Figuring out some of my AUs on Shadowhunters (and i have PLENTY bc why does this fandom fit, like, EVERYTHING???)
This one is a crossover with a wonderful Russian graphic novel “Exlibrium” originally created by Bubble studio (the authors of Major Grom btw)
Explaining some details: the novel tells us about an organization that deals with fiction characters that come out from “awakened” books to our real world and cause troubles... And actually all its members were once harmed by those characters, became infected with a (kinda) transformed ink and - after an initiation - got a certain “spectral color” and a superpower connected with it
(the original plot is amazing but sooo hard to describe :,) )
But thinking about it is quite fun, so:
- Jace got azure = super speed so he is a freaking pain in the ass
- Clary is a holder of green and is able to heal (but not much of a fighter)
- Isabelle - red & fire, because it is just HER
- Simon was unlucky to get purple which gives an ability to control time and is quite dangerous so EVERYBODY HUNTS HIM LOL NOTHING CHANGED
- Alec’s color is grey that is not normal (like black or white also) and he is under a certain control which makes him deal with a lot of issues (including mental)
- Magnus... is not even a human being one of book characters who work on this organization
-and I assure you the things are a lot more complicated and in my head I’ve got a pretty big remake of the original TSC story based on this setting but ANGEL GIVE ME STRENGTH TO WRITE IT-
Hope u enjoyed :>
48 notes · View notes
As long as I can dream, I will dream of you (the love rune)
Shadowhunters Cross-stitch (please don't steal my pattern and do not repost! I will probably end up putting this pattern on my family's etsy shop that doesn't actually exist yet! But I don't know! (its a work in progress)
46 notes · View notes
“But you have to come out as a vampire,” Clary pointed out. “Luke thought maybe you could, you know, use one of the suggested speeches in the pamphlet, except use the word ‘undead’ instead of—”
“I get it, I get it.” Simon spread the pamphlet open. “Here, I’ll practice on you.” He cleared his throat. “Mom. I have something to tell you. I’m undead. Now, I know you may have some preconceived notions about the undead. I know you may not be comfortable with the idea of me being undead. But I’m here to tell you that the undead are just like you and me.” Simon paused. “Well, okay. Possibly more like me than you.”
“All right, all right.” He went on. “The first thing you need to understand is that I’m the same person I always was. Being undead isn’t the most important thing about me. It’s just part of who I am. The second thing you should know is that it isn’t a choice. I was born this way.” Simon squinted at her over the pamphlet. “Sorry, reborn this way.”
Clary sighed. “You’re not trying.”
39 notes · View notes
simon : a mosquito tried to bite me and i slapped and killed it
simon : and i started thinking
simon : like, it was just trying to get food
simon : what if i went to the fridge and it just slammed the door shut and snapped my neck?
clary : are you okay?
30 notes · View notes
one of my favourite clace scenes ever <3
(credits to @juliacthefangirl )
19 notes · View notes
Kinda late but i managed to finish this for Clary’s birthday! 😌❤️
From The shadowhunter chronicles by @cassandraclare
507 notes · View notes
Clary Fairchild 🖌
A painter, painted.
📖 ~ @cassandraclare
409 notes · View notes
Avoiding Writing Toxic Relationships
- My biggest problem with YA is the glorification of toxic relationships. Especially since it is targeted at a younger group of people who often idolize said relationships. So here’s a guide for determining if your MC’s love interest is toxic, or just a normal flawed person.
- To make a realistic relationship, your MC and their love interest are going to fight. They are (most likely) young and in a high stress situation. It would be completely realistic for them to fight. However, too often in YA, these fights are taken past an unforgivable line. Physical violence is where the line in crossed. They should not push, slap, kick, their partner. If it is lover’s to enemies, this is okay when they are enemies, as long as it stops once they’re in a relationship.
- This goes for girl love interests as well. I’ve seen countless books have the girl slap or kick her male love interest after a small mistake or to show she’s angry at him. Authors do it to show that she’s a “strong female character”. Don’t do that. It’s not something cute. When I was twelve and began reading The Mortal Instruments, I got to the scene where Clary slapped Jace and was confused about whether or not they were really supposed to be interested in each other. (There are several things with their entire relationship. It really is just toxic. I had to stop reading after the second book the first time around.)
