I just love them so much 💕
Source: Kyoukai no Kanata/Byond The Boundary
Character: Mirai Kuriyama
☆If you wish to repost/use for anything PLEASE DM ME FIRST☆
Free 2 use! Just reblog please <3
✔︎𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐢 𝐊𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐦𝐚 (𝐅𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐠 @/𝐱𝐱𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐢𝐢𝐢𝐢)
Ok so i haven’t rewatched the anime but kyoikai no kanata had so much fucking potential I’m upset with the way it ended. The anime came out in 2014 I think? So I’m going to talk about plot holes and issues I have with it. AGAIN it came out in 2014 so it’s not like I’m spoiling something that just came out. Note that I haven’t watched the movies so these are all observations from the series and OVA.
1. Sexualization of children. Yeah yeah it’s set in high school but the whole thing with Hiiromi sexualising his sister is so fucking gross!!!!!!!!!!! Mirai working at the cafe posing in *certain* outfits for clients who are into it is also DISGUSTINGGGG
2. There are so many unanswered questions it is so annoying! What happened to Izumi that made her make a pact with a youmu? How did she and Miroku Fujima meet? Who is Akihito’s dad? What about his mom? Who is she? Why did she leave him alone? Is she even his real mother?
How does Mirai come back from the dead? Did she even die in the first place?
I dont know I’m just disappointed it left so many questions unanswered. While I’m really new at this whole critique thing, I enjoyed the characters and seeing Akihito and Mirai’s character development through the show. I found the world compelling and I grew to care a lot about all of the characters. I think it had so much potential to become a classic but it just- wasn’t able to deliver. Also the reason I’m attached to it (kind of I guess) is because I watched the first two episodes when it came out and for some reason thought I watched at least half way through it so I recently picked it up again to finish it since I started watching anime again after a 4 year hiatus lmao. Anyway yeah, the only reason I’m attached to it is because it’s a bit sentimental for me. I will continue to talk about it once I watch both movies and rewatch it :)
I also really really wish the manga had been translated into English so I could buy it :(
Rules and Master List
- First things first, I won’t do NSFW because I do not feel that I can write it.
- I am an adult, so if you’re on anon and a minor, please don’t give me your age. MINORS DNI.
- Please be polite, you don’t know what someone could be going through.
- Please don’t dm me unless you’re a mutual, thank you.
- I write male/female/gender neutral, so when my ask box is open, please specify what gender you want.
- I’ll answer requests in headcanon format.
- Please no triggering asks (Suicide, self-harm etc).
- No cheating asks please, those make me sad and uncomfortable.
- Two character limit.
- Watching anime that I’ve seen over and over again to give me those happy vibes. Seriously, if anyone wants to gush over fullmetal alchemist/brotherhood or Beyond the Boundary hit me up RIGHT NOW. I want to geek out about how much I love them.
- Nostalgic Y2K aesthetic posts about fashion, music, and tv shows. Seriously, have y'all not noticed me gushing about Bratz for like 2 months now? The 2000’s had the same hip, classic, fun vibe as the 90’s but it was a brand new century with new ideas, and birthed one of the most….interesting generations. Also, 2000’s had the best cartoons don’t @ me.
- Blankets. Cozzy, fuzzy blankets. I love them. Make me feel safe and secure and warm, and I love different textures of them. Fuzzy textures help me relax and unwind after a lot of stress and anxiety.
- Anything involving HBCU’s. Literally, just the idea of going to a college with a bunch of different people is already cool–but the one unifying factor is our skin color and culture. So many different kinds of black people to be around.
- Atlanta, being a (relativley speaking) safe haven for black LGBT people in comparison to the rest of Georgia AND having 3 (4 if you count Morris Brown) HBCU’s there in the center AND all the cool resturaunts, the mall(s) and shops, the city atmosphere, the black culture, the music, just EVERYTHING about Atlanta. I love it.
just rewatched Beyond the Boundary and i am full of feels, I had forgotten how it ended ;0; it so good!!! also I just found out it has movies how did i not know this?! I must watch!!
if you havent seen Beyond the Boundary/Kyokai no Kanata I recommend it! it came out in 2013 but gah is so good, its only 12 episodes with 2 movies (1 retells the anime the other continues story but even if you dont watch the movie like me its a solid ending), the animation is good, lovely music, the characters are funny, it has romance, cool fighting scenes, a good story ;w;
anyway i give BtB/KnK a 9.9/10 if the 2nd movie can give me that extra .1 i’m looking for i give it a 10/10
I painted some funky topshop jeans… I call this franken-design “The Bowlcut Beatdown” … on the back is gohan and mako from kill la kill
Me: Sleep is for the weak
Also Me: I’m weak af good night
Happy Halloween! 〜(＞＜)〜
⇢ 𝘽𝙚𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙮 𝙞𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙨 ⇠
𝙇𝙞𝙠𝙚/𝙧𝙚𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙜 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙪𝙨𝙚/𝙨𝙖𝙫𝙚 (✿◠‿◠)
So I got my drawing motivation back, but still not my writing one (which sucks). I was able to draw Mirai Kuriyama from Beyond the Boundary (Kyokai no Kanata) and honestly- I really like it haha. If only my eraser worked better.
Ngl kinda fell in love drawing her
I don’t have the name of the original artist, but mine is just a pencil version.