Clay Mann’s redesign of Cat for BatCat
New Catwoman costume design by Clay Mann for Batman/Catwoman #1
New Catwoman design by Clay Mann!
I just love it 🖤.🖤, thank you mister Mann.
What do you think?
New Bat/Cat art by Clay Mann and Tomeu Morey! 😻
It taking across three timelines explains why people were giving different answers as to its canonicity; King still seems to be talking about it as the true conclusion, so I’m still holding off.
It seems Batman and Catwoman are rekindling their romance…or at least their working relationship. Batman/Catwoman, from Tom King, Clay Mann, Tomeu Morey, and Clayton Cowles will be told across several timelines. The comic will run for 12 issues and is edited by Jamie S. Rich and Brittany Holzherr.
In the past Batman/Catwoman will explore when Batman and Catwoman first fell in love. In the future Bruce Wayne will have passed away after a long and happy marriage and Selina is able to settle an old score without his objections. In the present Andrea Beaumont, aka Phantasm, is back and her “return calls into question how each character chooses to operate in their costumed, and personal, lives, and any move by Phantasm could change the fate of Bruce and Selina’s future.” (DC Comics) And then there is the Joker, whose past actions reverberate across time and who loves to create chaos.
Batman/Catwoman #1, featuring a cover by Mann and Morey and a variant cover by Travis Charest and another variant cover by Jim Lee, Scott Williams, and Alex Sinclair, will release December 1, 2020, and carry the DC Black Label. June 2021 will also see a Batman/Catwoman Special comic.
(Image via DC Comics)
- written by TOM KING
- art and cover by CLAY MANN
- variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
- variant cover by TRAVIS CHAREST
- blank variant cover
- ON SALE 12/1/20
- $4.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 12 | FC
- DC BLACK LABEL
- CARD STOCK COVERS
- At last, Tom King returns to the rocky, romantic saga of Batman and Catwoman with his Heroes in Crisis collaborator, superstar artist Clay Mann!
- Echoing plot points from King’s epic Batman run, this sweeping tale is told across three timelines: the past, when the Bat and the Cat first fell in love; the present, where their union is threatened by one of Batman’s lost loves; and the future, where the couple have a happy life and legacy—including their daughter Helena, the Batwoman. And as the story begins, after a long marriage, Bruce Wayne passes away—which frees Selina Kyle to settle an old score.
- At every stage of their relationship, Bruce and Selina have an unwelcome chaperone: The Joker!
- Oh, and that lost love of Bruce’s? It’s Andrea Beaumont—a.k.a. Phantasm. Just thought you’d want to know.
Awesome variants covers and interiors for Batman/Catwoman!