- Have your characters be in the wrong! It doesn’t make them toxic, it makes them human and relatable. Have them snap at their love interests over hurt feelings or in a stressful situation. But have them apologize and do better. Not only does it help show the audience that they have a healthy relationship, it shows character development. A character should not be the same as they were at the beginning of the book. They need to learn something. This is a good place to start if you are at a loss.
- What else makes YA couples toxic besides fighting? Consent. I’ve had to stop reading many YA books, because I was so put off by a lack of consent. I’ve seen authors frame forced kisses as romantic, even when the main protagonist was initially mad about it. (Sarah J. Maas books.) I’ve seen characters admit to s*xual assault and and it is framed as romantic because it’s framed as one character pining after the other. There always has to be consult. Characters don’t have to ask for everything, especially if they have an understanding with each other. Forcing things is different. Two best friends, or lovers, who don’t ask to hold hands, lay on top of each other, kiss, etc. (especially if it is common in their relationship) is completely different then knowing someone doesn’t like you and forcing yourself on them or admitting to them you don’t care about their boundaries.
- Have toxic relationships in your stories. Condemn them and show they are bad. Show red flags for young audiences and warn them to stay away from similar people. Have your character grow and over come people who don’t really care about them. Don’t use “he/she had a troubled past and has trauma. Now their a badboy/girl in need of love” to excuse their toxic or controlling behavior.
512 notes · View notes
SHADOWHUNTERS (1.04) “RAISING HELL”
713 notes · View notes
Here are some artworks of Jace and Clary, Magnus, and Will from the Shadowhunter Chronicles that I was commissioned to do for @//turningpagesmerch on instagram!! If you're interested make sure to check out their shop! ☺
778 notes · View notes
Okay last batch:
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4
254 notes · View notes
favorite outfits: clary fray (season 2)
360 notes · View notes
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY CELEBRATION WEEK → Day Three: Favorite Friendship
↳ Isabelle Lightwood and Clary Fray (Shadowhunters)
974 notes · View notes
“Isabelle says the Queen of the Seelie Court has requested an audience with us.”
“Sure,” said Magnus. “And Madonna wants me as a backup dancer on her next world tour.”
Alec looked puzzled. “Who’s Madonna?”
“Who’s the Queen of the Seelie Court?” said Clary.
“She is the Queen of Faerie,” said Magnus. “Well, the local one, anyway.”
Jace put his head in his hands. “Tell Isabelle no.”
“But she thinks it’s a good idea,” Alec protested.
“Then tell her no twice.”
24 notes · View notes
All found family tropes have..:The Mortal Instruments edition
1. Furious bisexual
2. Asshole with a heart of gold and self esteem issues
3. Really sweet Character who's capable of murder and also has self esteem issues
4. Incredibly cool character who's the only one with a braincell
5. Sassy and hiding pain
7. The only one capable of keeping a plant alive
8. Emotional support himbo
222 notes · View notes
little girl who stopped a big war
happy belated bday to clary fairchild <3
395 notes · View notes
Matthew Fairchild, Jace and Kit Herondale:
341 notes · View notes
“I love you, and I will love you until i die. And if there’s life after that, I will love you then.”
Cassandra Clare, Shadow Hunters - The Mortal Instruments
419 notes · View notes
tsc characters name meaning (1/?) - Clary Fairchild
Heroes aren't always the ones who win. They're the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don't give up. That's what makes them heroes.
(I know its been a while since my last edit so please if you'd like to be removed from this tag list please send me a message lovelies <3 )
@theresaherondalecarstairss, @the-uk-is-jk, @ghafa-dale, @darkshadowqueensrule, @adoravel-fenomeno, @magnus-the-maqnificent,@littleturtle95, @too-many-aspirations, @lucie-blackthorns, @writeforjordelia, @i-respectfully-donut-care, @khaleesiofalicante, @untowardflower
199 notes · View notes
I was saving this one for another time, but who cares!
Here are our favourite left-handed blond warriors and their sweet halves :)
1K notes · View notes