Starting bullet journaling? Here are some tips:
- Take it easy. You don’t have to use ALL your Japanese stationery on your first spread. Maybe just start with a couple of pens.
- Don’t worry if you don’t follow it through the first time. But don’t stop. Make one for next week. Try to follow that.
- Some yearly pages to start with: Books read, movies watched (pro tip: give your personal 5 star review so if you ever wanna watch an old movie you can just go through this list), year in pixels, goals for the year, achievements, places travelled, and anything else you’re interested in. Don’t do them ALL. Just pick the ones you feel like recording.
- Monthly spreads: MAKE A LITTLE CALENDAR. I know at first it seems cute but pointless, but trust me, you’ll be using it a lot. A bigger calendar to record all the events of the month. Moodchart, sleep tracker, habit tracker, youtube/tumblr/Instagram/blog posts tracker (if you have a page), spendings tracker, diet chart and whatever else you feel like. Again you don’t need to do ALL of them.
- Weekly spreads: You can track any of the monthly charts weekly too, whatever works for you (like I track my habits weekly). Deadlines for the week (if you’re in college TRY THIS. I swear you’ll find it useful.), weekly goals, word of the day, quote of the day, current book, daily tasks etc.
- DON’T WORRY IF YOU AREN’T ABLE TO GO ALL THE WAY THROUGH. Just start again next week.
- A bullet journal doesn’t need an expensive notebook, washi tape, loads of highlighters, stickers etc. It just needs your determination. (But it CAN have those things if that’s your vibe.)
I hope this was helpful :)