Okay, as a bookworm/theater kid I was rereading Carry On and listening to Six: The Musical, and then I noticed: Heart of Stone is totally Lucy’s song to Simon and Davy (AKA The Mage or the worst father in the world or the biggest a**hole of all the times).
It’s impossible to not relate both Jane and Lucy:
!Carry On Spoiler!
• Both died when their son were newly born.
You say we’re perfect, a perfect family you hold us close for the world to see…
• Both were used to get the heir to their “beloved” husbands (hate them). At the same time they knew that without the heir their love could disappear.
• Both died relatively young, specially Lucy, and both had great expectations about their future child.
• They just wanted to be happy!!!
Some quotes to compare:
• You say we’re perfect, a perfect family, you hold us close for the world to see..
[…] But I know. Without my son, you love could disappear, and no, it isn’t fair, but I don’t care, cuz my love will still be here.
So, here we can compare Jane and Henry’s relationship with The Mage and Lucy’s, where we can say that while the girls were truly into that relation, the husband only wanted a powerful (literally in Mage’s case) heir. And no matter what, Lucy and Jane were standing there, hopeful.
• Soon I’ll have to go…
I’ll never see him grow…
But I hope, my son will know, he’ll never be alone…
[…] Cuz my love is setting in stone..
Do I really need to say something? I mean, just read Lucy’s chapters in Carry On! It’s heartbreaking!
Well, that’s all for now… Bye!