Note: English is not my first language. This is my first newcob fanfic pls don’t attack me lol. I wrote it with a lot of love, though. Hope ya’ll like it.
It’s very sweet and talks about how sometimes we want to impress somebody with our skills, but we doubt ourselves way too much while doing it. And it also talks about how it’s good to have someone who understands insecurities and listens to you.
- So… uh… this is how I do it?
- Yes, exactly! You’re doing great. But pay attention to the size of the cookies: Here you did a really big cookie, but your last cookie was very small. You need to make all of them from the same size.
That morning, Newt woke up with a huge and sudden desire to learn how to bake, just like Jacob. It was good to eat Jacob’s sweets, but Newt wanted to know how he did such delicious things. Also, it was a great opportunity to impress the cute baker. He would fall in love with Scamander’s skills, and say things like “Oh, I’m so proud of you!”, “you’re good at this”, “You are so talented, darling. Can I kiss you as a reward?”, “Wow, you’re such a hardworking man. And your muscles look great while baking”
Alright, maybe Scamander went way too far with his imagination on how Jacob would react. He still hoped they would kiss, though.
- Ugh, I don’t know how to do this! Is this what you do everyday? - Newton looked angrily at the other man, taking off the sweat on his forehead with his arm - How do you muggles do this type of activity without not even a bit of magic? What a tragic way of living.
Kowalski just laughed at how pissed the wizard was. It was indeed hard to learn how to bake, even harder when you use magic your whole life for everything like Scamander did. No matter the situation, Newt always had his wand by his side. Wash dishes with his own hands? What was he, an animal? Just use magic. Go to distant places by car or train? What a waste of time. Just use magic. That was his logic for everything.
- Baking is always hard, buddy. Don’t worry, you’ll get better at it. You’re learning with a professional baker.
- No, I’m sure I won’t get better - said Newt, putting his hand on his face in disappointment with himself. Which made him even more annoyed, since now he was terrible at baking and had flour on his face. Oh, and of course, looked stupid in front of the man he was trying to impress.
Jacob just sighed and rolled his eyes a little. Newt could be very childish sometimes.
- First - He said, cleaning Newt’s face with a napkin - Let’s take this flour off your face. Second, let’s calm down a little and put the chopped chocolate on the cookies. What about that? We are almost done.
- Well… sounds good to me. Thank you. And sorry for being a jerk. I just… hate learning new things. I hate knowing things too. I’m quite angry this morning actually. I don’t know if you noticed.
- No, I didn’t notice.
- Of course I did, Newt. You almost did a hate crime against the wind for messing your hair earlier. - Both laughed really hard on their own ways: Jacob was loud but didn’t really move, meanwhile Newt couldn’t even make sounds, he just put a hand on his smiling lips and bent over.
- In my defense, my hair looked spectacular. It had perfect curls and was shiny as the sun! I was genuinely sad and mad when it got messy.
- Oh, common, your hair looks fantastic everyday - said Jacob, who smiled softly at Newt. Newt, on the other side, didn’t really smile but felt really flattered and in love, at the point he just freezed in shyness and stared at the floor like he always did. Some would even say his face was red from ear to ear. - The wind just made it even more cute.
That’s it. Newt was never going to comb his hair again. Messy was his new style now. Hell yeah.
Without even noticing, both had finished putting chocolate on the cookies. Newt didn’t want to brag, but he was definetely the best cooker in the world. The cookies looked great. The other cookers could suck his dick and go fuck themselves.
Damn, what the hell was he thinking? Maybe getting a compliment from Jacob made him feel a little too cocky. Newt just ignored his weird thoughts and picked the baking stray up, putting it inside the oven.
- Be careful, the heat is dangerous.
- Don’t worry sir, my middle name is danger - Said the english wizard in a silly way, closing the oven’s door.
- Really? Nice to meet you, Newt Danger Scamander.
- Nice to meet you too, Jacob Cute Kowalski
Newton wasn’t usually a very straightforward man, and even when he was, he acted all shy and just couldn’t look Jacob in the eyes. But today was different: he was going to get a kiss, one way or another. He still didn’t want to look him in the eyes though. That was like staring at the sun, and not in a poetic way. Looking at people is scary and Newt knows that feeling way too well.
He always thought he looked like a moron while looking at the floor instead of other people’s eyes, but Jacob thought it was the most adorable thing. Everything about Newt was unbelievably adorable, even if Newt himself didn’t think so.
- Hey, you are the cute folk here
- The only cute folk I see here is you - Newt smiled without showing teeth, getting closer to Jacob, who did the same. - I think we are both cute folks, then.
- Agreed, folk.
