What I’m Hoping For in Venom 2:
(Have a cute gif of Vee! 🥰)
Since Venom 2 is currently in development with no trailers yet, here’s a wishlist of what I hope to see in Venom 2.
- Eddie and Venom’s relationship. I’m hoping to see these two with amazing chemistry. Especially since they both helped each other on the first film. Plus, Venom did kiss Eddie while possessing Anne. If the relationship isn’t romantic, then that’s okay with me. I just want to see a man and a Symbiote in a healthy and meaningful relationship that can be platonic, believe it or not. Or, you can heavily imply the romantic relationship by showing a box of Valentine’s Day chocolate all eaten by Venom. There was a comic where Eddie got Venom a heart shaped box full of chocolate, so that could work!
- Anne Weying. I hope the writers don’t downgrade her to “main character’s love interest” considering that Eddie and Anne divorced before Venom came into the picture. I kinda want to see her as She-Venom again, to be honest. Even if it’s brief.
- Eddie getting unusual features do to Venom bonding with him. Such as sharpened teeth, maybe even a pale complexion, darkened eyes or even some black veins that you can only see when he has a short sleeved t-shirt on. Or all of the above.
- A creepy or scary Carnage design. The last thing I want to see when Carnage is on screen is an under designed clone of Venom. Carnage has tendrils and sharper claws than Venom.
- Cletus Cassidy getting a better hairstyle. Because the wig they used on the actor looked dreadful.
- Venom getting scars in the shape of a spider. I was on board with this idea alongside other Venom fans. Since Venom has zero connections with Spider-Man and he’s his own character, it would be pretty cool to see the spider symbol on Venom be scars from Carnage. Like I said, Carnage is stronger than Venom.
- Respect to the characters and Venom lore. When I was mentioning Carnage being stronger than Venom, there was a reason for that. Carnage is the offspring of Venom due to a part of Venom’s tongue being chopped off. Symbiotes asexually reproduce and the off springs are stronger than their parents. So, Venom has a psychopathic kid he has to deal with, because he’s a dad after all! Like I said about Anne, I hope that they don’t make her a love interest or do what the comics did, which was victimize her for shock value. I’m hoping that Eddie gets some good character development alongside Venom. And Dan should, have a bit of a role in the movie too. He was a delight. He didn’t act super jealous of Eddie when Anne simply talked to him, and he saw that there was something wrong with Eddie and took him to the hospital. I was legit waiting for that moment where he goes off on Anne in a fit of jealousy, but that didn’t happen and he was actually concerned about Eddie’s health and well being. That made me like him a little.
- I seriously hope that the writers don’t mess up the story with Spider-Man in the picture. If Spider-Man is going to be put into Venom 2, it better be for a good reason, considering Spider-Man has to go into hiding since SPOILER ALERT, New York thinks he killed people overseas in cold blood all thanks to Mysterio’s one last trick up his sleeve and revealed the identity of Spider-Man. So, I’m hoping that while Spider-Man is in hiding, Eddie and Venom help him out a bit instead of hating him out of the blue because the writers want to follow an old Spider-Man and Venom storyline. I want to see these two team up against Carnage, which is an old story that happened in the comics. I’d much rather have that happen than the Spider-Man vs Venom feud. I’m not saying Eddie should become instant friends with Peter, but he’s gonna need some help since Carnage is a dangerous Symbiote who bonded with a serial killer, which is a lovely combination that ends with a happy ending for a lot of people.
Those are just my thoughts on how I think Venom 2 should be. Keep in mind, I’m not saying the writers ABSOLUTELY must have these things I listed. Like I said, it’s a wishlist. A hopes and dreams list. Or just recommendations the writers don’t have to use. And I’m okay with Eddie and Venom having a close platonic relationship. Just as long as there’s no manipulation on either side’s part, then it’s fine. That’s all for now.
Wicked one from Derrick Chew for Venom #25, Limited to 1000 and available for pre-order on comicselitecomics.com for $25. I keep telling myself I’m not gonna buy any more variant issues; they rairly go up in value. But they’re so fucking cool, tho 🤓
Question for Spider-Man and X-Men fans:
For Spider-Man: Is it worth it reading Absolute Carnage? If so which titles should I read with it? Also, should I be getting all the 2099 books for Spider-Man?
For X-Men: is X-Force a good book to pick up?
The intensity of the facial expressions of this woman 🤯