People I believe to be chaotic academia
Listen to the man speak:
• I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process
• I would rather die of passion than of boredom
• I feel there's nothing more truly artistic than to love people
(He is my spirit animal and I don't accept any comments about it, it's not arguable)
HE PROBABLY LOST PART OF HIS EAR IN A SWORD FIGHT WITH GAUGING???
He painted this:
He looked like this:
• Man came up with The Lord of The Rings during WAR
• And it's ALL a catholic analogy??? He was like "let's invent an entire universe just to yk write my thoughts about my faith (he was a hardcore catholic) and all the traumas of war" instead of just going to therapy?? If this is not chaotic academia I'm done.
• He got beef with Disney bc he already knew they were shady and wouldn't let them make a movie out of TLOTR, he said that he sincerely hated Disney movies
... I recognize his talent, but he has always seemed hopelessly corrupted. Although in most of the 'images' that come from his studies there are admirable or charming passages, the effect of all of them is unpleasant to me. Some have made me nauseous ...
Disney's name is not mentioned in that letter, but it refers to a trickster man who is willing to let the less experienced down, believed to have been in reference to Mary Poppins and the controversy over the PL Travers book adaptation. — Javier Flores for IGN
• Literally invented a language. Literally. Like. For real.
• Guy was grilled alive and said "I'm well done on this side. Turn me over!" and now he's the patron saint of barbecues, cooks, chefs and comedians.
Do you really need any other reason
It is said that Lawrence gave the church’s treasures to the poor and the sick before his arrest
"One of the seven deacons of the city of Rome under Pope Sixtus II who were martyred in the persecution of the Christians that the Roman Emperor Valerian ordered in 258"
And I believe that anyone who has faith is a rebel, so great for him, mostly when being persecuted and discriminated — So Chaotic Academia
I won't stop romanticizing religion freedom? Religion is chaotic academia and you won't ever change my mind
Apparently very smart and sassy but also very kind so
• ??? Tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.
• Messy af
• and a genius
• I was broken when I was told he didn't exist
How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?
My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people do not know >>>>
Education never ends, Watson. It is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.
• the definition of why do one thing
• again, messy af:
• crazy man vibes
• painter, anatomist, architect, paleontologist, artist, botanist, scientist, writer, sculptor, philosopher, engineer, inventor, musician, poet and urban planner
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things."
"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."
"Just as food eaten without appetite is a tedious nourishment, so does study without zeal damage the memory by not assimilating what it absorbs."
"Poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master."
850 notes · View notes