Post-Claudia redemption arc headcanons
- Callum is really reluctant to forgive Claudia for everything she’s put him and his loved ones through, especially because she’ll have done even more to them by this point. Soren is just so glad to see her, it’s not long before Ezran accepts her as well.
- Rayla, however, empathises with her because she can see that Claudia really is sorry and Rayla knows how it feels to have been set on the wrong path by a father (figure), to realise it’s wrong and try to make amends. To want people to believe in her goodness and to want Callum’s trust.
- Ezran and Claudia now have a more mature relationship because Ez has grown up, fought battles, he knows Claudia has done bad things and he forgives her despite it all.
- Together, Rayla and Ezran and Soren help rebuild Callum and Claudia’s broken friendship.
- Rayla and Claudia are actually such good friends once they’re on the same side. They mutually respect each other, admire each other’s strengths and provide each other with female company they hadn’t realised they were missing.
- Callum and Claudia, once they finally reconcile, have an amazing bond as well now he doesn’t have a crush on her. They can get to know each other (the new versions of each other) properly, Callum helps Claudia connect to an arcanum, they geek out together over magic, they just enjoy joking around together and they have a much healthier relationship than they ever had.
- At first, Claudia struggles to reconcile how everyone has changed, but especially Callum because he’s so confident now, nothing like the boy who rushed through a flustered explanation of how Rayla was his ‘assassin friend’. She can tell a lot of that is Rayla’s influence but at first she isn’t sure what to make of Rayllum, seeing it up close and not from the other side of a war.
- They aren’t even that flirty when anyone else is around, although they’re usually touching in some way. As a result, she definitely isn’t prepared to come back to the Banther Lodge one day to grab something while Soren and Ezran wait outside and find Callum and Rayla with their door left open, Callum pinning Rayla against the wall, in a way they would never have dared if they knew anyone else was home.
- Needless to say, she’s out of there as quickly as possible but she teases Rayla mercilessly later, and she can’t help being impressed because seriously, since when was Callum that sure of himself?
- All in all, it doesn’t take her that long to be sure that Rayllum won’t stop existing anytime soon, and Rayla and Callum go together in a way she and Callum never did.
Wow… now I’m tempted to write something with these headcanons. I might do that.