“Carson was an outsider who had never been part of the scientific establishment, first because she was a woman but also because her chosen field, biology, was held in low esteem in the nuclear age.”
- Linda Lear, “Introduction”; from Silent Spring - Rachel Carson
Fern sporangia bursting open, releasing spores. Viewed through a dissecting scope at 4x.
6/6/2020 // 12.30
Central nervous system, chai lattes and chocolate brownies ☕️
Today is tedious, I need more motivation but even ordering tonight’s pub takeaway isn’t doing it for me. I might go for a beach walk but the weather is putting me off slightly!
2020 quarantine challenge: Saturday week 11
Who would you want to be stranded on a desert island with?
Oooooh, my dog? Or my dad would be quite useful to be stranded with, I think we would do quite a good job at surviving 😂
06/06/2020 - There’s so much going on in the world right now. And it’s not pretty. But in spite of all that, I need to keep grinding for the most important exam of my life, which happening soon. Stay safe x
A historical moment… Some of these people have waited their whole lives for mrs mayor to make it across town for their inauguration
(I think it was a Proteus, but not sure 🧫🦠)
development of scales in reptiles is controled partly by a gene complex know as the epidermal differentiation complex. It controls the cornification, or hardening of cells to perform protective functions.
I did my first T injection a couple of days ago!! I was afraid at first after hearing the stories of some friends about panic attacks and passing out, but it was really easy and barely hurt at all!
I’m so excited!!!!!!
I’m a little late but I’ve transitioned into a new bullet journal (that unfortunately has a bit of bleeding but I guess it’s okay and tells me that I’m really not built to be a colorful doodle-y bullet journaler anyway)!
- I applied for the AT&T summer learning academy! It’s a free self-paced online “externship” specifically made for college students (WORLDWIDE!!) affected by COVID-19. Registration is until June 12th and it starts on June 22nd! It covers Business topics like Project Management, Communication Skills, and Leadership as well as Personal Development topics like Interviewing, Resumes, Social Media, and Positive Psychology! I think it’s a wonderful opportunity for everyone, especially STEM majors who might want something non-STEM related on their resume! Link is at the bottom of the post. :)
- I applied to be a student contact tracer this summer through my university!
- I’m starting summer courses this month (General Physics I for half of June and August)
- I’m *thinking* about opening a Redbubble shop! I don’t know if anyone would buy anything but I definitely want to include studyblr/bujo related materials so you all can enjoy it!
I think that’s about it! Happy studying!
Link to AT&T summer externship: https://bit.ly/2MvFrKI
World War One soldier being cared for by nurses.
Atlantic bluefin tuna are the largest species in the mackerel family.
Molecular biology, University of Edinburgh
Investigating the 11q23.1 colorectal cancer risk locus.
I’ve got to hand it to him. That’s a new one.