’s a gamer. That’s fucking hilarious thank you Toby Fox
9. He’s a pronoun respecter 😎 He might have this weird one-sided rivalry with Kris, but he will NEVER misgender them
10. I’m just gonna say it: this kid is autistic. This is coming from someone who is also autistic. HUGE “I slipped under the radar when I was young b/c I was seen as smart and now ppl are catching up and I’m getting left behind” vibes from him. He misunderstands social situations constantly (Noelle, Queen, Susie). He has a rocky sense of self. He is a gaming encyclopedia. Get this guy therapy I’m begging you please
I am a proud Berdly Stan. Look at his face. You’re gonna hate this face??????
124 notes · View notes
crank the 90's
105 notes · View notes
74 notes · View notes
queencember prompts 1-3
1. draw or write your version of queen
2. favorite line
3. favorite on-screen/canon interaction
gonna do these in batches bc of time constraint but i must honor queen. she deserves it
86 notes · View notes
look at them go
87 notes · View notes
we all know kris can play the piano. but consider the following:
noelle plays the guitar. she’s been playing since she was little because her mother wanted her to learn an instrument and noelle wanted to learn the same instrument her sister was playing (dess learned guitar from rudy). she inherited her father’s old acoustic guitar after everything with dess goes down, but she doesn’t really feel comfortable playing it because of all of the Emotional Baggage. so, as a christmas present, her parents get her an electric guitar and an amp. she usually only plays when her mom isn’t home because she knows how noise travels through the house, and she teaches herself a lot of metal songs (to impress susie, mostly, but also bc she’s genuinely a metalhead and has been for years)
susie starts to learn the bass when she becomes friends w kris. not like they know how to play, but the dark world provides a plethora of musically-inclined people that susie never would’ve known before. specifically, i think it’d be funny if ralsei knew how to play string instruments? he probably plays some form of a lyre, but once you know one vaguely-guitar-shaped instrument you know them all. the reason susie picks a bass, rather than a guitar, is because she likes how it sounds. low and funky; the bass lurks in the background of every song, providing ample support to the much louder guitar riffs and vocal performances. and, in finding herself in this friend group she is starting to slowly accept as family, she realizes she rather likes not having to always be the loudest person in the group and that supporting can actually be...pretty badass. (plus she finds a bass for cheap on Monster Ebay, so she’s working with what she got)
berdly is a percussionist. this is HIGHLY indulgent because i used to play the drums, but i also feel like drums work surprisingly well for berdly? they’re more tactile and reliant on rhythm, which berdly would have more of an affinity for (being an avid gamer; a hobby that requires tactile use of your fingers). if hometown highschool had a marching band, berdly would be the drumline captain. he just has that vibe. he just screams percussionist in the high school band to me, i really can’t explain it. i also think it gives berdly the opportunity to really let loose in a way that he doesn’t allow himself to do. being the “smart kid” doesn’t allot for a lot of opportunities to go crazy or goof off, but sitting in front of his drumset for an hour or two a night gives him the privacy to really spread his wings (both literally and figuratively). he picks up a pair of drumsticks from the school when they Attempted to have a band class, and just...kept them when the course ended up falling through. his one and only School Crime. eventually, his father notices berdly drumming beats on everything and decides to buy him a snare, which then spirals into berdly being gifted a full drumset for his 15th birthday. it sits in the half-finished basement, along with a lot of the family’s storage, and berdly takes care in making sure his drums are the nicest thing in that room.
ALL OF THIS TO SAY: lightner gang garage band au when
92 notes · View notes
🎭School Play 🎭
103 notes · View notes
Rybeld's friends pt 7-2:
Holy shittttttt krerdly. ALSO I DID NOT KNOW TUMBLR HAS A 10 PICTURE LIMIT...
SO... NO OPENING PAGE LIKE USUAL :(
88 notes · View notes
Going to die on this “Berdly is a roller coaster enthusiast” headcanon hill
152 notes · View notes
Some Various Spams!
59 notes · View notes
((It’s December 1st, which means Holidays! I’ll hopefully digitalize this before Christmas, MAYBE adding in the other major Lightners, but for now, here’s a sketch of Berdly trying to be a supportive little reindeer to his reindeer best friend.))
63 notes · View notes
bro…. is deltarune released yet 😫 i figured you would know and all
66 notes · View notes
More fusion designs, this time werewire berdly and tasque manager!
I had so much fun coming up with these designs and figuring out which color should go where.
51 notes · View notes
It’s babie hours
44 notes · View notes
34 notes · View notes