I’m very happy with how these bones turned out! I think this is the best batch I’ve done so far!!! (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ ♡～('▽^人) ❀ They’re from a crow that landed in our yard and passed away naturally near the beginning of May this year.
The body was buried with a wooden board underneath so the bones wouldn’t get as displaced. Of course, some parts did go missing, but I’m still extremely pleased with the amount that I was able to retrieve! ( ◡‿◡ )
After digging them up, they still had some tissue on them, so I used the water maceration method and let them soak in a bucket of water for quite a while. Some of the bones are actually still in the the water bucket, since they still have some stubborn bits stuck on them, so this isn’t quite all of them.
I gave them a stain with some instant coffee and hot water. Now here they are! (ﾉ>ω<)ﾉ·₊˚𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂˚₊·
(Also, I do know about the Canadian Mirgatory Bird Act, don’t worry. )
✧d(•̀ v•̀ ) Happy Mabon, Autumnal Equinox and Bi Visibility day!!
125 notes · View notes