They touched hands, heads getting closer and lips ready for eachother. The moment they kissed, they didn’t want to stop. Both had been waiting for that moment for so long, and it felt so good. It felt divinely good.
Newt liked how warm Jacob’s body was in that freezing morning, and how soft his skin was. He liked how small and vulnerable the other man was in his arms, making him feel big and protective. He liked the smell of flour, sugar and lavender coming from his american lover. He liked every single detail. He liked Jacob, and he wished the kiss could last forever.
Every moment, every flirt, every stare, every bad joke, everything led them to that special moment. Jacob had a lot of flaws, but Newton didn’t care. They were all worth fighting for, they were all part of who Kowalski was. And it was the most poetic and graceful thing, to be human and to be loved.
They understood each other more than anything or anyone, and even though they both knew they could never get to know everything about each other, it was amazing to know something new day by day.
Jacob would be lying if he said he wasn’t enjoying the long kiss too. Newt was really good at it, making it extremely passionate but at the same time extremely hot. Newt was slim, which was always something Kowalski found attractive. So feeling his skinny body against his was a lovely sensation.
Finally him and Newt confessed their love for each other. No words involved, no “I love you”. Just action. That surprised him more than anything else, since he would expect Newt to do a two hour speech just to tell him the truth. But Newt just did what his heart wanted. He didn’t plan anything. It meant that their love didn’t need planning. It meant their love was beyond shyness.
After they stopped because both were quite embarrassed and surprised by each other, Newt touched his lips, not believing what just happened. He couldn’t help but smile and blush. Jacob wasn’t very different, since he sighed softly and gently touched Newt’s left arm.
- Is it just me or this place is hotter than before? - Said the baker.
- Wow, that is… exactly what I was thinking about. But I didn’t know you felt the same and - He tried putting both arms on Jacob’s shoulders but he was quickly interrupted.
- No, seriously, there’s something burning!
- Oh my god, the cookies!
The shorter man turned off the oven, opening the frame and seeing there was a lot of smoke, and the smoke went all over the house. Trying to see where his lover was, he couldn’t see anything.
- Newt? Where are you?
- I’m here! I can fix this, wait a second.
And in literally one second, all the smoke was gone. “Well, that’s a positive point of having a wizard as a boyfriend”, he thought.
- Oh my dear lord, I’m so sorry Jacob. I didn’t mean to mess it up. I will fix the cookies with my wand.
- That’s okay, Newt. It was my fault. The heat was way higher than it should be, that’s why it burnt so fast.
- Well, I shouldn’t have kissed you in the first place. I just wanted us to do something nice together, maybe learn how to cook and maybe even impress you. But now my penis is slightly hard and I’m pretty confused if I should either feel good or guilty about it and why the hell does your mouth taste like fresh strawberries? How is that even possible? Do you like, eat strawberries for breakfast or-
Newt wasn’t even joking or being sarcastic, he was genuinely concerned. Which was incredibly funny for the other man, who still didn’t get used to the wizard’s peculiar way of being. Scamander had a awkward type of confidence that no one else had. Not a lot of people would say “my penis is slightly hard” in a casual conversation about burnt cookies.
Jacob didn’t say anything. He just let Newt vent all he wanted, because maybe that is what he needed. He was usually very calm and even oddly polite, but that day he was absolutely nuts. Something about the whole cookies situation was a sensitive topic for him. Or perhaps it was something else he wasn’t even aware of.
When the vent was done, they just stared at each other. Newt felt better, and so did Jacob. Who needed so many bad feelings so early in the morning, anyway? It was better to just let things be, without drama. But it was quite relaxing to let all the feelings out.
As Newt promised, he made the cookies go to the most perfect state they were allowed to be. Little detail: they were magically delicious.
Before Newt could open his mouth again, Jacob kissed his cheek.
- Thank you. I’m very sorry. Guess I’m nothing without magic.
- Sincerely? No one is something without magic.
Both hold hands for some time. It was completely silent, but a great type of silence. Not uncomfortable, just natural.
- I love you.
- I love you too. Very much. By the way, you’re very good at baking. I wasn’t gonna say anything, but your muscles looked so hot while you were shaping those cookies.
- Oh my God. This is exactly how I imagined, but without me having a break down about how I’m terrible at baking.
- It’s because I read your diary, dork. You really should pay more attention and not let it widely open in the middle of the of the living room’s table.
- Please never read it again. Seriously. All my dark thoughts are there.
- I can’t promise anything.
They just kept holding hands like the silly lovers they were, for minutes. But Newt broke the lovely silence.
- So… about that boner I mentioned…
- I can take care of it.
- Please marry me.